Time to Elevate the Strev!!!!!!

Can't you guys all envision this as being a clear case yet again, of the Jets not having a clue what they have in Streveler (a la Mike White and Josh Johnson last year) if by chance he gets to come into a game and drives the offense up and down the field? For some reason I think Saleh and JD feel tied to ZW because he was the #2 pick in the draft and they feel foolish if an un drafted FA walk on plays well and blows away their prized draft pick. Hoping ZW found himself, but lets ne honest, a zebra doesn't change his or her stripes. Basically, we have nothing to lose by playing Streveler as back up - he should be / should have been working as the #2 all week in practice. Flacco is a used can of tomatoes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

No more Joe Flacco, Period!!!!!

Elevate the Strev!!!!!!  

I remember another long-shot QB helping in Ray Lucas...... and so do most of you!

Strev or Bust!!!!

South Dakota alum Chris Streveler dominates NFL preseason with NY Jets

image.jpeg

Let's Go Jets!!! :) 

Flacco is a joke so I say yes to Strev but its a lot different in real game action compared to street players in the 4th quarter of pre season. he certainly seems to be a guy who can spark a team if he enters a game where Zach has not reached the 50 yard line in a full half of play but Im not sure he can be a long term answer.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Flacco is a joke so I say yes to Strev but its a lot different in real game action compared to street players in the 4th quarter of pre season. he certainly seems to be a guy who can spark a team if he enters a game where Zach has not reached the 50 yard line in a full half of play but Im not sure he can be a long term answer.

Who’s saying he’s a long term answer?

all I’m saying is he’s a better option now than Flacco and in bad conditions can actually run the ball. Flacco has checked out

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Who’s saying he’s a long term answer?

all I’m saying is he’s a better option now than Flacco and in bad conditions can actually run the ball. Flacco has checked out

This is just not true. Flacco is better than Strevler which is why Strevler doesn’t even have a spot on the roster.

Flacco got blown up by the same D that took out Mike White.

calm down 

31 minutes ago, ECURB said:

This is just not true. Flacco is better than Strevler which is why Strevler doesn’t even have a spot on the roster.

calm down 

This is just not true. Like at all. 

Flacco is clearly washed up. The ONLY reasons hes on the roster at all at this point, are because A - JD actually traded for the dude after releasing him, and doesn't want to look like an idiot for doing so again. B - They are a handful of games away from the end of his entire NFL career and dont want to disrespect him. C - He was never a serious threat to replace Zach. 

That's it. Full stop.

He isn't on roster because hes better than anybody else, hes specifically on the roster because hes NOT better than the others. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ECURB said:

calm down 

You calm down. 
the OL is in very questionable and Flacco isn’t interested in taking a beating back there. He cannot move…like at all.

At least Streveler is a running threat