Zach starting Sunday (merged)

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OH YOU DON’T SAY INCARCERATED ROBERT

Choice has nothing to do with Woody.  I want to be still be mad and lose my sh*t like yesterday, but White is actually pretty dang hurt is what I was told.  I’m not sure we see him again this season under any circumstance.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Choice has nothing to do with Woody.  I want to be still be mad and lose my sh*t like yesterday, but White is actually pretty dang hurt is what I was told.  I’m not sure we see him again this season under any circumstance.

Inform your source that Mike White doesn’t acknowledge pain. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Inform your source that Mike White doesn’t acknowledge pain. 

Lol, he wants to be out there more than anything.  Well…almost anything.  One bad hit and he’s going to the hospital, ala Bledsoe.  It’s pretty bad and he wants to be alive to watch his kids grow up.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s not as fun as the Jets being dumb and doing all the wrong things. 

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

And Zach’s 9 TDs (and zero 3 TD performance) in his previous 16 games were against…. 

So why does every post against MW lead to a bash on ZW. Aren't we allowed to troll MW like the majority here do to ZW. The trolling  sounds petty and absurd right . 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t know if it’s a disaster yet or blame the org for Zach’s bad play. It’s on him to learn and play well. But starting a rookie Qb from day one with no real Qb competition hasn’t worked in the past with Mark, Darnold etc. and hasn’t worked so far with Zach. Next year if White and Zach still around just pick the better player. 

Well this is his last shot 

9 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Obviously we know the Pats games were bad.  But the week prior to second Pats game he had a very solid game against the Bills which nobody thought we would win.  He didn’t have the flashy stats but he played  well.  Funny enough it was the most positive I’ve seen fans of him right after that game.  

Our running attack was off the chain in the 4th quarter. Josh Allen played very poorly in that game. So here's hoping Goff has a bad game.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, jgb said:

Remember when people downplayed MW’s performance against Chicago because “not a real NFL defense?”

Chicago: #11 in passing yards allowed per game

Detroit: #29

Hmmmm. I didn't know that. Very interesting. It will be a nice topic of conversation tomorrow in between all the booing.

53 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So why does every post against MW lead to a bash on ZW. Aren't we allowed to troll MW like the majority here do to ZW. The trolling  sounds petty and absurd right . 

I have never trolled Zach. I have always stated I don’t need to like the QB of the team I root for, it would be nice, but I don’t need to. I just need them to be good at football. Zach is not. Has not shown any capability of ever becoming so. Mike white has. If the chance to get someone younger and better than White, I will all but trade Mike White myself.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Schaub was in the league for 16 years and made two Pro Bowls. I would bet a shiny nickel that Zach Wilson doesn’t last six years in the league.

Zach definitely has boom or bust potential if he flamed out here he’d get another shot. It’s ironic if he tried to do the starter thing like Rosen and flames out again he would be done but if he backs up for a stable team with a quality coach I could see him playing longer than that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Zach definitely has boom or bust potential if he flamed out here he’d get another shot. It’s ironic if he tried to do the starter thing like Rosen and flames out again he would be done but if he backs up for a stable team with a quality coach I could see him playing longer than that.

I saw Payton talking about Zach the other day saying something like he could see him getting better or something along those lines

Made me thinks Saleh better watch his 6 because Woody may back up the Brinks truck to Payton house....more young talent Jets keep accum like Sauce, Breece, etc.. more likely rug may come out from under Saleh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Well this is his last shot 

Unless it’s a repeat of the NEP game and I doubt that the Detroit defense and scheme isn’t as complex I don’t believe an off game (again) is the final straw for the org. Although that isn’t to say that JD wouldn’t try to deal Zach. They’d hope to keep as much value possible. If they do it would make the second top draft pick in recent years the org gave up on. They actually traded up to get Darnold. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get all that.  And yes, the prefrontal cortex (decision-making center) isn’t developed in humans until about the age of 25.

But you don’t draft a “late bloomer” with the # 2 overall pick.  And you also don’t make constant excuses about his age when he sucks at the profession he’s getting paid $30M to play.  

Perhaps that’s unfair, but no one is promised fairness in this life.  

Why not?  You are where you are and that's where you are.  Worked out for many eg. Brett Farve. Life is unfair. I am proof of that. Zach is like Liam Neeson. He has a special set of skills. They just need to be refined, developed, cultured. It would do him well to serve dinner to the homeless at the Salvation Army and do community service stuff like that.  He can see how fortunate he is and how hard it is for others.  He has a lot of growing up to do, fairly evident.  But they already stuck their hand in the cookie jar so they will have to deal with the consequences - shock some sense into his privileged azz or have a bake sale .   

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmm I have always found you to be one of the most erudite posters on JN, who never fails to impress, and now I can see why!!!! :) 

Let's Go Jets!!!

Uhhh whats erudite mean? I would confer to @T0mShane our JN Oxford scholar but he's got a big ego as it is. I'll just look it up. And I'll take this as a compliment, regardless ?

• Haha 2

On 12/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, jgb said:

Remember when people downplayed MW’s performance against Chicago because “not a real NFL defense?”

Chicago: #11 in passing yards allowed per game

Detroit: #29

Chicago is also #1 in passing attempts allowed with 356 attempts allowed (compared to Detroit's 455 pass attempts allowed), because their run defense is so crappy teams don't pass as much. In fact, their Net yards per attempt allowed is ranked #31, which is worst than Detroit.

Mike White put up an impressive game but the Chicago defense really does suck.

• Upvote 1