Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets?

Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike F'n White Ever Take Another Snap For the Jets

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm sure I can find plenty of examples if I look. Those were two that popped off the top of my head.  Drew Brees was so good the Chargers drafted Rivers.

Vinnie T?

Trust me, I’ve put in the research on this.  There’s no one like him who ever went on to succeed.

Best examples you could come up with would be Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Rich Gannon and Troy Aikman.  And those guys were playing a completely different game. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I voted yes.  It's a low point today but fresh eyes will change the narrative quite a bit down the stretch.  Wilson plays like dogsh*t and suddenly White getting re-signed will be a "priority" for Joe Douglas.

What are the alternatives?  Give up assets for Rodgers or Carr, who each cost $40M per and performed no better than White this season?  Pay an exorbitant amount for Jimmy G, who can't seem to stay healthy either?  Continue to give the keys to Wilson?  Draft another QB high and potentially take another trip on this merry-go-round of death all over again?

I choose to be optimistic.  I think White will be back.

I like your posts because they are logical :).  

Personally, I don’t believe anyone is going to pay White starter money NOW given the injury risk.  It’s a shame because that was one of the 2 or 3 key questions he needed to put to bed in order to earn a starting QB contract.

Why is this good for the 2023 Jets?  Because (1) they will not necessarily be in a cap position to outbid other teams looking for a clear cut starter and (2) they will most likely not be ready to move on from Wilson, yet at the same time need a realistic quality option to compete for the job.  

(The next few games were never going to answer the Wilson question.  His issues run far deeper and will take an off-season of intense coaching and possibly therapy to address).  

Yes, there will be other teams intrigued by White but the Jets & White might make the most sense for both sides >>> the Jets needs AND White’s desire to compete for a starting spot.

(His coaches and teammates love him, the Jets & Zach need a real quarterback competition, White’s a great fit for the offense and JD will build upside incentives into his contract based on playing time and performance.) 

The only scenarios where I see the Jets not trying to keep him:

1. They answer the Wilson question by the end of 2022, and either commit to him as next year’s starter OR move on from him and acquire their clear cut starter of the future.  I view this as low probability.

2. They believe there is a better compete with Wilson option than White.  Even so, would a Minshew come here to compete for the job when another team might outright give him the job.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  We’re not winning this game if the defense allows more than 20 points, which seems likely.  

Wilsons "good" games have been when we have 150-200 yards rushing and a dominate defensive performance....I guess it's possible to win with that formula the next few games but seems unlikely. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Wilsons "good" games have been when we have 150-200 yards rushing and a dominate defensive performance....I guess it's possible to win with that formula the next few games but seems unlikely. 

Not without Breece it’s not.  I like Bam but you know he isn’t getting 30 touches tomorrow.  Just not happening.  

And that’s even less likely if we fall behind early.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Not without Breece it’s not.  I like Bam but you know he isn’t getting 30 touches tomorrow.  Just not happening.  

I like Knight but he seems to get his yards in bunches late in games don't see them controlling the game with this line and Bam Knight...they are going to have to throw the ball to get first downs and TDs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

I like Knight but he seems to get his yards in bunches late in games don't see them controlling the game with this line and Bam Knight...they are going to have to throw the ball to get first downs and TDs.

Especially against one of the 3 worst pass Ds in the league at the moment.

Put up or shut up time for the golden boy.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

I think that's all she wrote on Mike White, unfortunately and I blame Braxton Berrios.  If that little sexy ass mofo just held on to the damn ball, there would be no room for the nonsensical poopy being thrown around about Mike White and the QB position of the NY Jets but here we are and now the injury, IMO, is just making the perfect opportunity to let the Jets quite literally, ride or die this season on the arm of Zach Wilson because lets be real, that is the preference of everyone in the building.  The unwavering confidence and inability to admit a mistake is bonkers but here we are!

Here's why I see the Jets never going back to White:

If White cant go Sunday, he cant go Thurs and the Jets are going to win both games, no matter who plays QB.  The narrative will unquestionably shift to Wilson > White because he wins and his level of play, will not matter at all in this equation.  He could give you a typical Zach gem of 12 for 24 for 135 yards while the run game and D carry the team and it wont matter because of the W's....and the W's, no matter how they came, will be all that matters when the Jets stick w/ Wilson for the rest of the season and try to explain why they ever benched him even though its plainly obvious.  Who knows what happens after that but book it fellas, this is how this goes down and what does it lead to you ask?  Zach Wilson the unquestioned, unchallenged starter in 2023!  Yay! 

edit; just saw that White said the issue is bone related.  Then you can go ahead and make this 100% guaranteed.  He's done for the year and it's Wilson job as the unquestioned starter, forever.

Dude I don’t know about that, but unless Wilson went through some Disney movie transformation, we stand to lose to the Lions. We’re playing the two hottest “we got nothing to lose so fck it” teams in the nfl back to back weeks. These two could be Wilson blow outs. 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Jets can't win both games without White, period. ZW is trash and always will be. What other good QB in NFL  history took 2 seasons before anyone could tell if he was worth a shyt? None.

Sure they can.  Zach is trash but they've won 5 games w/ Zach at the helm, they can definitely beat inferior teams at home on the back of the D and the running game by not ask him to do more than manage the game. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't get the confidence about the Lions game. We're probably without our best player on defense and their offense has been red hot. Our offense has been abysmal w/Zach at the helm.

Q. Will hurts but the Lions are just a really good match up for the Jets.  They're atrocious on D, they do nothing well and they have a static pocket QB w/ mediocre outside threats that have feasted on the dregs of NFL defenses.  They havent faced team that can cover and create pressure w/ 4 like the Jets all year.   Just got a good feeling the Jets D puts the ice on that offense w/ the Jets offense playing ball control in which they should be able establish the run game as the Lions give up 5 ypc.  

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Dude I don’t know about that, but unless Wilson went through some Disney movie transformation, we stand to lose to the Lions. We’re playing the two hottest “we got nothing to lose so fck it” teams in the nfl back to back weeks. These two could be Wilson blow outs. 

Meh, we'll see.  The Jets are the better Football team, IMO and it will show on Sunday.  I think lots of Jets fans are all up in their feels right now, on a bad little stretch, their savior injured, the DPOY nominee possibly out, the bust back in, etc. ..but, this is still a really good team that carried him at one point and the Jets have a way of breathing hope back into your season unexpected.  Plus, I just truly believe the Jets have the recipe to shut down the Lions offense, even w/out Q. Will and I just have a strange feeling the running game gets going and carries this team Sunday.

8 hours ago, JiFields said:

Meh, we'll see.  The Jets are the better Football team, IMO and it will show on Sunday.  I think lots of Jets fans are all up in their feels right now, on a bad little stretch, their savior injured, the DPOY nominee possibly out, the bust back in, etc. ..but, this is still a really good team that carried him at one point and the Jets have a way of breathing hope back into your season unexpected.  Plus, I just truly believe the Jets have the recipe to shut down the Lions offense, even w/out Q. Will and I just have a strange feeling the running game gets going and carries this team Sunday.

I hope you’re right.. but that’s a legit offense over there. Ppl keep writing them off and windup getting clowned as result

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, JiFields said:

Sure they can.  Zach is trash but they've won 5 games w/ Zach at the helm, they can definitely beat inferior teams at home on the back of the D and the running game by not ask him to do more than manage the game. 

Lots of people forget how many games Breece Hall won for Zach during that stretch. Once he got hurt Zach got more involved and the losses started.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:24 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Totally

I suspect Douglas intentionally kept MW (over, say, adding a guy like Minshew) because of the perception that he was a decent enough JAG where you’d be able to compete and win if he had to play, but not good enough to pose a threat - whether real or imagined - to the precious #2 pick 

But their plans have now sort of backfired

Kapono has regressed instead of developing, while MW has proven he’s more than a replacement-level JAG 

It’s obvious who the players think is the better QB

This is a ridiculous take. Douglas and Saleh have to keep their jobs as well.  They both have pride and a desire to win.  With White getting hurt, Wilson was the only option in week 15 of the season.  BTW, Minshew was NOT on the block for an Eagles team that was a SB contender and had a QB that was not fully established going into the season in Hurts.  Who else should the Jets have added? Trubisky (as some on this board advocated)?  The Steelers receivers are pissed he's starting today over Mason freakin' Rudolph.  

The future of the Jets QB position will be clearer after the next four games.  White is still an option. Wilson can crap the bed again and then he's likely done.  We could see White in weeks 17-18.  We could see a Minshew or a Garappolo next season. How about we let this play out rather than speculating on some grand anti-White conspiracy that makes no sense.  

Absent the injury to White, Wilson was benched and not likely seeing the field again this season.  If the Jets were so committed to Wilson, why bench him at all in favor of White in the first place?

If zach sucks it up the rest of the year think the Jets find a QB. Mike White does not have the physical ability to be a full time starter. As seen today zach throws he made Mike White can't do. Love Mike White quick throws but he can't run has a weak arm just isn't a full time starter. Some fans are angry when they hear it but it's true Zach either bounces back or Jets are getting a replacement through FA trade or draft.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

If zach sucks it up the rest of the year think the Jets find a QB. Mike White does not have the physical ability to be a full time starter. As seen today zach throws he made Mike White can't do. Love Mike White quick throws but he can't run has a weak arm just isn't a full time starter. Some fans are angry when they hear it but it's true Zach either bounces back or Jets are getting a replacement through FA trade or draft.

White has put up lot better numbers than zach, and imagine with a healthy and solid OL to keep a good pocket. Wilson on the other hand still looks like a hs school qb some plays. That pick by Zach was just awful. But very characteristic of him.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Trust me, I’ve put in the research on this.  There’s no one like him who ever went on to succeed.

Best examples you could come up with would be Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Rich Gannon and Troy Aikman.  And those guys were playing a completely different game. 

God how many times must we slay this beast?

• Post of the Week 1