Zach starting Sunday (merged)

Obviously we know the Pats games were bad.  But the week prior to second Pats game he had a very solid game against the Bills which nobody thought we would win.  He didn’t have the flashy stats but he played  well.  Funny enough it was the most positive I’ve seen fans of him right after that game.  So the kid had the talent and ability.  I think we can agree that it’s the mental part of the game he needs the most work on.  Personally I think these past few weeks have helped with him just being able to watch and study film.  We shall see 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I don’t know how they determine these things, but the Post is using Ceasar’s. From the article:

D4E9A179-F710-4713-B408-E16BAF7ECA44.png

Yeah,  unfortunately the post shockingly makes up crap to fit an agenda. The Jets line for the days leading up was bouncing around from jets -1 to +1. Vegas, for whatever it's worth doesn't think much of the change at Qb.

Screenshot_20221217_084710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221217_084531_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was listening to the Kay show on the way home yesterday and they were saying how they think we should take it slow with Zach on Sunday. how we shouldnt open up the whole playbook for Zach. 

if they do that i will lose my F@#$^ing mind. every time this kid gets hurt or has a reset we got to go back to this baby steps crap. then they have to have a "come to jesus moment " and realize this kid is a bust. 

They need to open the playbook because everyone knows what they will do before they fall behind.  Stop calling games with one hand tied behind your back MLF.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was listening to the Kay show on the way home yesterday and they were saying how they think we should take it slow with Zach on Sunday. how we shouldnt open up the whole playbook for Zach. 

if they do that i will lose my F@#$^ing mind. every time this kid gets hurt or has a reset we got to go back to this baby steps crap. then they have to have a "come to jesus moment " and realize this kid is a bust. 

It could be a rough six days for Zach Wilson around these parts. Fans are pissed about losing White, then he has to face an ascending Trevor Lawrence on a national broadcast—at home—next week. The boos could be legendary.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It could be a rough six days for Zach Wilson around these parts. Fans are pissed about losing White, then he has to face an ascending Trevor Lawrence on a national broadcast—at home—next week. The boos could be legendary.

this was one of my first thoughts upon hearing the news yesterday. It's not fair but if Zach hasn't magically learned to play quarterback in the last three weeks, he's in for a really rough homestand. Fans desperately want the playoffs and have had their folk hero taken away from them. 

What must come out if the remaining starts personally for Wilson is if he is a factor for next year.

no well maybe, he either ca contend for a spot or he is not in the plans.

by the way has any teammate come out since the announcement yesterday and supported him?

not a social media guy so I don’t know about it unless it is posted here

Flacco looked like sh-t in Buffalo 

But it might be a slight overreaction based on 3 snaps

This is basically a playoff game vs the Lions, their teammate MW has broken ribs, while Kapono looks downright giddy answering questions from the beat saying he’s good 3 weeks after a complete debacle 

The Jets are now underdogs 

Vegas and the public likes the Lions now 

The Jets OL is beat up and struggling 

1JD and fans want to “know” if Wilson is the real deal.  Here is their chance.

Let’s see the #2 pick win the last 4 and “lead” this team to the playoffs 

17 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

this was one of my first thoughts upon hearing the news yesterday. It's not fair but if Zach hasn't magically learned to play quarterback in the last three weeks, he's in for a really rough homestand. Fans desperately want the playoffs and have had their folk hero taken away from them. 

Yep. First bad pass and the ceiling is going to fall in on him

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But you hope it isn’t, right ?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Got my prayer beads and everything

The only hope this franchise has in the near future is Zach with his head on straight. Might be a good idea to support him. He apologized for his mistake.  He went to time out and didn’t complain. 

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Saleh and Douglas appreciate the magnitude of this situation… 

They’re entrusting their playoff hopes to a kid who 3 weeks ago was regarded as anathema in the locker room and a joke outside of it, mainly because they’re terrified of the season ending with an embarrassing ZW narrative.

This opportunity was too good to pass up for them.

It set up as a perfect storm where their “full intent” to get Wilson back on the field coincides with a medical pretext to push White to the side, a 2-game losing streak (if they win, Kapono gets hailed as “getting the team back on track”), and a league-worst defensive team that plays much better at home than on the road.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Via The Athletic:

Saleh called White the “ultimate warrior” for how hard he was working to get cleared for Sunday. The Jets coach said the team could’ve taken it up until game time Sunday but instead opted to name Wilson the starter Friday to protect White “from himself.” The Jets have a quick turnaround to their next game on Dec. 22 against the Jaguars (a Thursday night game) so it will be difficult to get White cleared in time for that game, too.

White is scheduled for scans on Monday.

“It’s the bone so there’s only so much we can do,” White said.

He called the injury a fracture. He’s not feeling anything but “general soreness,” but doctors felt there was too big of a risk to expose his ribs to contact.

“There are a couple in a row (fractured) that makes that area a little vulnerable,” said White, who then explained that this rib injury is different than ones other quarterbacks have played through (like Justin Herbert earlier this season) because White’s injury involves the bone, whereas those QBs typically were dealing with bruised cartilage around the ribs.

For that injury, it’s “just general pain management,” White said. “This is different because it’s bone, so you can’t do much about that …

“It’s just going to depend on how my bones heal,” he added. “So I’m going to get a scan (on Monday), hopefully they’re good enough to go and if it was just about pain management, I’m going to play. Unfortunately, it’s not. Physically, I feel like I can play. Internally, my bones say otherwise.”

Thanks for posting. If true can this please put an end to the conspiracy theory.  At least unless MW is part of the conspiracy against himself. 

Just now, Larz said:

The only hope this franchise has in the near future is Zach with his head on straight. Might be a good idea to support him. He apologized for his mistake.  He went to time out and didn’t complain. 

This!!! People gotta move on.  We all agree that press conference didn’t go well.  However I do think the media as they always do twisted it to make the kid look worse and ran with it.  He misspoke but I dint think he meant he was above the team or the defense.  Like you said he apologized and the players appreciated it and it was squashed.  He didn’t complain the past few weeks and supported White.  Now he gets a new opportunity and it’s up to him to take advantage of it.  Obviously some around here don’t ever want to see him again but the fact is the Jets aren’t just going to throw away a kid they took 2nd overall in the trash a year and half ago UNLESS he looks absolutely his awful and hasn’t fixed anything.  But like you said as Jet fans I would think the normal thing would be to root for his success which mean the team succeeds and hard to the playoffs which is the main goal 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Taking input from the Kay show. What could go wrong there ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Axiomatic garbage 

If they sign a Carr, or draft a QB on day 2 who can execute at a Brock Purdy level, Kapono will be as much of an afterthought as Sam Darnold 

As far as his attitude, who cares at this point but (since you brought it up) you can see in the video he was actually laughing when asked about starting again, forgetting that it’s in the context of his teammate having suffered broken ribs 

Any kind of vet QB knows you should at least express some kind of empathy for White and his situation, even if you don’t actually mean it 

He might play well against the Lions, but he’s not a leader and never will be

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Axiomatic garbage 

If they sign a Carr, or draft a QB on day 2 who can execute at a Brock Purdy level, Kapono will be as much of an afterthought as Sam Darnold 

As far as his attitude, who cares at this point but (since you brought  it up) you can see in the video he was actually laughing when asked about starting again, forgetting that it’s in the context of his teammate having suffered broken ribs 

Any kind of vet QB knows you should at least express some kind of empathy for White and his situation, even if you don’t actually mean it 

He might play well against the Lions, but he’s not a leader and never will be

I think we all feel awful for White.  Nobody want to see anyone get hurt no matter the circumstances.  However your last sentence is just silly.  It’s beyond football related and more personal and agenda driven 

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Thanks for posting. If true can this please put an end to the conspiracy theory.  At least unless MW is part of the conspiracy against himself. 

Exactly.  Why can’t some just accept that White is hurt.  I give White a ton of credit he came back in the game with fractured ribs which takes a lot of balls.  I don’t want the guy to potentially get hurt even worse and want him healed in case he does come back 

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think we all feel awful for White.  Nobody want to see anyone get hurt no matter the circumstances.  However your last sentence is just silly.  It’s beyond football related and more personal and agenda driven 

I don’t doubt that you do

As far as the Jets though, it’s not that hard to spot leadership traits in those who have them

Or the lack thereof

For example, Saleh is more of a leader than Adam Gase

I mean, it’s obvious from listening to the guys in the locker room, how they talk about White

it’s their own words, not mine

In your estimation, my “personal agenda” is what drives Garrett Wilson’s answers to the media?  ?

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t doubt that you do

As far as the Jets though, it’s not that hard to spot leadership traits in those who have them

Or the lack thereof

For example, Saleh is more of a leader than Adam Gase

I mean, it’s obvious from listening to the guys in the locker room, how they talk about White

it’s their own words, not mine

”my agenda” is influencing what Garrett Wilson says to the media?  ?

Like I mentioned  Before it’s not a popularity contest.  Wilson is obviously and young players figuring it out.  I think some are still holding that press conference against him which I think got twisted anyway.  Wilson did apologize to everyone and they came out and said they gained a a lot respect for him “their words not mine”.  If Wilson plays well and we win he is playing no ifs ands or buts about it. If he fails then that’s that and we get our final answer on him.  I mean I love Garrett Wilson but he doesn’t run the goddamn team 

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t think Saleh and Douglas appreciate the magnitude of this situation… 

They’re entrusting their playoff hopes to a kid who 3 weeks ago was regarded as anathema in the locker room and a joke outside of it, mainly because they’re terrified of the season ending with an embarrassing ZW narrative.

This opportunity was too good to pass up for them.

It set up as a perfect storm where their “full intent” to get Wilson back on the field coincides with a medical pretext to push White to the side, a 2-game losing streak (if they win, Kapono gets hailed as “getting the team back on track”), and a league-worst defensive team that plays much better at home than on the road.

It’d really be a Jets Thing to lose out with Zach Wilson starting, finish sub-.500, and go into an off-season with no QB and no realistic means of finding one. Lots of pressure on the Jets these four games and lots of pressure on Zach Wilson. Today a peacock, tomorrow a feather duster. 

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is that what you think will fix Zach Wilson and mend the fences in the locker room? An apology and not crying to the press when he got demoted to #3?