Zach starting Sunday (merged)

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He's 23 yrs old and now 18 months from being the #2 pick in the draft. 

And Darnold was the same, but better in every aspect and this organization gave up on him too quick. Lets see Zach operate with Bowles and Gase as head coach. YIKES! Look what Bowles is doing even with Tom Brady as QB in TB. lol

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is what MW gets for trusting his OL, staying in the pocket and firing downfield, sacrificing himself for the team 

It’s ironic

If he had just thrown the ball away or given himself up on those 2 plays, he’d probably still have his job 

But whatever, it is what it is

MW should have scrambled in the pocket to avoid the hit like most NFL QB's do regularly.  The defensive player came from right up the middle in full view of the QB.  A little side step and the hit is avoided and the pass gets off.  

• More Ugh 1

Just now, dcJet said:

MW should have scrambled in the pocket to avoid the hit like most NFL QB's do regularly.  The defensive player came from right up the middle in full view of the QB.  A little side step and the hit is avoided and the pass gets off.  

Get out there and show us how it's done.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Or pirouette

My take - amazing how anything that can go wrong will with the Jets QB situation. That said, let's see what Zach has. He now knows he has no leash. He'll be treated like everyone else. We also got a glimpse, as did the rest of the NFL, into what White is. He's good, but injury prone. I think we might actually get White signed during this season at a better price. He knows he can beat out Zach and be the starter...and so do the coaches. 

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

with millions on the line a QB desperate to be a full time starter will step into rushes like that.  Problem is that is not sustainable.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike White just learned today that he will never get a fair shot at keeping this starting job.  If he is offered similar money for a similar opportunity, but one that is more of a “true competition”, he is as good as gone.

Ask yourself this question: If Zach Wilson was playing like White has, had sore ribs, was cleared for practice Wednesday and Thursday, with the team in the, do you think he would have been sat this weekend?  You know the answer to that and so do I.  This has nothing to do with health. It’s all politics.

This is a fun conspiracy, but falls apart if you listen to Saleh's press conference where he detailed how Mike White got outside opinions from multiple doctors outside the Jets medical staff, none of whom would clear him for contact. Unless you think Saleh was lying about that.

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

The plan was that Zach would be on scout team for at least 2 weeks, then backup for at least 1 week, with the earliest Zach would be reinserted to the starting lineup was Detroit (baring injury). Front office helped Saleh and the coaching staff come up with this plan, and ownership was approving of it. Mike White changed those plans with his play, and they determined after MIN that White deserved 2 more starts/Zach would benefit most being on scout team for another week. They determined last Friday Zach would be elevated to backup this week. If they lost this week with Mike White at QB, they were going to turn to Zach next week coming off a 3-game losing streak. 

Mike White had 3rd part doctors evaluate his CT scans and they wouldn't clear him. So unless the Jets were sneaking around telling those doctor's not to clear him, I find it extremely unlikely there's a deeper conspiracy to this. White had some bruising to his internal organs, and they worried another hit could pierce them. That is what happened here. 

I know that's what the Jets front office wants out there and I know you're getting that info from someone in that front office. That doesn't make it true. This was the chance to get Wilson back in there and they jumped at it. Listening to guys the last few weeks ago who actually played QB in the NFL and they all said the same thing. That there is no way Wilson could clean up his glaring footwork issues his obvious pre and post snap read issues during the season. They all said that would have to be done in the offseason. The Jets are going to tank bc the front office would rather be right than win. 

• Upvote 2

Okay, I am as bummed as anyone else, but there is no conspiracy here guys.

White took MULTIPLE shots to the ribs that day.  Is he tough for standing in and throwing the ball?  Yes.  Is he also stupid?  Yes.  Sometimes, you gotta protect yourself.  

That said, being cleared to practice IS NOT the same as getting hit.  He was cleared to practice, I am sure, in the hopes that he would be cleared to play.  Third party doctors have all said no.  He clearly has a more significant injury than what is being expressed.

So, that is that.  The season is on the line this week. 

ZACH FANS....LISTEN UP!  This is it for your golden boy.  He has to go out, command this team, make some tough throws and win this game.  Jets lose, he should be done with this franchise.  This will be the third kick at the can.  The first two, he has regressed each time.  This is the game he HAS to get better.  There are no more outs here ladies and gentleman.  He either becomes the true #1 or he steps aside for whoever QB's this team next year.  Cut and dry. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

this is a good thing no? we do want jets to win?

No I am a sleeper agent Pats fan who is very committed to my work to the tune of 20 years and tens of thousands of posts on a Jets board pretending to be a Jets fan.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike White just learned today that he will never get a fair shot at keeping this starting job.  If he is offered similar money for a similar opportunity, but one that is more of a “true competition”, he is as good as gone.

Ask yourself this question: If Zach Wilson was playing like White has, had sore ribs, was cleared for practice Wednesday and Thursday, with the team in the, do you think he would have been sat this weekend?  You know the answer to that and so do I.  This has nothing to do with health. It’s all politics.

Not buying this at all.  We all saw the hit he took.

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

Joe Flacco is the No. 2 QB on Sunday. Sorry Streveler fans.

Damn. I had a vision of Strev backing up Wilson.  Then in the game, Wilson plays very well in a high scoring affair, but takes a big hit and goes out...Streve comes in and rallies the team to a win.

Now who's the starting QB?

Just now, jgb said:

No I am a sleeper agent Pats fan who is very committed to my work to the tune of tens of thousands of posts on a Jets board pretending to be a Jets fan.

makes sense...also makes sense someone would spend all this time on this board all year long and not watch a game cause butt hurt or something...lol

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

. Mike White changed those plans with his play, and they determined after MIN that White deserved 2 more starts/Zach would benefit most being on scout team for another week. They determined last Friday Zach would be elevated to backup this week. If they lost this week with Mike White at QB, they were going to turn to Zach next week coming off a 3-game losing streak. 

This is the exact way I read the situation. Maybe I am crazy but I think we have a better chance to win with Zach than with White.  He should have been benched after the NE game but all 3 of his really bad games were against NE...not like he was that great outside of NE games but he was not really turnover prone and Zach was pretty clutch in a lot of situations that went entirely unnoticed

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

They wanted Zach to play …. Didn’t tony romo play with a bunch of broken ribs and a big ass flak jacket before ? ?

I think its less about the ribs. If you break ribs but the break doesn't threaten your internal organs its one thing. When you get hit in the lower torso and they break in an area where the splinter can pierce an internal organ, your putting the player at severe risk. 

If the doctor's had the opportunity to give him a more thorough CT scan mid-game last week, I don't think they're letting him back into the game. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

makes sense...also makes sense someone would spend all this time on this board all year long and not watch a game cause butt hurt or something...lol

I make decisions based on the value of my time versus the expected entertainment value of spending it to watch.

Everyone who keeps saying that if Wilson plays bad this week that he's done hasn't been paying attention at all. The Jets front office cares about one thing being right. This isn't about winning and its certainly not about putting the best player on the field. It's about saving face. I thought JD was smarter than this but he's just another guy in a long line of idiots who thinks they know better than everyone else. I thought he'd admit his mistake and move on but unfortunately that's not the case and we'll most likely have the worst starting QB in the NFL starting for us again next year. There is no way they move on from Wilson before the end of next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

I think its less about the ribs. If you break ribs but the break doesn't threaten your internal organs its one thing. When you get hit in the lower torso and they break in an area where the splinter can pierce an internal organ, your putting the player at severe risk. 
If the doctor's had the opportunity to give him a more thorough CT scan mid-game last week, I don't think they're letting him back into the game. 

I was surprised he was clear to come back in that game. The NFL will probably make some changes this off-season to address potential severe injuries during a game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, football guy said:

They are basically in equal position with Flacco and BYU. Might as well give him a chance to show something or run himself out of town.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Everyone who keeps saying that if Wilson plays bad this week that he's done hasn't been paying attention at all. The Jets front office cares about one thing being right. This isn't about winning and its certainly not about putting the best player on the field. It's about saving face. I thought JD was smarter than this but he's just another guy in a long line of idiots who thinks they know better than everyone else. I thought he'd admit his mistake and move on but unfortunately that's not the case and we'll most likely have the worst starting QB in the NFL starting for us again next year. There is no way they move on from Wilson before the end of next year.

It kind of feels like they’re punting on the playoffs after the last two losses. Unless Wilson completely bombs, like New England level bad, I can’t see White seeing the field again unless Wilson gets hurt.