***The official Saturday games thread ***

Larz

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Explain how the browns winning helps us? I'm confused...

The Ravens and Bengals are in the division/wildcard slot. Figure we’re going to give the division to the Bengals so if the Ravens lose and the Jets win, it opens up another wildcard slot as a possibility down the stretch

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

The Ravens and Bengals are in the division/wildcard slot. Figure we’re going to give the division to the Bengals so if the Ravens lose and the Jets win, it opens up another wildcard slot as a possibility down the stretch

But they will both have better overall records than us, and own the tie breakers after they both likely end up beating us lol

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

But they will both have better overall records than us, and own the tie breakers after they both likely end up beating us lol

A loss today would put them a game ahead of us with the tiebreaker and they’ve got a decent schedule coming up with no Lamar Jackson. Just a chance is all - nothing matters if the Jets don’t win this week anyway

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

A loss today would put them a game ahead of us with the tiebreaker and they’ve got a decent schedule coming up with no Lamar Jackson. Just a chance is all - nothing matters if the Jets don’t win this week anyway

Whats wrong with Lamar? how long will he be out?

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Explain how the browns winning helps us? I'm confused...

There are currently two AFC North teams in the playoffs, sitting at 9-4. Bengals and Ravens. Technically, if the Ravens have a complete collapse and lose 4 in a row, they could give up their playoff spot to another team. That team could be the Jets. Its a real stretch, the Jets would also need to win out. But its possible.

However, more realistically, all we care about is the Pats, Dolphins and Chargers losing. All teams which we are separated by 1 game or less. 

Not to get ahead of myself but the Pats have a brutal schedule with Raiders on the road, Bengals, Dolphins and Bills. Meanwhile, the Dolphins have three division games they have to deal with having to play the Bills, Pats and Jets (their 4th game is at home against the Packers). I think both of these teams will stumble and lose at least one, maybe two games down the stretch. 

The team I'm most concerned about running the table and taking one of the last playoff spots in the AFC is the Chargers, who, apart from this home game against Tenn., have a cupcake schedule with the Colts, Rams, and Broncos to finish off the season. Tenn. beating the Chargers would be huge.

Otherwise, Jets just need to win and worry about nothing else.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

i have the Viking -3.5. i forgot the game was today until i saw this post. turn it on and there down 17-0 and just got stuffed on 4th and 1. there not kidding when they say.... "on any given sunday"

Welcome to the club.

shoukd have taken the money light in on fire and would have enjoyed it more

you could always join the new club of vikes ml at +whatever and hope cousins somehow pulls this out

• Upvote 1