Zach starting Sunday (merged)

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Why a jets fan would want him to be the face of this franchise is more ludacris. He's a non accountability taking spoiled brat, born with a silver spoon up his azz, not to mention maybe the WORST QB in Jet history. 

You have no idea what he's like - nor do I. There is zero account that his teammates don't like Zach - they just didn't like his play. It clearly makes you happy to bash him. He had one ill fated setup question by a reporter he doesn't like when he was pissed and later apologized to the team for it. I prefer to cheer him and hope he helps the team win, which he has done against all the tough defenses. The easiest pass defenses we've played were Chicago and Minnesota where he would have had his best games - not a leap there, just common sense projection. All the other defenses he played against were top 10 in the league. Minnesota was 28th against the pass and Chicago I believe was 32nd. That's the major difference. And oh yeah, he only lost to the Pats - that's it. Calling out someone personally that you don't know in the least bit is beyond ludicrous. Wanting the #2 overall pick to be successful for your favorite team is as normal as it gets.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Biggs said:

As a fan watching the game Sunday I wanted MW to come back into the game.   I thought it was amazingly stupid they put him back in.   I was really shocked by the idea that he would play this week.  It was obvious how much pain he was in and he couldn't protect himself.  

The "subjective" space is a big problem in a game where players are dying young, have major brain damage and depression and can't walk up a flight of stairs in their 40's.  

I grew up in the old game.  Love it but we know things now we didn't know and the NFL makes a big deal about pretending to protect the players.  Throwing him back out was a bad look for the team.   Mincing words like cleared for practice and cleared for contact was another bad look.   

Mike White is more than an assett to the team.  He's a young man with a family.

I get all this.  The last thing I'd want to see is Mike White debilitated or worse.

But my personal opinion is, provided MW has been given complete and accurate medical info and it's not a life-threatening situation, it should be up to Mike White to decide whether he wants to play.  He's an adult.

In football, there is obvious risk of serious injury for any player any time regardless.

11 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

You have no idea what he's like - nor do I. There is zero account that his teammates don't like Zach - they just didn't like his play. It clearly makes you happy to bash him. He had one ill fated setup question by a reporter he doesn't like when he was pissed and later apologized to the team for it. I prefer to cheer him and hope he helps the team win, which he has done against all the tough defenses. The easiest pass defenses we've played were Chicago and Minnesota where he would have had his best games - not a leap there, just common sense projection. All the other defenses he played against were top 10 in the league. Minnesota was 28th against the pass and Chicago I believe was 32nd. That's the major difference. And oh yeah, he only lost to the Pats - that's it. Calling out someone personally that you don't know in the least bit is beyond ludicrous. Wanting the #2 overall pick to be successful for your favorite team is as normal as it gets.

Stop it. 
You’re making too much sense.

14 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Exactly.  The whole the “Team hates Wilson” narrative is just nonsense.  Look I think we all agree that his press conference after the Pats game wasn’t good but I think even that the media(as they always do) twisted that to make the kid look worse.  Plus Wilson did apologize to the whole team and the players said they gained a lot of respect for him and it’s all good.  Bottom Line is that If Zach wants to have a future here he needs to play well starting against Detroit.  It just seems like some want the kid to be bad so we can be done with him which seems stupid since I thought the goal was to make the playoffs no matter who the QB is

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Your giving up on the season at 7-6, with 4 winnable games? Also, White sunk us further down the not making the playoffs by going 1-2, it’s not like he went 3-0.

Yeah, because White was the driving force behind that 1-2 record.  Solid take!

Zach Wilson almost single-handedly lost both Patriots games for this team.  If he plays poorly (likely) and fails to at least earn a split against Detroit/Jacksonville, us missing the playoffs falls on his lap, not White's.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, because White was the driving force behind that 1-2 record.  Solid take!

Zach Wilson almost single-handedly lost both Patriots games for this team.  He fails to at least earn a split against Detroit/Jacksonville, us missing the playoffs falls on his lap, not White's.  

Absolutely. Wilson needs to step up.  However it’s not about White vs Wilson.  We should support and root for BOTH players to succeed

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re the same guy that argued everyone should be accountable, right?

Our team is over-rated. We lost the last 2 weeks. Not because of MW, but because we’re not as good as some here seem to think.

Or at the very least, injuries have robbed us of being as good as we thought.  AVT and Breece were the offensive MVP's of this team until they got hurt.  Thus, we needed Mike White to be that guy when he took over.

The drop-off we've seen on D is a bit harder to have imagined, however.  

• Upvote 1

i was at work on my lunch break. 4 hours to go for the weekend. 4 hours to go before my  staycation. im off till after Christmas. nothing can ruin my day. then i saw this. made the last 4 hours miserable.

we are so screwed.

if there is a bright side to this , this should finish the Zach debate for good. he will get the Jax game too. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, cat999 said:

Why?  What good does that do for this franchise?

I'm sure others feel the same but won't admit it......

It’s puts to bed any chance of him starting once white gets healthy….. and hopefully any chance of the jets keeping Wilson for next year and letting White walk to another team. Long term move. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i was at work on my lunch break. 4 hours to go for the weekend. 4 hours to go before my  staycation. im off till after Christmas. nothing can ruin my day. then i saw this. made the last 4 hours miserable.

we are so screwed.

if there is a bright side to this , this should finish the Zach debate for good. he will get the Jax game too. 

Well what if he you know does well and we win

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the “conspiracy theory” being presented here: the Jets have a lot invested in Zach Wilson and they want to see him succeed. Mike White has a rib injury that makes him questionable to play. The Jets are using this opportunity to re-insert Zach Wilson back into the lineup despite *literally no one whose name doesn’t appear on Zach Wilson’s paycheck* wanting him to play. It’s not some wild-eyed conspiracy to assert that the Jets organization is putting their finger on the scale here. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise. Of course you’d want to milk some ROI out of your #2 overall draft pick to whom you paid out $30 million dollars. 

Exactly.  This isn't a JetBlue cabal scenario people are spouting (at least, not a LOT of people are suggesting that). 

Anyone who wants to call Tom's take above a "conspiracy theory" with no legs has yet to provide a good reason why White was buried below Flacco on the depth chart for 1.5 years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or at the very least, injuries have robbed us of being as good as we thought.  AVT and Breece were the offensive MVP's of this team until they got hurt.  Thus, we needed Mike White to be that guy when he took over.

The drop-off we've seen on D is a bit harder to have imagined, however.  

Eh, the defense has been fine the last two weeks if that's what you're referring to. Against two top 10 win teams and one SB contender, the defense performed well. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The whole the “Team hates Wilson” narrative is just nonsense.

the last pats game i saw GW, Moore and Brown throw up there hands in discuss after bad plays by Zach. god knows how many others did that the cameras didnt catch. you dont do that after one bad game, you do that after you have been frustrated with a players play for weeks. 

lets see how many times it happens this week after he air mails screen passes.

• Upvote 2

Just now, doitny said:

the last pats game i saw GW, Moore and Brown throw up there hands in discuss after bad plays by Zach. god knows how many others did that the cameras didnt catch. you dont do that after one bad game, you do that after you have been frustrated with a players play for weeks. 

miss cleo infomercial GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Barton said:

Not gonna lie. A part of me wants Zach to do terribly. 

At least this stupid franchise and the 30 % of the fanbase who still thinks he's good will finally have their answer.  Maybe.

Him having a "meh" game in a loss would be the worst-case scenario.  He needs to either ball the f**k out or fall flat on his face.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

@jgb There are no Jets fans wanting ZW to fail. Nah. ?

There definitely are there is no denying that.  However there are also some that we’re rooting for White to fail.  I just don’t understand it.  There is nothing wrong with critiques but actively rooting for the failure of either guy when we’re in the playoff hunt in not only agenda driven but just downright stupid 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

That's frustration my friend. Not hate.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if all the lakes, rivers and oceans suddenly turn to chocolate?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if all the lakes, rivers and oceans suddenly turn to chocolate?

To be fair weren’t you pretty happy with him after the Buffalo game?  I understand the Pats game was a disaster but who knows maybe after a few weeks watching it helped.  I just dont get the venom the kid is getting.  Like I said all along I dont know the future of the kid but I damn sure am goi g to root for his success as long as he is the starter because that means we as a team have success which is kind of the point.  

• Upvote 1

im gonna double down on it…. I really hope Zach Wilson has the worst stretch of games of his career while he starts the next few games. Why? Because I don’t want him setting this franchise back by being on the roster next year. He needs to effing go. Jets have a window the next 3-5 years but it will never happen with Zach. Mike white or someone else even better for next year and beyond. Period. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1