Can Zach win back his job Sunday?

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is there a scenario where he plays so well you start him Thursday even if white is 100% cleared? 

Zach will start Thursday, Amazon paid big money for Thursday night football and I believe, they want the Lawrence vs Zach narrative for the Jax game. The Thursday night games have been bad, and its all about eyeballs watching #1 draft pick vs number 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 1

Can Zach win back his job Sunday?...

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Zach Never "lost" his job... He was Always going to be starting again this season... just as Saleh said in his original press conference when he stated Zach would be given a reset... This was the plan from the beginning, the Only one who could have changed that was Mike White... & he didn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jetsons said:

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Zach Never "lost" his job... He was Always going to be starting again this season... just as Saleh said in his original press conference when he stated Zach would be given a reset... This was the plan from the beginning, the Only one who could have changed that was Mike White... & he didn't. 

Except White kinda did. He only possibly lost it due to injury. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I think you're probably right.  I also think the way the team rallied around MW changed the equation.  Without the injury I doubt Zach sees the field again this year if we were to win with MW. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The organization wants ZW to win the job so of course the answer is yes.

The organization wants to win. They lose their jobs when the team loses. There is no conspiracy, that is just fans nonsense. You think Saleh gives a $hit if he’s holding the Lombardi trophy and White got him there?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I have a feeling that Mike White is going to still be iffy next week, but if we assume he will be healthy I would think he would need to prove to them by their own evaluation standards that he deserves to keep playing. That doesn't mean stats: it's decision making, timing, and ball placement. 

• If he's average-to-great and wins? Gets another week 
  • If he's great and loses? Gets another week 
  • If he's below average and wins? No guarantees 
  • If he's below average-to-average and loses? Mike White starts if healthy 
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm worried he's going to play a completely average game, but with pretty numbers due to a bad defense and the CS is going to run with him and re-annoint. 

No chance, the boo buttons will be off the charts for this kid. And Zach listens to outside noises thats his bratty personality. He'll be boo'd at every bad pass he makes and we all know he makes tons of those. White is the guy this year and even the players know it.

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I have a feeling that Mike White is going to still be iffy next week, but if we assume he will be healthy I would think he would need to prove to them by their own evaluation standards that he deserves to keep playing. That doesn't mean stats: it's decision making, timing, and ball placement. 

If MW is too injured to play Sunday I would think he's also not going to play 4 days later against Jax.  In other words, ZW has a 2 game (at a minimum) tryout.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Not unless he goes for like 350-400 passing yards and like 3 touchdowns. 

i would be happy with him throwing over 200 yard and 2. he does that and shows he is at least capable of running the offense, he might earn a chance to compete, but in reality, all he has to do is show himself capable of running the offense, make progressions and not just suck in every aspect of the game.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, jetsons said:

LOL

Mike White put up better numbers in 3 games than Zach did in 7. 

Spare me the win/loss record. 

If MW really is injured, then ok. Let's roll with that. But there is no way anybody can make a legitimate case for going back to ZW based on performance. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He needs 2 good games in a row to get the starting job back.

If he plays well in Detroit, he will get another start on the short week.

If he again plays well vs jacksonville, the Jets will ride the hot hand.

I dont think this is very difficult.

He never lost the starting job. White had to be perfect to continue to start. One more loss or mediocre performance and Zach was back in even without an injury. Teams just do not give up on the #2 pick in the draft in their second season. Plus White has not been that great. He looked awesome against a terrible defense but then very average the last couple weeks with a noted inability to score. I said last week to Greenbean and Ryan and Matt that Zach starting next year was still 80% and it is probably even higher than that now. White might not even be a Jet next year/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

He never lost the starting job. White had to be perfect to continue to start. One more loss or mediocre performance and Zach was back in even without an injury. Teams just do not give up on the #2 pick in the draft in their second season. Plus White has not been that great. He looked awesome against a terrible defense but then very average the last couple weeks with a noted inability to score. I said last week to Greenbean and Ryan and Matt that Zach starting next year was still 80% and it is probably even higher than that now. White might not even be a Jet next year/

He might POSSIBLY start the rest of the season if MW's injury is that bad, but no chance in hell Wilson is the undisputed starter next season, especially if he bombs the rest of the season. At that point, any goodwill JD and Saleh have built up will disappear. 

• Upvote 2

What a dumb question

Saleh and Douglas have been looking for every excuse in the world to throw Kapono back out there 

They have consistently repeated their “full intent” to get him back on the field

Of course Kapono will keep the job so long as the team beats the Lions and he doesn’t throw 5 INTs

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

I hate to burst your delusional bubble, but Zach LOST his job because he sucked an immeasurable amount of a**.  Anyone with a functional brain understands this.  Your statement makes zero sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

When will the CS admit they are out of the playoffs? A loss this Sunday will certainly speed up that process.  If that happens I think they keep Zach in the remainder of the season, regardless whether he’s horrible or not.  Hard to see Mike White playing another game this year.