<<<<<<< Jets vs Lions -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, bd71 said:

It’s not about the numbers.  It’s about the quality of play.  Same bad throws.  Same poor decisions.  

No argument, and trust me, I have very little faith in Zach Wilson.

That doesn’t make what I said wrong though. If MW put up those same numbers today we wouldn’t be saying what we are about Zach in this thread. Especially after that 4th quarter drive to take the lead.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bd71 said:

It’s not about the numbers.  It’s about the quality of play.  Same bad throws.  Same poor decisions.  

If you think this is the same as he’s played for most of the year then you need to get your eyes checked.  He was very bad most of the year. Today he was at or above the mike white standard. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

No argument, and trust me, I have very little faith in Zach Wilson.

That doesn’t make what I said wrong though. If MW put up those same numbers today we wouldn’t be saying what we are about Zach in this thread. Especially after that 4th quarter drive to take the lead.

The board would be praising white for being clutch and converting in the red zone.

• Upvote 1

I’m a Mike White guy. I think It’s a long shot that Zach is even an average starter, but I don’t put this one on Zach. Defense was brutal that last drive. This was the second time we gave up a punt return td and salah waited too long for the timeouts. Zach, while not great, in my opinion did enough

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

Just now, BurntDice said:

If you think this is the same as he’s played for most of the year then you need to get your eyes checked.  He was very bad most of the year. Today he was at or above the mike white standard. 

No, he has never played as good as MW ever. He missed wide open wrs all day that would have kept us in FG range ALL DAY LONG.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetlaw said:

I’m a Mike White guy. I think It’s a long shot that Zach is even an average starter, but I don’t put this one on Zach. Defense was brutal that last drive. This was the second time we gave up a punt return td and salah waited too long for the timeouts. Zach, while not great, in my opinion did enough

Defense was good all day, they just got caught in the wrong D on the 4th and short and it cost them. If Z had scored a few points early on it wouldn't have even mattered.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He is the back up. He put up 300 yards 2 TDs. He got us the lead late in the game. He drove us to FG range to tie. He did enough considering he is the backup 

I don’t care if he threw for 400 yards.  I saw the same mistakes prior to him being inactive.  Plus, the launch (not going to say it was even a throw) that Carter caught was down right awful.  If not for a great play by Carter, that play would still be discussed.

1 minute ago, bd71 said:

I don’t care if he threw for 400 yards.  I saw the same mistakes prior to him being inactive.  Plus, the launch (not going to say it was even a throw) that Carter caught was down right awful.  If not for a great play by Carter, that play would still be discussed.

No one is arguing if Wilson is a FQB. You are stuck trying to continue that argument. He is the backup QB. He did about as much as you hope a backup QB does for you. 

39 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol he’s always only played well enough to win, because usually our stellar D bails him out. But was bad as usual. 

The D was awful today -  not sure how you can think they were anything close to stellar. Scored twice on us when it really mattered without breaking a sweat. They dominated time of possession because we couldn't get off the field. Whenever we score we NEVER get the ball back quickly.

10 minutes ago, jetlaw said:

This is correct. But, rightfully so, everyone is frustrated, and it’s much easier to blame it on the team scapegoat than it is to list off every small mistake that actually cost them the game.

this went down as an average QB performance, below average defensive play (especially during key moments), atrocious special teams, and inexcusable clock management to close out the game

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Defense was good all day, they just got caught in the wrong D on the 4th and short and it cost them. If Z had scored a few points early on it wouldn't have even mattered.

You can say that about a lot of games.  Not every opportunity is converted and yes, what happens earlier in games is just as important as what happens later to produce the result.  I just see the Jets as almost but not quite there.  Perfect illustration: Buf beat Lions at the end in a close one.  Jets lost at the end in an equally close game.

18 minutes ago, bd71 said:

He was hit as he was throwing and it floated up in the air and Carter made a great catch to creat a reception.  So what, there were actual bad throws in the game.  

No way your defensive alignment late in the 4Q should allow anyone to catch a 5 yard pass and rumble the rest of the 45 into the end zone.  I like aggressive D but at that point in the game your mindset with a 4 point lead and 2:00 to play has to be to just prevent a TD.  Shooting gaps and selling out to stop an expected run on 4th and 1 at the 50 is not a smart play.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

“It’s all about winning”

ZW is 1-3 in his last 4 games

And Mike White is 1-2 in his last 3 while throwing zero TD’s in the two losses.

The dude looked good against a sh*tty Bears team without Justin Fields.

And now he’s hurt again…

Why anyone wants either of these guys as the starter next year is beyond me.

Rodgers, Brady, Garoppolo, Carr…whatever. Just go get one.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He is the back up. He put up 300 yards 2 TDs. He got us the lead late in the game. He drove us to FG range to tie. He did enough considering he is the backup 

Hahahaha, where do you get the energy for this sh*t?

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

No way your defensive alignment late in the 4Q should allow anyone to catch a 5 yard pass and rumble the rest of the 45 into the end zone.  I like aggressive D but at that point in the game your mindset with a 4 point lead and 2:00 to play has to be to just prevent a TD.  Shooting gaps and selling out to stop an expected run on 4th and 1 at the 50 is not a smart play.  

Further on this, Moseley said they were in man D.  Postgame said it was Williams’ man who leaked out, caught pass and scored.  But play took advantage of Jets D’s youth and inexperience by calling plays that require familiarity and communication to execute.  On that play, communication failed when Williams noticed the fake handoff and targeted the QB.  A more experienced squad would have made sure Williams’ assigned man was covered by someone else.  Didn’t happen.  Good call by Lions OC.