<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, undertow said:

run, run, swing pass, run, run, run, 6 yard slant, run, swing pass, swing pass, run, run, run, run

Wouldn’t be the worst thing, if it’s Bam up the middle and MC around the edges. If not, prepare for a lot of 3rd and 12.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Quinnen out. White out. Saleh already foreshadowing Zach’s struggles… yeah, hoping for a positive outcome is a fantasy. 

Predicting or expecting a positive outcome may be a fantasy.....but hope is just that....hope! 

Try it sometimes.....I promise you won't die if we get blownout today 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Predicting or expecting a positive outcome may be a fantasy.....but hope is just that....hope! 

Try it sometimes.....I promise you won't die if we get blownout today 

lol, I’m not here to have a semantic debate between hope and fantasy.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Wouldn’t be the worst thing, if it’s Bam up the middle and MC around the edges. If not, prepare for a lot of 3rd and 12.

If they can control the line and keep Detriot under 20 it's a good plan...I don't have a good feeling either of those things are happening tho.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

Jets coach Robert Saleh expects a "few things to crop up" with Zach Wilson in Sunday's start against the Lions.

Yikes. “Zach had a good week of practice," Saleh began optimistically, before getting real. "His mechanics are much better, but I do expect a few things to crop up today. I told him don’t overthink it, just go out and play. Just. Be. You.” In other words, the Jets aren't going to put too much on Wilson's plate, even against the Lions' fantasy-friendly defense. This is going to be a triage-style mission. Get in, get out, avoid too much damage to the quarterback or offense. Garrett Wilson fantasy managers have to be praying for a big play or two to provide a WR2 day.

hoo boy

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

Jets coach Robert Saleh expects a "few things to crop up" with Zach Wilson in Sunday's start against the Lions.

Yikes. “Zach had a good week of practice," Saleh began optimistically, before getting real. "His mechanics are much better, but I do expect a few things to crop up today. I told him don’t overthink it, just go out and play. Just. Be. You.” In other words, the Jets aren't going to put too much on Wilson's plate, even against the Lions' fantasy-friendly defense. This is going to be a triage-style mission. Get in, get out, avoid too much damage to the quarterback or offense. Garrett Wilson fantasy managers have to be praying for a big play or two to provide a WR2 day.

Translation: I can't believe I have to trot this guy out there in a game with playoff implications. We're probably F'd.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Realistically, I don’t think this team was making any kind of run, even if they sneak in to the playoffs, regardless of who the QB is.

But watching MW is at least fun.  And he’s somebody who doesn’t embarrass the team on or off the field.

Watching ZW skip bounce passes like John Stockton and try to play hero ball while prioritizing contact avoidance is like having a 3 hour root canal.

He could have a nice game today though. 

The Lions don’t have a great pass rush and their secondary is a mess.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just saw this.  Crazy.

He just said it won’t be perfect.  This place my god lol 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Imagine this being the best you can muster to endorse your franchise quarterback. “He hasn’t done the awful things he usually does during practice, hopefully he doesn’t do those awful things in the game.”

No need to imagine, it’s what it is 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If there was ever a game where the offense needed to ball out this is it.  What an opportunity for Zach wilson.  Can he rise to the occasion.

If he can't get motivated to win back the locker room and fan base today then we will all know he never had it to begin with. Thats why Saleh benching him was absolutely necessary.

• Upvote 3