Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets?

Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

My gut tells me no. He’s done this season if his ribs are broken and the Jets will pursue bigger fish at the QB position after the season

Not so sure that they will. Actually White's injury might just let them be able to sign White back for reasonable $. I think we will draft a QB this year. We are a bit up against the cap and need to sign Q, Huff and a bunch of others. I fully expect them to roll with Zach next year unless he plays like he did in NE in the upcoming games.

I think that's all she wrote on Mike White, unfortunately and I blame Braxton Berrios.  If that little sexy ass mofo just held on to the damn ball, there would be no room for the nonsensical poopy being thrown around about Mike White and the QB position of the NY Jets but here we are and now the injury, IMO, is just making the perfect opportunity to let the Jets quite literally, ride or die this season on the arm of Zach Wilson because lets be real, that is the preference of everyone in the building.  The unwavering confidence and inability to admit a mistake is bonkers but here we are!

Here's why I see the Jets never going back to White:

If White cant go Sunday, he cant go Thurs and the Jets are going to win both games, no matter who plays QB.  The narrative will unquestionably shift to Wilson > White because he wins and his level of play, will not matter at all in this equation.  He could give you a typical Zach gem of 12 for 24 for 135 yards while the run game and D carry the team and it wont matter because of the W's....and the W's, no matter how they came, will be all that matters when the Jets stick w/ Wilson for the rest of the season and try to explain why they ever benched him even though its plainly obvious.  Who knows what happens after that but book it fellas, this is how this goes down and what does it lead to you ask?  Zach Wilson the unquestioned, unchallenged starter in 2023!  Yay! 

edit; just saw that White said the issue is bone related.  Then you can go ahead and make this 100% guaranteed.  He's done for the year and it's Wilson job as the unquestioned starter, forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I think that's all she wrote on Mike White, unfortunately and I blame Braxton Berrios.  If that little sexy ass mofo just held on to the damn ball, there would be no room for the nonsensical poopy being thrown around about Mike White and the QB position of the NY Jets but here we are and now the injury, IMO, is just making the perfect opportunity to let the Jets quite literally, ride or die this season the arm of Zach Wilson because lets be real, that is the preference of everyone in the building.  The unwavering confidence and inability to admit a mistake is bonkers but here we are!

If White cant go Sunday, he cant go Thurs and the Jets are going to win both games, no matter who plays QB.  The narrative will unquestionably shift to Wilson > White because he wins and his level of play, will not matter at all in this equation.  He could give you a typical Zach gem of 12 for 24 for 135 yards while the run game and D carry the team and it wont matter because of the W's....and the W's, no matter how they came, will be all that matters when the Jets stick w/ Wilson for the rest of the season and try to explain why they ever benched him even though its plainly obvious.  Who knows what happens after that but book it fellas, this is how this goes down and what does it lead to you ask?  Zach Wilson the unquestioned, unchallenged starter in 2023!  Yay! 

edit; just saw that White said the issue is bone related.  Then you can go ahead and make this 100% guaranteed.  He's done for the year and it's Wilson job as the unquestioned starter, forever.

You’re about to watch an NFL organization coalesce around the greatest 140 yard passing day in NFL history, in which Zach Wilson showed “a lot of improvement” and did “some nice things” that “he can really build on.” 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You’re about to watch an NFL organization coalesce around the greatest 140 yard passing day in NFL history, in which Zach Wilson showed “a lot of improvement” and did “some nice things” that “he can really build on.” 

I hope so.  That means the Jets were up the whole way and MLF called the 100% screen play and run offense.

I hate that offense and approach, I’d be stoked the Lions Offense was stopped without Q.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

...and while all those things are great, it's really the leadership that we've been most impressed w/ and how the guys have responded to him and really just rallied around him to support him, I think it's speaks to our culture and to Zach's reputation in that locker room"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I hope so.  That means the Jets were up the whole way and MLF called the 100% screen play and run offense.

I hate that offense and approach, I’d be stoked the Lions Offense was stopped without Q.  

You've been around here enough to know winning isn't important to Jet fans.

Stats are what we celebrate.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

...and while all those things are great, it's really the leadership that we've been most impressed w/ and how the guys have responded to him and really just rallied around him to support him, I think it's speaks to our culture and to Zach's reputation in that locker room"

Garrett Wilson: 3 catches on 8 targets for 37 yards

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Totally

I suspect Douglas intentionally kept MW (over, say, adding a guy like Minshew) because of the perception that he was a decent enough JAG where you’d be able to compete and win if he had to play, but not good enough to pose a threat - whether real or imagined - to the precious #2 pick 

But their plans have now sort of backfired

Kapono has regressed instead of developing, while MW has proven he’s more than a replacement-level JAG 

It’s obvious who the players think is the better QB

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 3

Not sure I understand some of the comments here.  The Jets leadership have eyes, watch film, and have the pulse of the locker room.   They have shown the stones to make tough calls on Moore and on ZW.   They have earned the benefit of the doubt that all they care about winning.   That includes admitting the whiffed on the #2 overall pick as Douglas has more than enough credibility to withstand the hit.   If they think MW is the best QB on the Jets than he will be resigned, period.  His team loves him and while I understand it’s a business from his side too the Jets is where he will have his best chance to start and succeed.   I also don’t understand comments about him being injury prone.   Those hits would have taken out about 3/4 of the leagues QB.  Saying that Josh Allen or Big Ben would have brushed them off is rather selective.  

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

The most Jets scenario is he goes somewhere else and throws 30 tds a year for the next 6 seasons and we get the Favre Experience But More Embarrassing with Arod next year. 

Belichick claims him and wins another Superbowl after MW beats out Jones. And sweeps the Jets lol.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And if thats what happens other than pushing PR nonsense to the media in the face of the obvious the CS will know the real story, that MW still is the more productive QB. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Not sure I understand some of the comments here.  The Jets leadership have eyes, watch film, and have the pulse of the locker room.   They have shown the stones to make tough calls on Moore and on ZW.   They have earned the benefit of the doubt that all they care about winning.   That includes admitting the whiffed on the #2 overall pick as Douglas has more than enough credibility to withstand the hit.   If they think MW is the best QB on the Jets than he will be resigned, period.  His team loves him and while I understand it’s a business from his side too the Jets is where he will have his best chance to start and succeed.   I also don’t understand comments about him being injury prone.   Those hits would have taken out about 3/4 of the leagues QB.  Saying that Josh Allen or Big Ben would have brushed them off is rather selective.  

I am a White fan but there is literally nothing to suggest that they think MW is the best QB on the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, JiFields said:

I think that's all she wrote on Mike White, unfortunately and I blame Braxton Berrios.  If that little sexy ass mofo just held on to the damn ball, there would be no room for the nonsensical poopy being thrown around about Mike White and the QB position of the NY Jets but here we are and now the injury, IMO, is just making the perfect opportunity to let the Jets quite literally, ride or die this season on the arm of Zach Wilson because lets be real, that is the preference of everyone in the building.  The unwavering confidence and inability to admit a mistake is bonkers but here we are!

Jets can't win both games without White, period. ZW is trash and always will be. What other good QB in NFL  history took 2 seasons before anyone could tell if he was worth a shyt? None.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFields said:

I don't get the confidence about the Lions game. We're probably without our best player on defense and their offense has been red hot. Our offense has been abysmal w/Zach at the helm.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Jets can't win both games without White, period. ZW is trash and always will be. What other good QB in NFL  history took 2 seasons before anyone could tell if he was worth a shyt? None.

Drew Brees? Geno Smith? a couple off the top of my head.

Not that I think Zach is going to be good, but it's not like it never happened.

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

But maybe just maybe he has some responsibility in making sure he doesn't take those hits, by either scrambling or making line adjustments to pick up the free blitzer.  I'm 1000% certain if Zach took those hits the narrative here would be it was because of that reason. 

Mike White will be a Jet next season no matter what happens down the stretch this season.  He’s not getting a contract that can’t be managed here for now and no one is going to offer him big, starting dollars to start for their team.  Right now he’s more valuable to the Jets than to another NFL team

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Without a dominate running game which the Jets haven't had since the Hall injury the team has zero chance of making the playoffs...there hasn't been one game in Zachs 20 game history where he has carried the team and played a clean game at the same time.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't get the confidence about the Lions game. We're probably without our best player on defense and their offense has been red hot. Our offense has been abysmal w/Zach at the helm.

Exactly.  We’re not winning this game if the defense allows more than 20 points, which seems likely.  

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Drew Brees? Geno Smith? a couple off the top of my head.

Not that I think Zach is going to be good, but it's not like it never happened.

Brees and Geno Smith were superior QBs to Wilson in their first 2 years.

Wilson has been a historic level of bad.  

And with Geno it took 10 years for him to become a quality starter, with a different team.  Kind of an extreme outlier situation, no?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brees and Geno Smith were superior QBs to Wilson in their first 2 years.

Wilson has been a historic level of bad.  

And with Geno it took 10 years for him to become a quality starter, with a different team.  Kind of an extreme outlier situation, no?

I'm sure I can find plenty of examples if I look. Those were two that popped off the top of my head.  Drew Brees was so good the Chargers drafted Rivers.

Vinnie T?