Zach starting Sunday (merged)

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

White had to beat the Vikings imo. With the playoffs at less than 30% now, I could see Woody pushing for Wilson to get back on the field. Combined with a vague rib injury for White, it’s an easy opportunity.

Woody wants to win, I'm not sure he really cares who the QB is. It's the front office who wants Wilson to play. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Wilson is 5-2

White is 1-2

Can we stop acting like White has turned this team around?

Sure when people stop acting like ZW is a good player and a good leader. He sucks and his attitude is even worse. No one in the locker room respects him for reasons that only he created. He better play well and get a win or he'll be the backup for the Browns next year.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, prime21 said:

In the long run this may be the best thing. YES we want to make the playoffs but by seasons end we need to firmly know where we are with Zack. This is his opportunity to lead us to the playoffs. If he looks horrible vs the Lions and probably the Jags then it’s time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree:

Even is Zack never took another snap this season he'd be competing for the starting job along with whoever else JD signs to fill the QB room.  This idea that he is done before his 3rd season is just fan hysteria.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

This is what MW gets for trusting his OL, staying in the pocket and firing downfield, sacrificing himself for the team 

It’s ironic

If he had just thrown the ball away or given himself up on those 2 plays, he’d probably still have his job 

But whatever, it is what it is

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Yeetin It said:

First time in a while I agreed with Stephen A Smith’s take. This is it for Wilson. Either he comes in and has a good game, or he’s done done. The lions defense is getting better, but they are by no means good.

correct.  If he can't put together a real performance he needs to sit for the rest of the year.

and i expect the Lions to score some points so Zach needs some TDs.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not a conspiracy guy but I have to say that this is all very coincidental. Wilson gets elevated,  @football guyis saying that this was the week they wanted Zach to come back and play,  the doctors cleared White for practice and Saleh and White have been talking about how they both think White will play on Sunday. Now on Friday, the doctors don't clear White to play.

It sounds as though the front office, who always thought of Wilson not playing as a temporary thing, saw their opportunity to convince the doctor to tell White he needed some time to heal in order to get Wilson back into the lineup. 

The front office NEVER wanted to bench Wilson, Saleh did and the owner made the final call. JD probably spoke to Saleh, talked him into going along with this plan in order to see what they have with Zach. The Jets could not replace White with Wilson without the injury excuse for many reasons. The front office is willing to tank the season in order to attempt to save face. The longest playoff drought in the NFL is going to continue bc of JD's pride. Way to go. 

Cleared for practice and cleared for contact are two different things. If MW was never injured he would be starting this week. See no conspiracy in that 

3 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

First time in a while I agreed with Stephen A Smith’s take. This is it for Wilson. Either he comes in and has a good game, or he’s done done. The lions defense is getting better, but they are by no means good.

The 1979 Buccaneers D is good enough to stop ZW.

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I really don't think it's that deep.  I'll buy the fact that they knew White's injury was worse early in the week before telling anyone, thus elevating Zach to be in a position to fight for his job again by playing this week.  I said as much in my post before.  However I think it was a pretty easy call to bench Zach.  His play was crazy, he had a ridiculous presser, his team was liking tweets talking bad about him.  Any organization would have pulled the plug for a bit to let things cool down.

I don't think JD is going to fake a doctors report to force Zach back in the lineup to try and vindicate himself.  I think that's absurd and very tinfoil hat.

Your don't have to fake a doctors report. Not being cleared to play and the team making an "organizational decision" are two different things. Saleh said this was an organizational decision to not let White play. He may have been able to be cleared by Sunday and the Jets organization decided to not let that play out and they used the old "were saving the patter from himself" excuse when in reality its bc they see this as an opportunity to get Wilson back on the field.  Organizations, GMs, Coaches lie all of the time. 

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, but let's think this through. 

Let's say you are JD and you decide that the Lions are the weakest defense we have left on the schedule (Seattle and Miami's defenses are also kinda trash, but fair enough) and you want to save your #2 pick. Wouldn't this have been decided last Sunday or Monday? In fact, the Mike White injury would have been the perfect excuse for Saleh to come out on Monday and tell the world that Mike White has broken ribs and can't play going forward. Why wait until three days before the game? 

Everyone would have understood on Monday if you told the world that Mike White has 4 broken ribs and simply isn't cleared to start another game. In fact, why did they even put him back in the game last Sunday at all? 

As usual, this conspiracy theory doesn't really make any sense

You’re completely ignoring the “people are stupid” thing here.

35 minutes ago, slats said:

The Lions and Seahawks games are less important than the Jags and, especially, fish for playoff hopes. Can’t afford to lose one of those, but can afford to lose to the Lions. 

I’m hoping Zach balls out. He’s come back better after these time outs every time. If not, then I guess you have to wonder if the short week will be enough time for White to be healthy enough for Thursday night. I’m sure no one likes it, but I’d venture to guess it’s Zach’s job now until he loses it. 

I know, it’s pause!