Zach starting Sunday (merged)

He should not play if he does indeed have broken ribs.

I will say this however, after the Tua thing earlier this year teams and doctors are going to be more cautious than they have ever been before on this kind of thing.

At least the team has a built in excuse if they lose the game now so that is good for them I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

They took x rays during and after the game and they took a CT scan so how in the **** is he practicing with 4 broken ribs ? This medical staff is a hot fuicking mess

Because I’m sure there’s more to this and it’s unlikely his ribs are broken. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

omg, the worst part of this whole thing is if this is all a clever ruse to get Zach back out there, that means by good dear friend @football guy was right?  

Hang Myself No Way GIF

Who knows with Woody. White wasn’t putting points on the board and you hold your breath every time he gets hit. It’s the Jets- nothing ever makes sense.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Cleared to return in-game but not cleared for contact 4 days later? 

Can’t say Saleh is lying

But get Mw a flak jacket

This is clearly also 1JD seizing this opportunity vs a trashy Lions D to give Kapono a layup and rehab the image of their #2 pick 

stop GIF

• Haha 1

Tough break for White and unfortunately/unfairly it will put a spotlight on
his durability.  For the second year he gets the spot and within 3 games he
gets hurt and has to sit.  Fascinating to see if Wilson has improved, if he
hasn't its going to be tough to beat DET or anyone for that matter  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They need to activate Streveler and have Zach on a short leash.  Sorry but now is not the time to have him try to play through this.  If he has the yips on the 1st few drives, yank him and insert Streveler.

No excuses!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt they can. That means they carry 4 QBs? they had to cut will parks just to make room. They would have to flat out release Flacco.

1 minute ago, genot said:

Why in he'll would they allow White to practice, get in front of the news media, stating he felt good and will be out there on Sunday. They didn't know that this was a possibility. Team doctors would have evaluated him before the 1st pass he threw in those 11 on 11's. This smells really bad. Really bad.

Two possibilities:

1) The Jets are incompetent (historically validated response)

2) The Jets have suspected this all week and Zach has secretly been talking a good portion of the reps, but they decided to mess with Detroit's coaching staff. 

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol absolute worst case scenario

Come on.  We're the Jets.  We're used to worse case scenarios.

Zack was humbled for two weeks (and rightfully so) while watching MFW show him how to play the position.  I'm pumped :)   

Now if they would just have the nuts to make Strev the backup instead of Flacco all would be right with the world.  Go Jets! 

• Upvote 1