Zach starting Sunday (merged)

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mike White played great and we went 1-2. He’s not a starter that you can win it all with.  He’s a GREAT number 2 that can save the season long enough for the real guy to get back from injury.

Is Wilson that guy?  I’m 95% sure the answer is no, but we have nothing to lose by finding out now instead of waiting until next year. 

Except losing a chance at the playoffs THIS year. 

Rooting for Wilson and the Jets on Sunday, but if Wilson bombs on Sunday, I feel like all hell is gonna break loose. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mike White played great and we went 1-2. He’s not a starter that you can win it all with.  He’s a GREAT number 2 that can save the season long enough for the real guy to get back from injury.

Is Wilson that guy?  I’m 95% sure the answer is no, but we have nothing to lose by finding out now instead of waiting until next year. 

Lol the JETS (not the QB) lost to two 10-win teams on the road and you’ve reached your grand conclusion on the guy’s whole career. This is the hard-hitting analysis I come here for. Not to mention the QB in question had a litany of elite-level throws. He struggled in the RZ because it was his 5th and 6th career starts. People gotta be smarter. Cmon now. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, DireJet said:

Lol the JETS (not the QB) lost to two 10-win teams on the road and you’ve reached your grand conclusion on the guy’s whole career. This the hard-hitting analysis I come here for. Not to mention the QB in question had a litany of elite-level throws. He struggled in the RZ because it was his 5th and 6th career starts. People gotta be smarter. Cmon now. 

Not to mention, if Berrios catches that pass, they more than likely beat the Vikings. 

10 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

FYI the better conspiracy isn't that Saleh lied (in quite a bit of detail) about Mike White "exhausting" all possible options outside the Jets medical staff to find a doctor to clear him for contact. That would fall apart within hours/days. No, the better theory is that Mike White did visit multiple doctors, but the secret cabal of Woody Johnson, Joe D, Zach's mom and/or JetBlue paid them off.

^^ Here's your pivot @T0mShane

charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadel

• Upvote 1

Just now, DireJet said:

Lol the JETS (not the QB) lost to two 10-win teams on the road and you’ve reached your grand conclusion on the guy’s whole career. This the hard-hitting analysis I come here for. Not to mention the QB in question had a litany of elite-level throws. He struggled in the RZ because it was his 5th and 6th career starts. People gotta be smarter. Cmon now. 

The jury is in and MW sucks but we need more information before we can judge BYU (or Darnold, for that matter).

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

omg, the worst part of this whole thing is if this is all a clever ruse to get Zach back out there, that means by good dear friend @football guy was right?  

Hang Myself No Way GIF

We’re gonna get a 1st round pick taken from us for lying about an injury but it’ll all have been worth it to get Wilson on the field for the Detroit game.

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Except losing a chance at the playoffs THIS year. 

Rooting for Wilson and the Jets on Sunday, but if Wilson bombs on Sunday, I feel like all hell is gonna break loose. 

White couldn’t win on the road.  Guess where all the playoff games will be played?  Who says we even make them with White?  He has a losing record.
I can wait one more year for the real guy to show up. 

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt
Mike White said he talked to 10 different doctors trying to get cleared and none of them would. Called it “frustrating.” Said he’s only feeling “general soreness.” Doctors are just worried about contact

With fractured rib(s), makes sense 10 doctors wouldn’t clear him to play. The ribs take at least 6 weeks to get back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

Lol the JETS (not the QB) lost to two 10-win teams on the road and you’ve reached your grand conclusion on the guy’s whole career. This is the hard-hitting analysis I come here for. Not to mention the QB in question had a litany of elite-level throws. He struggled in the RZ because it was his 5th and 6th career starts. People gotta be smarter. Cmon now. 

Every team in the playoffs will be the ten win kind.  
I’ll wait for the real guy while hoping he’s the one starting this week.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Two possibilities:

1) The Jets are incompetent (historically validated response)

2) The Jets have suspected this all week and Zach has secretly been talking a good portion of the reps, but they decided to mess with Detroit's coaching staff. 

You ain’t ready for Zach, Detroit!!!  He added a pirouette to the spinny circles he runs in with his back to the D!  You ain’t ready for this heat!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He doesn’t need to be a hero, he just needs to show he understands what is required of him.  Get the ball to the playmakers, follow the script.  

You know there is still part of me that thinks that this is the exact WRONG way to handle Zach. That is what you want from Mike White. You want Zach to be a playmaker and use his natural elite skills and athleticism to really stress the opposing defense and score points. You WANT Zach to sling it around the field. I think the coaching staff has essentially brow beat him about making mistakes that he became broken and afraid to take any risk. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So the Jets doctors cleared him on Sunday to go back in the game but not Monday. Okay.

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Mike White said it didn’t come up initially on the X-Ray but his ribs are fractured. They’ll get scans next week and then “go from there”. Knows it will be more challenging to come back on a short week.