<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson is probably not the Qb for this team.

HOWEVER,

We lost one game this year by 7 points on  a punt return on basically the last play.

We just lost a game by 3 with a punt return for a td.

I basically want Mann and Boyer to F'ck right off.

? “Probably”

Yes, but Wilson’s sh-t play factored into both ST plays and both losses

If they can get one 1st down, Mann isn’t punting out the back of his end zone 

If Wilson could keep a drive alive, they wouldn’t have had to punt 12 times in the 2nd NE game

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I think we're going to look back at the Breece Hall injury as that point in the season where things changed.  Kill LaFleur for the play calls, but this offense works when there is a running game, not with White attempting 50+ passes or Zach having to ad lib his way thru throughout the game...

We will be better next year. Much better.  Brown Tomlinson McGovern AVT Becton  Thats a load of an OL.  The WR's have another year under their belt regardless who is the QB.  Breece will be back, Knight and MC to back him up, Ruckert should be getting some play and I'm sure JD gets some other FA's in the mix and a pass rusher which incredibly we still need.  

• Upvote 2

The Jags just won on a pick 6 in OT. As for us I still think that White would have given us our best chance to win today. It would have been a more even and consistent offense. I think we’d have scored over 17. One thing that really hurt Zach was the poor running game esp Knight. Also not having Quinnen was a key factor no sacks today. He’s prob the best player on the team. But overall except that last play which was terrible their only touchdown before that was the punt return. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

So the defense has to play perfect entirely mistake free football so we can support Zach Wilson having a job. Ok, makes sense. Sounds like a winning formula. 

The defense was tasked to protect a lead late and predictably sh*t the bed yet again. It’s like we’re back with Rex… or Herm.

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

1-3 in his last 4 starts.

First 4 drives in second half....Int......Punt ....Punt.....Punt.......17 points against the supposed worst defense in the NFL against the pass....Takes 2 sacks on the final drive.......Misses wide open Berrios and Moore on final drive ......Threw a folly floater that somehow Carter caught but was a horrible decision........Reset....0-1 yards do not matter only wins right.....Yes defense and Saleh sh*t the bed in the 2 final drives but the D gave up 1 TD to the offensive juggernaut of Detroit and only allowed 13 points 3 of which was the horrible INT by Wilson while the horrible D of the Lions held our offense to a measly 17 points.......

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, doitny said:

if Zach got 300 White would have got 500. dont forget this was the 3rd worst defense in the NFL in yards, points and passing yards. 

oh and Zach completed 51% which is not better than White. Zach cannot be a NFL QB completing half his passes.

And ZW got in the EZ while in the RZ when MW didn’t.  These comparisons are useless, they mean nothing

• Upvote 2

Zach was the problem today as usual. Missing open guys. As much as I hate berrios and I saw all the plays he was at fault. He had that one play where if Zach hit him and somehow he caught it, I think he was gone. Game winning touch down.

Zach just missed him. 

Crazy anyone could defend Zach right now. Loses us the game again.

Berries gets so many looks when the game is on the line it's crazy. But in this game over all Zach was more to blame in spite of berries many blunders and being incapable of doing anything on special teams.

I really thought I was about to see berrios make up for dropping the game winner the other week with catching the game winner today. But Zach missed him and he probably drops it anyway

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas: "We need to play meanignful games in December!"

Loss, Loss, Loss   ?

Douglas fat ******* ass can eat a ******* dick, if he didnt completely botch his first 2 drafts, we may actually be playing respectable football. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

That was Moseley’s man who scored the winning TD.  That’s two weeks in a row this vet made a bonehead play at a key point in the game.  Has to be said.  Generally, he’s been good and snuffed out some plays, saved others.  But he guesses and gets overly aggressive.  Got burnt both times.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All this dumb talk because I called you out for hoping he gets injured.

‘And you keep doubling down with the nonsense.  You’re not quick enough to quit. Go root for injuries and I’ll call you classless every time. 

It'll be ok,  You will be wrong next week as well about how good your boy Zach is.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So the defense has to play perfect entirely mistake free football so we can support Zach Wilson having a job. Ok, makes sense. Sounds like a winning formula. 

Zach literally got us the lead with the sneak that called back then threw a td next play he literally did his job …. Defense did their job the whole game and the one time they didn’t while we have a lead the sh*t the bed and lost us the game …. The loss not on Zach …. If you want to nitpick it’s on the coaches with time management and the defense in the 4th qtr

• Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 2

3 minutes ago, Thesilvermind said:

A good OCordinator would program game to Zacs strength 

Zac and Laflower. Not a good combo

game was lost by botching time outs, punt return and Mosley getting lost

Zach will not work in any offense bc he can't throw in rhythm or with anticipation. He makes plays when things break down. You can't run a competent offense if that's the only thing your QB has to offer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

if Zach got 300 White would have got 500. dont forget this was the 3rd worst defense in the NFL in yards, points and passing yards. 

oh and Zach completed 51% which is not better than White. Zach cannot be a NFL QB completing half his passes.

White has a 6.2 y/a the past 2 games. Today Zach was over 9. Comp % isn’t the only thing that matters. 

Vikings have a trash defense too and white put up 54% comp % and 0 tds. 

I don’t think either should be locked in as the starter next year, but this Zach hate and white praise is unreal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

? “Probably”

Yes, but Wilson’s sh-t play factored into both ST plays and both losses

If they can get one 1st down, Mann isn’t punting out the back of his end zone 

If Wilson could keep a drive alive, they wouldn’t have had to punt 12 times in the 2nd NE game

Jebuus chrtist, people blaming the QB for punt returns now.

Some of you dunces realize that by blaming the poor QB play for EVERYTHING that you excuse the defense spitting the bit, the kick coverage for stinking the running game for getting stuffed and the horrible time management by the coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1