<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

after GW catch at midfield the 46 seconds to go and a first down . had to call a  time out

they didnt and the clock run down to 25 seconds and 2nd down

that was bad

Very strange. Where do these guys learn there clock management from? I've never played pro ball or nothing but I've played enough Madden to know you take a ******* TO there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ausman said:

The DC called a dumb play at midfield and Mosley got lost to give up a 50 yard TD with less than 2:00 to play.  Some will pin this on Zach but they were up 17-13, so that’s not really true.  Too many mistakes:  Zach’s INT, special teams giving up a TD, that defensive call at the end instead of protecting.  Zach wasn’t consistent or good enough objectively but they were ahead and just making simple plays on defense would have run out the clock and won the game.

Furthermore, these are the little things that separate playoff teams from an also ran.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

How did he do today?  Going to give him a big pat on the back?

God bless you.

All this dumb talk because I called you out for hoping he gets injured.

‘And you keep doubling down with the nonsense.  You’re not quick enough to quit. Go root for injuries and I’ll call you classless every time. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Sounds like you're rooting for this

I don’t know, I just live my life based on facts and reality. It didn’t take a genius to figure out Lions were winning today. Jets are gonna lose to Jags as well, they can run up the score.

Maybe the Jets beat the Seahawks, but that’s in Seattle which is no picnic.

Chances are fairly high the Jets lose out, TBH

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You are dreaming. I want what you're shooting into your veins if you think that's true.  Worst QB in the league, played like the worst QB in the league. 2 sacks taken in the final drive? Amateur hour

Sacks in the clutch happens but if you can pull off the play to that’s needed then that’s what’s important …. We smoked Josh Allen in the final drive that first game…. If the defense didn’t give up a td or clock management was better your narrative here is moot

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Without the turnover, the TD ties the game for Detroit, not win it.  Very simple.

It’s not.  Your great D should hold a lead with 2 minutes left and your hc should understand clock management.  Lots of qbs throw one pick and it is not the end of the game.  The jets were winning with 2 minutes left.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He had one bone head pick .. but otherwise I give him B with some clutch plays.

Actual grade C+

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

A C+ is generous.  Made bad throws.  Took some bad sacks when he should have thrown the ball away.  Hit on some nice passes but the same old Wilson was on display today.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ZachStepdad said:

Sacks in the clutch happens but if you can pull off the play to that’s needed then that’s what’s important …. We smoked Josh Allen in the final drive that first game…. If the defense didn’t give up a td or clock management was better your narrative here is moot

You're blaming the defense!!! Give up and watch soccer

• Haha 1

Just now, choon328 said:

Just now, choon328 said:

Yes I’m blaming the defense….. some 3rd string bum TE first catch the entire game gets a game winning 60 yard td on the #3 defense in the NFL

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, ZachStepdad said:

Yes I’m blaming the defense….. some 3rd string bum TE first catch the entire game gets a game winning 60 yard td on the #3 defense in the NFL

So the defense has to play perfect entirely mistake free football so we can support Zach Wilson having a job. Ok, makes sense. Sounds like a winning formula. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s not.  Your great D should hold a lead with 2 minutes left and your hc should understand clock management.  Lots of qbs throw one pick and it is not the end of the game.  The jets were winning with 2 minutes left.  

Fair points.  If the INT wasn’t so atrociously bad, I’d probably agree with you.

• Haha 1

Zach takes the L and could of played better, but Mosley and the D handed over a 4 point lead late in the 4 Quarter. Really, Mosley fell asleep and dragged the wrong way, as a vet playing so many years on the league, he knows better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Ugh 1