Is this Zach's last chance as a Jet

Is this Zach's last shot  

56 members have voted

1. 1. We have a thread about can Zach win back his job, let's ask can he lose ot

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think if he screws the pooch here, fans will be done with him. Not sure about the Jets 

A good amount are already done with him.  Hell I’ve seen many who say regardless if he plays well or not they still don’t want him playing ?.  I mean I agree if he is awful and hasn’t corrected his issues then it’s time to pull the plug but if he does well you would think that would be a good thing ? 

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

If I were a betting man, I'd be pushing my chips all in on Zach returns as the unquestioned starter next season w/ no competition in camp to truly give any real consideration. 

Barring him being completely lights out the remainder of the season, no way in hell this is the case. Better chance he is traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick than the unquestioned starter.  If he is back next year, and that is a big if, its with serious legit competition including possibly MW and a FA signing. But he is not going to be lights out remainder of the season, it will be more of the same of what we saw with him 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

If I were a betting man, I'd be pushing my chips all in on Zach returns as the unquestioned starter next season w/ no competition in camp to truly give any real consideration. 

I would agree if we weren’t in playoff contention, but if he bombs and blows our chances at a playoff berth in these last 4 games, I think there will be too much pressure on the organization to upgrade at QB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I can say this with a lot of confidence,  in the last 3 weeks, Zach has not learned to read NFL defenses, he has not developed better field vision, he has not learned to handle pressure, and he has not learned how to throw on the run. What he has learned is possibly is the days of special treatment are over but that is maybe it. 

We shall see 

14 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Barring him being completely lights out the remainder of the season, no way in hell this is the case. Better chance he is traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick than the unquestioned starter.  If he is back next year, and that is a big if, its with serious legit competition including possibly MW and a FA signing. But he is not going to be lights out remainder of the season, it will be more of the same of what we saw with him 

Less than 0% chance he's traded.  He will be the starter next year w/ a Cooper Rush caliber back up.  You can book that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think if he screws the pooch here, fans will be done with him. Not sure about the Jets 

The issue here, I think is that the "reset" did not complete its full course.  He should have been taken back to square one and rebuilt from this time into next year's camp.  

How can we ask if he is going to screw up or not if he does not have the tools to succeed in the first place ???

I think there was a chance that he could have been salvaged.  Now, he's doomed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

I want to move on from this kid. Too much toxicity surrounding this situation. So annoying the #2 pick can’t just play like the #2 pick. These are discussions we shouldn’t even be having. It’s a total waste. All of it. Start fresh next year.  

They would only move on if he comes in and looks like he did against the Patriots .  If he has improved he is staying 

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would agree if we weren’t in playoff contention, but if he bombs and blows our chances at a playoff berth in these last 4 games, I think there will be too much pressure on the organization to upgrade at QB. 

Nah, he'll be neutered to where he cant bomb and even if he did, they have White injury as a fall back.  We didnt really want Zach to start, he needed a little longer but it happened out of necessity, throw Flacco under the bus + now he gets the entire offseason for a reset, wham, Week 1 he's the starter.

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

The issue here, I think is that the "reset" did not complete its full course.  He should have been taken back to square one and rebuilt from this time into next year's camp.  

How can we ask if he is going to screw up or not if he does not have the tools to succeed in the first place ???

I think there was a chance that he could have been salvaged.  Now, he's doomed. 

If by tools you mean a brain, I agree, that surely wasn't  fixed in 3 weeks. This was more like a timeout I give my parrot after he bites me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Jets723 said:

They would only move on if he comes in and looks like he did against the Patriots .  If he has improved he is staying 

Whats improvement? He needs to play like the #2 pick. You don’t get drafted #2 overall to meet the lowest of expectations. It’s embarrassing and that’s why everyone in the league largely thinks the Jets are a joke. Although you saw that narrative slightly shifting w-a competent QB like MW under center. 

Just now, DireJet said:

Whats improvement? He needs to play like the #2 pick. You don’t get drafted #2 overall to meet the lowest of expectations. It’s embarrassing and that’s why everyone in the league largely thinks the Jets are a joke. Although you saw that narrative slightly shifting w-a competent QB like MW under center. 

Huh?  What does play like the #2 pick mean?  If he plays well and we win that’s all that matter.  I dont give two sh*ts about flashy stats.  If the offense is moving, he doesn’t turn it over, he doesn’t run backwards, and makes good decisions that’s all I want.  

• More Ugh 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Huh?  What does play like the #2 pick mean?  If he plays well and we win that’s all that matter.  I dont give two sh*ts about flashy stats.  If the offense is moving, he doesn’t turn it over, he doesn’t run backwards, and makes good decisions that’s all I want.  

The expectations of “playing well” are being a game manager, right? Because he’s not lighting anything up. That’s what I mean. When you’re drafted #2 overall, there are higher expectations than game manager and slightly better than Jamarcus Russell. It’s a joke, to me at least. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It would take a miracle for Zach to come back and be successful if he tanks the next 4 like the New England games

There is really no reason to expect that.  The NE games are somewhat outliers to his other games. Not saying he has been great in those games either but they are much less bad in many ways. I am optimistic for Zach to be honest. If you give Zach a "reset" then the coaches need to give themselves a "reset" as well so hopefully their approach to Zach changes as well.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can say this with a lot of confidence,  in the last 3 weeks, Zach has not learned to read NFL defenses, he has not developed better field vision, he has not learned to handle pressure, and he has not learned how to throw on the run. What he has learned is possibly is the days of special treatment are over but that is maybe it. 

I feel like we are bonding now.

• Haha 1

It seems like someone (or several someones) at 1JD still believes in Wilson but they've got to be at the point of making contingency plans. Saleh seems to have a good feel for the vibe of the locker room and it appears, at best, Zack is viewed as an impediment to future personal financial success. He's got an opportunity to change that but it's unlikely and next year there will either be a splash move or a competition.

Just now, johnnysd said:

There is really no reason to expect that.  The NE games are somewhat outliers to his other games. Not saying he has been great in those games either but they are much less bad in many ways. I am optimistic for Zach to be honest. If you give Zach a "reset" then the coaches need to give themselves a "reset" as well so hopefully their approach to Zach changes as well.

Problem is MLF should’ve not leaned so heavily on Mike White. Watch tomorrow he’s not gonna throw it more than 25x. And that’s fine. That will prob work. But he treated MW like he was TB12 putting everything on his shoulders. It was bizarre. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

The expectations of “playing well” are being a game manager, right? Because he’s not lighting anything up. That’s what I mean. When you’re drafted #2 overall, there are higher expectations than game manager and slightly better than Jamarcus Russell. It’s a joke, to me at least. 

I mean that’s not what I said.  Play well is usually you know a good thing for most QBs regardless if they were drafted 2nd or 152nd.

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Nah, he'll be neutered to where he cant bomb and even if he did, they have White injury as a fall back.  We didnt really want Zach to start, he needed a little longer but it happened out of necessity, throw Flacco under the bus + now he gets the entire offseason for a reset, wham, Week 1 he's the starter.

Yea - I just don’t see that working.

the talk in the media will be that the Jets are a QB away from being a potential contender. I think he’ll still be here but I see a competition with Mike white or someone else. 

Just now, Jets723 said:

I mean that’s not what I said.  Play well is usually you know a good thing for most QBs regardless if they were drafted 2nd or 152nd.

There’s cache and expectations with a #2 pick at QB. He’s supposed to put the team on his shoulders and win games w/his arm. That he can’t do that is very disappointing for what we thought we were getting. I don’t know why this is hard to understand. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I have a feeling you may be surprised. As I said a couple posts ago, I suspect that MLF reset as well and I don't expect them to trot out all the concepts that Zach struggled with.

4 minutes ago, DireJet said:

There’s cache and expectations with a #2 pick at QB. He’s supposed to put the team on his shoulders and win games w/his arm. That he can’t do that is very disappointing for what we thought we were getting. I don’t know why this is hard to understand. 

I mean that’s not always how it works.  We’ve seen many QBs drafted in that spot or number 1 and need time to develop or don’t.  If fact most of the top QBs in the league were drafted lower or middle of the first round.