Zach starting Sunday (merged)

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well what if he you know does well and we win

then were even more screwed cause that gives hope that he is the guy.

i have been saying this for a while, nobody turns it around after being this bad for 2 years except Josh Allen. even if you went back farther in history and found one other guy or even two thats nothing compared to the tons of guys who were this bad and busted. the odds that he will be one of those unicorns are heavily against him.

a good game or 2 will just give him more time and prolong the inevitable. i will take the odds and say he isnt a FQB

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

then were even more screwed cause that gives hope that he is the guy.

i have been saying this for a while, nobody turns it around after being this bad for 2 years except Josh Allen. even if you went back farther in history and found one other guy or even two thats nothing compared to the tons of guys who were this bad and busted. the odds that he will be one of those unicorns are heavily against him.

a good game or 2 will just give him more time and prolong the inevitable. i will take the odds and say he isnt a FQB

So are you rooting him to fail Sunday?  I want to win no matter who the QB is.  No agenda no favorites I just root for the team on the field to succeed 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was.  Even in a game where he only threw for 158 yards.

But then what happened?

Well I said what happened next he was awful.  But like my grandfather would always say New Day New Slate.  He has an opportunity again and it’s up to him to grab itb

37 minutes ago, Barton said:

im gonna double down on it…. I really hope Zach Wilson has the worst stretch of games of his career while he starts the next few games. Why? Because I don’t want him setting this franchise back by being on the roster next year. He needs to effing go. Jets have a window the next 3-5 years but it will never happen with Zach. Mike white or someone else even better for next year and beyond. Period. 

hate to break it to you Barton, Wilson isn't going anywhere next year, even if he plays like Zach Wilson. he might not play next year, but he will be on the roster

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach went through a murder's row of tough defenses...

LOL

Steelers, Dolphins and Packers, too?

Against good defenses (DEN, BUF, NE) he is 2-2

on the other side of the field, the Jet D/ST gave up 10 pts to GB, 9 to DEN, and 10 to NE, yet Kapono only went 2-1 in those games 

Any idea how hard it is to lose a game when the team gives up 10 points or less?

Check the scores across the NFL this season

I think the only other team to lose when they gave up 10 pts or fewer this season is the pathetic Broncos losing 10-9 to the Ravens

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Once again, no answer, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Cooper Rush: 5-1, 85.3 QB Rating, 1,475, 8TD/4 picks, 59.2 completion percentage

Mike White: 2-4, 1,905, 8 TD’s/10 picks, 64.4 completion percentage

Same amount of starts, give me the winning QB

What are you having a hard time understanding? The very nature of you diverting to that question after flailing and bumbling your initial argument is considered a dishonest debate tactic.

You lost the initial series of arguments. Badly.

So, you are digging your heels into a fringe argument. If I answer, and subsequently prove you wrong, you’ll just do it again. Until 3 weeks ago, I had no idea who you were. Now, I’m fascinated by trying to discern if you’re doing this maliciously or if it’s just you crashing into the ceiling of your intellect level.

So, no amount of “you didn’t answer my question” is going to reset the optics on this. I won’t indulge dishonest debate. I will troll the **** out of it though.

What are you having a hard time understanding? The very nature of you diverting to that question after flailing and bumbling your initial argument is considered a dishonest debate tactic.
You lost the initial series of arguments. Badly.
So, you are digging your heels into a fringe argument. If I answer, and subsequently prove you wrong, you’ll just do it again. Until 3 weeks ago, I had no idea who you were. Now, I’m fascinated by trying to discern if you’re doing this maliciously or if it’s just you crashing into the ceiling of your intellect level.
So, no amount of “you didn’t answer my question” is going to reset the optics on this. I won’t indulge dishonest debate. I will troll the **** out of it though.

Haha, once again, you don’t respond to any points. I could care less if you think you won an argument (which you didnt) this is a Jets fan site where fans give their opinions and thoughts as to situations they choose to. Not a malicious person by any stretch of the imagination. But if your going to post your opinions, then posters like myself and others have the right to disagree, agree or make any other points. Unlike you and others, I refuse to name call and put people down, rather have a healthy discourse conversation. You on the other hand, deflect and warrant your opinions as factual. It’s called acting like an adult

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Yup. The absolute worst case scenario, minus the win. Except it’s an NFC team so it’s less  impactful.

Then we get Zach vs Trevor and we all know how that will go. Fate sealed.

While I'm obviously rooting for a win,  at least with a loss and a mediocre Zach performance there's a shot they go back to White. I'd be shocked if the light suddenly came on for this kid, but maybe he at least woke up a bit.. 

5 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

While I'm obviously rooting for a win,  at least with a loss and a mediocre Zach performance there's a shot they go back to White. I'd be shocked if the light suddenly came on for this kid, but maybe he at least woke up a bit.. 

I’m not really expecting anything different than what we’ve seen. Unless he just wasn’t working hard enough, there was nothing that could be done in a mere 3 weeks to fix him.

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach went through a murder's row of tough defenses.....and he did what he needed to win most games.  But couldn't get past the best defensive mind is football history - who is notorious for giving young QB's a  hard time.

Detroit is a porous defense - Zach should perform well.  If he doesn't - he should be done.

If he has anything he produces Sunday.

Agreed. There isn’t a better defense for Zach to face. 

Last time he started when his job was in question he blew the football world away. It’s a long shot, but here’s to hoping he’s got it turned around. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The scales have always been tilted against Mike White. He was always working uphill. This is why Berrios’ drop against Minnesota was cataclysmic, because it left enough oxygen in the room for Wilson to weasel his way back in. And, behold, he has weaseled. 

I remember when you first said that, right after the Viking game. The reason why I do is my reaction upon reading it was “well, he said it, now I don’t have to,” and I gave you a potw instead.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Agreed. There isn’t a better defense for Zach to face. 

Last time he started when his job was in question he blew the football world away. It’s a long shot, but here’s to hoping he’s got it turned around. 

I’m genuinely trying to figure out what game you’re referring to?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyways, the wife and I are celebrating 5 years since we got engaged (got married in ‘19).  It was gonna be a tough venture to be able to watch this one regardless.

This news make that reality easier.  

Who celebrates the anniversary of their engagement? 
men like you make the rest of us look bad.

• Haha 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/tony-romo-played-through-broken-rib-punctured-lung/

"Tony Romo’s late-game heroics in San Francisco Sunday came while he was playing in serious pain.

Romo reportedly suffered both a fractured rib and a punctured lung against the 49ers.

Although Romo left the game for most of the third quarter, he returned and played brilliantly in the fourth quarter and overtime as the Cowboys went from down 24-14 to winning 27-24.

The injury apparently came in the third play of the game, when 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks hit Romo. But Romo managed to play through the rest of the first half before eventually getting a painkilling injection and sitting out the third quarter while waiting for it to take effect.

Romo finished the game completing 20 of 33 passes for 345 yards and two touchdowns.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he expects Romo to play next Monday night against the Redskins."

And Romo did play the following week with a fractured rib and a punctured lung. This idea that White couldn't get clearance to play is absurd. It's a great cover story for everyone involved. 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Haha, once again, you don’t respond to any points. I could care less if you think you won an argument (which you didnt) this is a Jets fan site where fans give their opinions and thoughts as to situations they choose to. Not a malicious person by any stretch of the imagination. But if your going to post your opinions, then posters like myself and others have the right to disagree, agree or make any other points. Unlike you and others, I refuse to name call and put people down, rather have a healthy discourse conversation. You on the other hand, deflect and warrant your opinions as factual. It’s called acting like an adult

But you sure are talented in the let me try to make YOU look bad game-pretending not to be malicious while being a jerk  so above it all with this superior intellect that you think you possess 

But you sure are talented in the let me try to make YOU look bad game-pretending not to be malicious while being a jerk  so above it all with this superior intellect that you think you possess 

Here’s the bottom line, as a poster on this site, if you make a statement and can’t defend it, then what’s the point of making it. To answer people as you and your buddy do by name calling simply because we disagree with your point is childish and purely immature! Also, you and your friend love Mike White as a player, fine, but other posters and myself are allowed to disagree through making points and using evidence. From my understanding, this is the point of a fan site to make points and sometimes there’s disagreement. Not all posters agree on every post made and no one is above others when points are made.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re the same guy that argued everyone should be accountable, right?

Our team is over-rated. We lost the last 2 weeks. Not because of MW, but because we’re not as good as some here seem to think.

It's a team of babies.  This year they're learning to crawl.  Next year we walk over the world. 

It's a team of babies.  This year they're learning to crawl.  Next year we walk over the world. 

Valid point, let’s face facts, Douglas is GM of the year, he hit a double grand slam in the draft and UDFA. They have a bunch of ROTW, including Bam who was undrafted. The biggest question for the off-season: QB(s), as the Giants, which direction will they go in? It’s going to be a fun off-season. Also, there gonna make some cuts, some more questionable than others, but there’s a window with this team to win over the next few years. QB play is monumental and next year we have the AFC west which is not east and NFC east.

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Posts like these seem agenda driven.  We should root for both players since they are both Jets and at the end of the day the goal is to root to win.  It’s not about White vs Wilson nonsense. White had done a very good job and it’s sucks he got hurt but it’s next man up.  You’ve made up your mind about Wilson and that’s fine but they’re not going to just throw the kid away in the trash less than two years after picking him with the 2nd pick.  Doesn’t mean he is the future but maybe for the time being you might you know…try and root for the kid

I love when you tell other fans how to fan properly.

• Haha 1