Can Zach win back his job Sunday?

wilson must be a real zero if he didn't pick up things over the past three weeks.  that's nearly half a training camp and these guys are expected to come out of college, go to training and then perform on game day.  i think he'll do well.  the loss in buffalo and even minny aren't all on the qb.  in both of those games the oline didn't perform very well.  it's patch work and they just aren't playing as a unit all the time.  hopefully they'll come out eating nails and spitting fire.  they should make short work of the lions.

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Of course there is. No matter how well MW has played, JD wants  Zach to work out. If he plays well, JD will demand he remain the starter. He is JDs guy. 

Which is why I bet he doesn’t try to bring back White next yr. If (more like when ) Mike beats out in TC, JD would want to name zack the starter regardless. And players will go ape sh*t because Mike white is guy players want to play for. Not sure if Zack can ever figure that out. So I see a mark Brunell, another Flacco type that can’t block his boy. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Which is why I bet he doesn’t try to bring back White next yr. If (more like when ) Mike beats out in TC, JD would want to name zack the starter regardless. And players will go ape sh*t because Mike white is guy players want to play for. Not sure if Zack can ever figure that out. So I see a mark Brunell, another Flacco type that can’t block his boy. 

I don't know that it goes that far anymore. JD has cemented his position with this past offseason  regardless of how Zach plays. It's not a good look to whif so badly on a 2nd overall selection but it's  a worse look to stick your fingers in your ears and scream not listening.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t buy the whole “team won’t play for Zach” narrative that seems to be going around.  If Zach puts it together he’s going to play with specially after using a 2nd overall pick on him.  Plus whatever comments he made during that press conference he rectified it by apologizing to the whole team.  Players have even come out and said they gained a lot of respect for him for doing that so whatever I’ll feelings I think were squashed.  Plus as we know the media does a great job twisting things so there was that too

19 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t buy the whole “team won’t play for Zach” narrative that seems to be going around.  If Zach puts it together he’s going to play with specially after using a 2nd overall pick on him.  Plus whatever comments he made during that press conference he rectified it by apologizing to the whole team.  Players have even come out and said they gained a lot of respect for him for doing that so whatever I’ll feelings I think were squashed.  Plus as we know the media does a great job twisting things so there was that too

I’m not saying they won’t play for him. They just definitely played lot harder for Mike white. Just look what they said about him, and Even made dam t-shirts. Zack doesn’t have to get that level of respect from teammates, but so far there is a very sizable gap.

I hope he learned a lot, this is a lucky 2nd chance for Zack, and possibly his last. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m not saying they won’t play for him. They just definitely played lot harder for Mike white. Just look what they said about him, and Even made dam t-shirts. Zack doesn’t have to get that level of respect from teammates, but so far there is a very sizable gap.

I hope he learned a lot, this is a lucky 2nd chance for Zack, and possibly his last. 

At the end of the day it’s not a popularity contest no matter which QB it is.  I think they should play the same for either guy unless the QB is such a great insufferable prick then I could understand not wanting to go through a wall for that guy

20 hours ago, jetsons said:

Can Zach win back his job Sunday?...

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Zach Never "lost" his job... He was Always going to be starting again this season... just as Saleh said in his original press conference when he stated Zach would be given a reset... This was the plan from the beginning, the Only one who could have changed that was Mike White... & he didn't. 

Keep wearing the blindfold 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

il_1588xN.4043620814_aok9.jpg.thumb.webp.84ac5ff36cc306139a5eaab260adc6db.webp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

At the end of the day it’s not a popularity contest no matter which QB it is.  I think they should play the same for either guy unless the QB is such a great insufferable prick then I could understand not wanting to go through a wall for that guy

If Zack plays well, a lot better than he has, and shows some toughness he will have no problem earning the same respect as Mike white. The problem he hasn’t played well, or taken responsibility for his league leading poor qb play for 2nd straight yr. He buckles when  pressured, while Mike white has literally shown he will stand strong in the pocket and take the big hit for his guys after unloading a throw. That is putting team first. What Zack hopefully leans, it’s about “ team first “ not what is  best for Zack Wilson.

Even before he gets to that point,  I think the players do respect him more now because he was finally not treated like the golden boy who was the ONLY allowed to play poorly and not see his job in jeopardy. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Zack plays well, a lot better than he has, and shows some toughness he will have no problem earning the same respect as Mike white. The problem he hasn’t played well, or taken responsibility for his league leading poor qb play for 2nd straight yr. He buckles when  pressured, while Mike white has literally shown he will stand strong in the pocket and take the big hit for his guys after unloading a throw. That is putting team first. What Zack hopefully leans, it’s about “ team first “ not what is  best for Zack Wilson.

Even before he gets to that point,  I think the players do respect him more now because he was finally not treated like the golden boy who was the ONLY allowed to play poorly and not see his job in jeopardy. 

I just think the whole thing was overblown.  It’s a clean slate now let’s see how it goes 

• Upvote 1