<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's December 18th and the Jets are 7-6 and still firmly in the playoff hunt, yet somehow I can't seem to muster any enthusiasm for this game.

We haven’t had a December game with this much meaning in 7 years. WAKE UP! Dolphins loss yesterday should make you even more amped up. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

We haven’t had a December game with this much meaning in 7 years. WAKE UP! Dolphins loss yesterday should make you even more amped up. 

Jets fans 2016-2021: I wish I could watch some meaningful football in December! 

Jets fans 2022: With a win we're back in the playoffs but I can't muster the enthusiasm to care! 

Cant make this Sh!t up! LMAO

Just now, carlito1171 said:

Jets fans 2016-2021: I wish I could watch some meaningful football in January! 

Jets fans 2022: With a win we're back in the playoffs but I can't muster the enthusiasm to care! 

Cant make this Sh!t up! LMAO

Can’t blame people for protecting themselves. This franchise doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt. 

Just saw this.  Crazy.

Jets coach Robert Saleh expects a "few things to crop up" with Zach Wilson in Sunday's start against the Lions.

Yikes. “Zach had a good week of practice," Saleh began optimistically, before getting real. "His mechanics are much better, but I do expect a few things to crop up today. I told him don’t overthink it, just go out and play. Just. Be. You.” In other words, the Jets aren't going to put too much on Wilson's plate, even against the Lions' fantasy-friendly defense. This is going to be a triage-style mission. Get in, get out, avoid too much damage to the quarterback or offense. Garrett Wilson fantasy managers have to be praying for a big play or two to provide a WR2 day.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Man this sucks. Literally without half our starters today. If there's any way he could go today he should be playing. 

This is our season pretty much 

No it isn't

We have a game 3 days from now.....a calf injury can turn into a torn achilles and you won't see Q for a very long time....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

What a vote of confidence right before a big game.

Jets coach Robert Saleh expects a "few things to crop up" with Zach Wilson in Sunday's start against the Lions.

Yikes. “Zach had a good week of practice," Saleh began optimistically, before getting real. "His mechanics are much better, but I do expect a few things to crop up today. I told him don’t overthink it, just go out and play. Just. Be. You.” In other words, the Jets aren't going to put too much on Wilson's plate, even against the Lions' fantasy-friendly defense. This is going to be a triage-style mission. Get in, get out, avoid too much damage to the quarterback or offense. Garrett Wilson fantasy managers have to be praying for a big play or two to provide a WR2 day.

Oh boy...

MLF is about to handcuff the offense and play not to lose....this isn't good to hear

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

Gross.   Another do nothing and try nothing on offense until you are down by plan.  

• Upvote 1

It is game day. I am back from a week and Florida. I am tanned and rested. You know who else fits in that category?

Zach Wilson.
They took Zach out to Apollo's gym to help him find the Eye of the Tiger. Broke him down, to build him up. There is no tomorrow Zach.
The kid is going to ball out. 300 yards plus passing. The time off served him well. Jets Win!

Thanks for this Max .. mad my morning as France is in the middle of getting destroyed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

LOL

What fantasy? I have no clue how today's game is going to go. 

If you want to call rooting for a positive scenario a fantasy....so be it. 

Quinnen out. White out. Saleh already foreshadowing Zach’s struggles… yeah, hoping for a positive outcome is a fantasy. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

run, run, swing pass, run, run, run, 6 yard slant, run, swing pass, swing pass, run, run, run, run

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

Alright Zachapono, here's your chance, prove the haters wrong, take that job back and shoot Mike White into an oblivion and go get the Jets a W.

Basically this. I am a fan of whomever starts. But Zach needs to be solid today. Good. He can't be mediocre or bad. We are facing  a bad defense and if he is going to be the guy he needs to step up. I liked his attitude this week he seemed humbled but confident. Having said that LaFleur needs to change how he calls games for Zach.  Be aggressive, let him play. Use tempo. Would live to see us in hurry up.

BTW would rather watch Ponder and the rest discuss football than watch rhe World Cup. 

• Upvote 1