<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, ZachStepdad said:

Zach literally got us the lead with the sneak that called back then threw a td next play he literally did his job …. Defense did their job the whole game and the one time they didn’t while we have a lead the sh*t the bed and lost us the game …. The loss not on Zach …. If you want to nitpick it’s on the coaches with time management and the defense in the 4th qtr

Delusional. This was all on zach again. Unable to hit wide open guys over and over.

No way around that.

Other teams going to score. You have to be able to score too

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And ZW got in the EZ while in the RZ when MW didn’t.  These comparisons are useless, they mean nothing

and how many RZ did we have today? maybe 2. not sure but White gets us there more giving us more chances to score. 

so what comparisons mean something to you? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

White has a 6.2 y/a the past 2 games. Today Zach was over 9. Comp % isn’t the only thing that matters. 

Vikings have a trash defense too and white put up 54% comp % and 0 tds. 

I don’t think either should be locked in as the starter next year, but this Zach hate and white praise is unreal. 

White is a 5th round backup and ZW is a #2 pick. White is better. What is the argument? Total whiff by Joe Douglas. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

White has a 6.2 y/a the past 2 games. Today Zach was over 9. Comp % isn’t the only thing that matters. 

Vikings have a trash defense too and white put up 54% comp % and 0 tds. 

I don’t think either should be locked in as the starter next year, but this Zach hate and white praise is unreal. 

cause White makes the easy passes. Zach makes the harder ones on a pray. 

there killing Zach on the post game. my guess is Zach will get killed everywhere this week. its not just us here. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

? “Probably”

Yes, but Wilson’s sh-t play factored into both ST plays and both losses

If they can get a 1st down, Mann isn’t punting out the back of his end zone 

If the defense didn't let them march to the endzone in the first drive with little resistance, Wilson wouldn't have been backed up. 

If LaFleur called different plays, it might have resulted in a first down.

If any player on special teams had made a tackle, it wouldn't have resulted in a TD. 

You can point at any player or unit and blame away what actually happened in the game. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

and how many RZ did we have today? maybe 2. not sure but White gets us there more giving us more chances to score. 

so what comparisons mean something to you? 

2 for 2 is better than 0 for 6 no matter how you slice it.  Just saying the comparisons make 0 sense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

cause White makes the easy passes. Zach makes the harder ones on a pray. 

there killing Zach on the post game. my guess is Zach will get killed everywhere this week. its not just us here. 

No doubt it gets views/clicks. Was Zach great today? No he wasn’t. Was he bad? Nope. It wasn’t his fault for the loss he played fine. Very similar to white over the last couple weeks. A big difference is that he had 2 tds while white has 0 over 2 games 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We've seen Zach's potential. It's make one play, f*ck up five after.

I'm done. Completely done with him. Let him go to third world countries to convert people. F*ck him. F*ck him, sideways.

"How did you do today Zach?"

"Not bad. Converted one local to the Mormonism, the other stabbed me in the eye"

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

third straight week Saleh was outcoached down the stretch 

Zach failed the audition 

Have to agree that Wilson failed the audition.  Not like the Lions were a top notch team.  Game was winnable.  Defense didn’t play well but a good offensive showing should have won this game.  Didn’t get that and Wilson was part of the problem.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

It'll be ok,  You will be wrong next week as well about how good your boy Zach is.  

What you don’t seem to understand is if even he was as bad as you think he was you don’t root for players to get injured.   And how dumb it is to keep arguing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Have to agree that Wilson failed the audition.  Not like the Lions were a top notch team.  Game was winnable.  Defense didn’t play well but a good offensive showing should have won this game.  Didn’t get that and Wilson was part of the problem.

Bottom line he missed 2 open guys st the end and hitting one of them likely changes the outcome. Just a maddeningly frustratingly inconsistent player. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He had one bone head pick .. but otherwise I give him B with some clutch plays.

Actual grade C+

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think you’re being too hard on him. He played pretty well today, all things considered.

Someone else here (I think it was @BurntDice?) said it best… if MW put up his numbers today we’d be praising him.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think you’re being too hard on him. He played pretty well today, all things considered.

Someone else here (I think it was @BurntDice?) said it best… if MW put up his numbers today we’d be praising him.

It’s not about the numbers.  It’s about the quality of play.  Same bad throws.  Same poor decisions.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Despite Zach’s very uneven play, the game was there to be won by our defense.

about as brutal a loss as you can have

The defense was on the field all day. Mormon Timberlake couldn't sustain a drive to save his life. Mike White wins this game.

• Post of the Week 2

Second year of a rebuild of a team that three years ago would have had trouble winning a game in the CFL.  Difference between playoff team and a team close but not quite ready — just as with a player including a QB — is the little things:  one, two, three mistakes that if they didn’t occur you win a close game instead of losing one, make the playoffs or don’t.  They’re closer than I thought they’d be in year 2, but not yet.  Still, big steps in just two years.  Still could run the table and make it interesting but it shouldn’t be expected.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

3 days is just enough time to get over the loss and dream about playoff scenarios and then the Jags will come in on Thursday and put me out of my misery.  At least it'll be quick. 

I think what hurts most is you can't help but notice the passes ZW missed on today that MW would have hit on we probably would have won 31-20.

• Upvote 2