Let's try and be positive ...

English Jet

1 minute ago, English Jet said:

I'm not saying he is good or bad (Jury is still out for me) . I just don't understand the mind set of booing your own player 

I personally would not boo Jets players if I were at the game but it's not hard to understand why a fan base who has been watching a garbage product for a decade would boo a guy who plays like garbage. People want a winner, that's all. Is that too much to ask?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

At least this will keep Mike White's competition and price lower for when we need to resign him. Sucks this may mean throwing away the rest of this season though.

Problem is, can we plan on Mike White being the starter next year? I am seriously doubting that considering the guy gets injured almost every time he plays. 

Zach Wilson can change things by playing well to close out the season, but assuming he's the same guy he has been I think we have to move on.

That means we need to draft someone to develop, and bring in a competent starter since we're a team that should be competing for championships starting in 2023. Can you rely on Mike White to be the starter? As of right now, I don't think you can, unfortunately. Will his price tag be low enough to sign as a backup? I don't think so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

I’m gonna go even more negative LOL.

So … the funny thing is the most irreplaceable piece of the team is 50/50 to even play (I’m leaning toward NO w/the Jets’ shoddy medical staff) and no one is even talking about it.

If Quinnen Williams does not play this game, it’s not going to be pretty no matter who the QB is. Bills went to work once he went down. He’s far more important to this team than ZW or MW.

This is a ******* nightmare. 

Detroit's OL will bully us all game if Q is out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, English Jet said:

This may not go down well but here goes..........

So Zach is starting sunday, this is how i see the difference between US fans and English fans. I don't understand why people would boo a young Jet's player. When he takes the field Sunday, I'm assuming he will be booed by some. Maybe not straight away but if we go 3 and 10 on the 1st drive he will, Why?!? What good would that do to the team.

Over here we wouldn't boo our own, we make it horrible for the visiting players. Intimate the opposition, make them feel uncomfortable.

It's hard for me to understand why you put more pressure on our own player! 

Because Jets fans love to feast on our own.  When you are down a Jets fan won't pick you up, they will step on your throat.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Problem is, can we plan on Mike White being the starter next year? I am seriously doubting that considering the guy gets injured almost every time he plays. 

Zach Wilson can change things by playing well to close out the season, but assuming he's the same guy he has been I think we have to move on.

That means we need to draft someone to develop, and bring in a competent starter since we're a team that should be competing for championships starting in 2023. Can you rely on Mike White to be the starter? As of right now, I don't think you can, unfortunately. Will his price tag be low enough to sign as a backup? I don't think so.

I look at Mike White as "discount Jimmy G". I was on board with Jimmy as starter next year so in my mind I'd rather White vs Zach next year plus throw in like a 3rd round rookie

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I look at Mike White as "discount Jimmy G". I was on board with Jimmy as starter next year so in my mind I'd rather White vs Zach next year plus throw in like a 3rd round rookie

The problem with that is you're going with the status quo at the most important position when it clearly has major issues this year and the window to compete for a championship is opening. It's too risky for an NFL GM to go that route imo.

• Upvote 1

In the long run this is positive for some elements of the Jets.  Wilson gets his chance for redemption and the Jets get to see if he is viable going forward.  It also totally takes any pressure off the rest of the team and the coaches.  No matter what happens if the team fails it will be because of Wilson.  There will be no narrative that any other part of the team has a hand in the loses if they fail.  If they succeed it will be because they triumphantly overcome the bad Qbing of Wilson.

Good for the team making the playoffs?  Who knows, good for the team and coaches in how they look?  100% for sure good for them.

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The problem with that is you're going with the status quo at the most important position when it clearly has major issues this year and the window to compete for a championship is opening. It's too risky for an NFL GM to go that route imo.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Mike White would be legit getting a crack at the starter spot and in essence is the Free Agent QB we target since he knows the offense and doesn't have to develop chemistry with the team. 

Does drafting a rookie help our SB push next year? No, it hedges bets against White/Wilson. Rookie likely would need at least a year or 2 before they are up to speed.

Does bringing in a Free Agent make sense? Sure. Is that Jimmy G? Or would injuries be the prohibitive with him too? I do think Tom Brady has a legit shot at happening but we'd be still banking on Zach + a drafted player. Gardner Minshew is appealing, I'd like him in the mix but that probably means no Mike White.

I'm down to trade for someone but who's a legit option?

Lamar: Does Douglas want to blow all his picks and cap on a player his former organization is having reservations about paying?

Carr: Has a no trade clause, do the Raiders outright cut him before Feb 10th, when his guaranteed money kicks in? Does Carr waive his clause after trying to play with Adams for 9 years?

Rodgers: $100m dead cap hit makes any move impossible before June 1st and it would even be highly unlikely that they'd do it after without crushing their cap for the next 2 seasons.

Love: I'm not thrilled with this option but it may be the most plausible if they can't move Rodgers. Zach can sit and learn behind his idol and then you have Love vs White in camp.

Of all the options Love vs White is my favorite outcome but that couldn't happen til after June 1st because of Wilson's cap hit.

3 hours ago, English Jet said:

This may not go down well but here goes..........

So Zach is starting sunday, this is how i see the difference between US fans and English fans. I don't understand why people would boo a young Jet's player. When he takes the field Sunday, I'm assuming he will be booed by some. Maybe not straight away but if we go 3 and 10 on the 1st drive he will, Why?!? What good would that do to the team.

Over here we wouldn't boo our own, we make it horrible for the visiting players. Intimate the opposition, make them feel uncomfortable.

It's hard for me to understand why you put more pressure on our own player! 

I don't  know? Did Arsenault spend 2 high draft picks on the same important position on the team  3 years apart and both just sucked? 

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Mike White would be legit getting a crack at the starter spot and in essence is the Free Agent QB we target since he knows the offense and doesn't have to develop chemistry with the team. 

Does drafting a rookie help our SB push next year? No, it hedges bets against White/Wilson. Rookie likely would need at least a year or 2 before they are up to speed.

Does bringing in a Free Agent make sense? Sure. Is that Jimmy G? Or would injuries be the prohibitive with him too? I do think Tom Brady has a legit shot at happening but we'd be still banking on Zach + a drafted player. Gardner Minshew is appealing, I'd like him in the mix but that probably means no Mike White.

I'm down to trade for someone but who's a legit option?

Lamar: Does Douglas want to blow all his picks and cap on a player his former organization is having reservations about paying?

Carr: Has a no trade clause, do the Raiders outright cut him before Feb 10th, when his guaranteed money kicks in? Does Carr waive his clause after trying to play with Adams for 9 years?

Rodgers: $100m dead cap hit makes any move impossible before June 1st and it would even be highly unlikely that they'd do it after without crushing their cap for the next 2 seasons.

Love: I'm not thrilled with this option but it may be the most plausible if they can't move Rodgers. Zach can sit and learn behind his idol and then you have Love vs White in camp.

Of all the options Love vs White is my favorite outcome but that couldn't happen til after June 1st because of Wilson's cap hit.

White is probably going to command low-end starter money. A team that is closer to the beginning of a rebuild can take that chance, JD cannot imo.

Zach can be kept as a guy to develop but JD can't go into the season with him as the projected starter. 

So we need to do something for a starter. Love would be my preference of the guys you've listed. He's been groomed in this offensive scheme and has looked good in limited time this year. I think Jacoby Brissett would be a guy that plays steady and well enough to win with the type of defense we have and is a good locker room guy. Need to draft someone too. 

I don't think Lamar is a good fit because LaFleur isn't going to custom build a scheme around him like Roman did in Baltimore. Doubt the Raiders trade Carr (why would they?). Rodgers is washed and going to be too expensive.

• Upvote 1