Zach starting Sunday (merged)

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s gonna be so f*cking funny when White doesn’t re-sign here in the off-season because he’s not going to be dicked around and we have to listen to training battle stats between Zach Wilson, Carson Wentz, Streveler, and some slap-dick rookie.  Seriously; it’s going to be absolutely hysterical.

More like gonna be depressing. I feel deep down White has become a fan favorite of this team and coaches and re-signs here for more money. Zach has played himself out of NYC and that makes me wanna Dougie lol.

• Upvote 1

I broke a rib in the middle of Covid, called my Dr cousin, he asked a few questions and said organs not punctured and it takes 6-8 weeks to recover. To this date, it was the most pain I’ve experienced in my life. Getting in and out of bed, coughing and sneezing & couldn’t lift anything. When all was said and done, took about 5 weeks to feel almost normal and about 7 weeks to be pain free. White has to have some type of fracture(s) and or break(s) to be kept out of the game. The Jets may have been posturing this week so the Lions prepare for White. In any event, rootin for a win, let’s go Jets!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

35 minutes ago, KRL said:

For those "hating" on Wilson you need to drop your rocks and hope he's
improved.  Because we have no other option, Flacco proved last week
he's done and there's no way Streveler is going to see the field this
late in the season.  It makes no sense to hope Wilson fails because if
he does we aren't going to the playoffs

Why a Jets fan would hope Wilson fails is beyond me...But then again it shouldn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

More like gonna be depressing. I feel deep down White has become a fan favorite of this team and coaches and re-signs here for more money. Zach has played himself out of NYC and that makes me wanna Dougie lol.

Mike White just learned today that he will never get a fair shot at keeping this starting job.  If he is offered similar money for a similar opportunity, but one that is more of a “true competition”, he is as good as gone.

Ask yourself this question: If Zach Wilson was playing like White has, had sore ribs, was cleared for practice Wednesday and Thursday, with the team in the playoff hunt, do you think he would have been sat this weekend?  You know the answer to that and so do I.  This has nothing to do with health. It’s all politics.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I broke a rib in the middle of Covid, called my Dr cousin, he asked a few questions and said organs not punctured and it takes 6-8 weeks to recover. To this date, it was the most pain I’ve experienced in my life. Getting in and out of bed, coughing and sneezing & couldn’t lift anything. When all was said and done, took about 5 weeks to feel almost normal and about 7 weeks to be pain free. White has to have some type of fracture(s) and or break(s) to be kept out of the game. The Jets may have been posturing this week so the Lions prepare for White. In any event, rootin for a win, let’s go Jets!

Dan Campbell said his club has been preparing to face last year’s No. 2 overall pick.

“We kind of had an idea, so we’re ready,” Campbell said in his Friday press conference. “We knew he was going into the game anyway [as the No. 2 QB], so we figured they were going to play him. So, it’s really — same thing, man, it’s about being disciplined.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s gonna be so f*cking funny when White doesn’t re-sign here in the off-season because he’s not going to be dicked around and we have to listen to training battle stats between Zach Wilson, Carson Wentz, Streveler, and some slap-dick rookie.  Seriously; it’s going to be absolutely hysterical.

Actually if re-signing Mike White is a priority and you are hoping for White to be the starter this situation makes signing him way more likely to be quite honestly.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

As a longtime Jets fan I would never miss a huge game like this. 

If Zach plays really well he'll most likely start on Thursday. If he doesn't, AND MW is cleared, he will start.

Let me repeat what I have been saying the past 3 games. Zach sucks. Now let me add, Zach was not a 3 week project to fix what was wrong. The fact is though, the Lions are sort of like we were with White, they are trying to see if Goff can be the guy so, who knows what happens but if I have something else to do during the game, I probably will decide to just DVR it. 

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not a conspiracy guy but I have to say that this is all very coincidental. Wilson gets elevated,  @football guyis saying that this was the week they wanted Zach to come back and play,  the doctors cleared White for practice and Saleh and White have been talking about how they both think White will play on Sunday. Now on Friday, the doctors don't clear White to play.

It sounds as though the front office, who always thought of Wilson not playing as a temporary thing, saw their opportunity to convince the doctor to tell White he needed some time to heal in order to get Wilson back into the lineup. 

The front office NEVER wanted to bench Wilson, Saleh did and the owner made the final call. JD probably spoke to Saleh, talked him into going along with this plan in order to see what they have with Zach. The Jets could not replace White with Wilson without the injury excuse for many reasons. The front office is willing to tank the season in order to attempt to save face. The longest playoff drought in the NFL is going to continue bc of JD's pride. Way to go. 

The plan was that Zach would be on scout team for at least 2 weeks, then backup for at least 1 week, with the earliest Zach would be reinserted to the starting lineup was Detroit (baring injury). Front office helped Saleh and the coaching staff come up with this plan, and ownership was approving of it. Mike White changed those plans with his play, and they determined after MIN that White deserved 2 more starts/Zach would benefit most being on scout team for another week. They determined last Friday Zach would be elevated to backup this week. If they lost this week with Mike White at QB, they were going to turn to Zach next week coming off a 3-game losing streak. 

Mike White had 3rd part doctors evaluate his CT scans and they wouldn't clear him. So unless the Jets were sneaking around telling those doctor's not to clear him, I find it extremely unlikely there's a deeper conspiracy to this. White had some bruising to his internal organs, and they worried another hit could pierce them. That is what happened here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Why a Jets fan would hope Wilson fails is beyond me...But then again it shouldn't surprise me.

Why a jets fan would want him to be the face of this franchise is more ludacris. He's a non accountability taking spoiled brat, born with a silver spoon up his azz, not to mention maybe the WORST QB in Jet history. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not good for many reasons, but a big reason is that Jets fans are not going to give Zach even an inch of leeway.

With the first missed pass, the boos will rain down, which will only cause Zach to press even more, and be even more terrible.

Barring a masterful performance by Zach (which ain't going to happen) this doesn't end well.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike White just learned today that he will never get a fair shot at keeping this starting job.  If he is offered similar money for a similar opportunity, but one that is more of a “true competition”, he is as good as gone.

Ask yourself this question: If Zach Wilson was playing like White has, had sore ribs, was cleared for practice Wednesday and Thursday, with the team in the, do you think he would have been sat this weekend?  You know the answer to that and so do I.  This has nothing to do with health. It’s all politics.

I'm not sure they are playing Zach if there was concern that he can pierce his stomach/liver because of the way the broken rib is healing/not healing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Why a jets fan would want him to be the face of this franchise is more ludacris. He's a non accountability taking spoiled brat, born with a silver spoon up his azz, not to mention maybe the WORST QB in Jet history. 

He's 23 yrs old and now 18 months from being the #2 pick in the draft.  Yeah let's keep rooting for him to fail

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ask yourself this question: If Zach Wilson was playing like White has, had sore ribs, was cleared for practice Wednesday and Thursday, with the team in the, do you think he would have been sat this weekend?  You know the answer to that and so do I.  This has nothing to do with health. It’s all politics.

Nah, this is not like the Sanchez over Clemens shaft situation in 2009, White clearly has a hairline fracture he'd play Saleh wants playoffs too bad to be about polititcs.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He just said that they knew on Monday he wasn't available, said it was gamesmanship.

He didn't say that. What strategic advantage do you have by releasing this info today instead of 11:30 am on Sunday when the inactives come out? The answer is none. 

The plan was that Zach would be on scout team for at least 2 weeks, then backup for at least 1 week, with the earliest Zach would be reinserted to the starting lineup was Detroit (baring injury). Front office helped Saleh and the coaching staff come up with this plan, and ownership was approving of it. Mike White changed those plans with his play, and they determined after MIN that White deserved 2 more starts/Zach would benefit most being on scout team for another week. They determined last Friday Zach would be elevated to backup this week. If they lost this week with Mike White at QB, they were going to turn to Zach next week coming off a 3-game losing streak. 
Mike White had 3rd part doctors evaluate his CT scans and they wouldn't clear him. So unless the Jets were sneaking around telling those doctor's not to clear him, I find it extremely unlikely there's a deeper conspiracy to this. White had some bruising to his internal organs, and they worried another hit could pierce them. That is what happened here. 

Makes sense, no matter the player, the team is making decisions based on medical evaluations. If White takes a bad shot, then he can be carted off the field and depending on the severity threaten his career. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm not sure they are playing Zach if there was concern that he can pierce his stomach/liver because of the way the broken rib is healing/not healing

That is if you actually believe that they are more concerned with that situation than they are admitting they got it wrong with the 2nd overall pick, which I don’t.

• Haha 2