Garrett Wilson fined after taking a big hit

Rhg1084

15 hours ago, JTJet said:

What. In. The. ****. 

The NFL is clearly retaliating because he called out the officials. Nothing will change my mind here. 

This is the NFL equivalent of "hey boy, you need to shut your mouth and do what your told" 

If I’m understanding your reference correctly, it is in NO way similar. 

Hopefully I am misunderstanding the equivalency of your statement. 

Can anyone guess the only team in the NFL that hasn’t had an opponent called for a roughing the QB penalty?  Don’t strain yourselves too much.   I still contend the RTP on the pick six against the Patriots was the turning point of our season.   Think about everything that’s transpired since then it’s really remarkable. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why is talking sh*t ever a flag or a fine? That’s what sports is!!!
You play to talk smack and to gloat you’re the best. What are we doing here?

Because some people can't control their emotions, or remember they're at work. Yapping often leads to fighting for some. It got to a point where fighting on the field started becoming regular, between WRs and CBs in particular, and unlike hockey it isn't something the fans cheered for. So they decided to preempt the fighting before it started with flags and fines which has worked for the most part. It's the same reason why excessive celebration became an issue for a while. I get what GW is pissed about and don't disagree, but in any field of work mouthing off , right or wrong, to an official / admin / whatever person is in charge / has power is generally an unproductive choice.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

the worse the officiating gets the more the NFL will squash dissent to send a message to shut up.

Players would be better off sending highlights of ref screw ups to the team / league offices as opposed to trying to embarrass the league. Or maybe have a friend the NFL can't fine post up the material on social media to help build public pressure. I'm sure the league doesn't like embarrassing ref screw ups on national TV regularly, would want to deal with it quietly behind the scenes, but they probably don't like players exacerbating that embarrassment. 

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Publicly going after NFL refs - questioning the integrity of the game on Twitter was never going to end well.

Maybe this will be a lesson for Garret Wilson.   

Hopefully it ends with the fine - and the refs don't take it out on him on the field.

Please

The problem is too many people keep quiet when BS is happening, like Martin Luther King  said..

If anything Garrett exposed this clown show rigged league. 

These games and the momentum are so easily turned by one call it’s comical anyone still believe this game is legit.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Please

The problem is too many people keep quiet when BS is happening, like Martin Luther King  said..

If anything Garrett exposed this clown show rigged league. 

These games and the momentum are so easily turned by one call it’s comical anyone still believe this game is legit.

This might be well and true...

But there is a reality to be faced.  The reality is the league is pretty powerful.  Sure you can fight it, but you're likely to lose that battle.  

So, if Garret Wilson cares about what's the in the best interest of Garret Wilson -  he won't publicly attack the league and its officials.

If Garret Wilson is altruistic and willing to harm himself, team and career to right a wrong, by being unwilling to "keep quiet" - then I say good for him.   Hope more players follow, but don't suspect they will.

• Post of the Week 1