Fire Robert Saleh

I don’t fire Saleh off of 2022. He should have and I think admitted he should have used a TO. He was actually lucky the refs allowed him to call that one with one sec left. But Zeurlein is capable of kicking a 58 yarder. A shorter kick yeah a better shot but the team made plays on offense and were in a position to tie the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i wouldn't hate if they hired Payton

Saleh really hasn't gotten better.  The defense did but that will happen after you suck the year before and get to pick 4th in draft (Sauce) not to mention having one of the best DL in league on contract year.  Without those two this defense be in last again.  Without Breece offense would have been same sh*tty offense as last season.

Plus he was part of the decision making to find QB and he was in charge of his development.  failed on both counts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

Saleh needs a 2-3 week timeout. Just like Moore and Zach. 

Yes, he absolutely choked on that last drive.  There is no other way to describe what happened.  

He should absolutely bench himself for a week or two - or at worst apologize to the team for his choke job.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That's my point though. I actually think they lost it on the plays not the clock. Even with the clock at 30 seconds, they still could have pecked away into better FG range with the timeouts. 30 seconds with all your TO's, at the 50, at home, is plenty to work with to get 3. The bomb they threw on first was way more egregious than anything they did with the clock IMO. Absolutely no need for that there.

Listen the one yard pass that the Detroit TE took and ran for a 50 yard td was inexcusable. I agree with you on the decision making too. But all season I’ve had issues with no sense of urgency (several games this season late and behind) and horrendous clock management. I’m not saying fire the guy. I’m saying wtf are you thinking? It’s like he puts all his eggs in one basket and if that doesn’t work.. derp oh well. Saleh has to think outside the box. I’m just a stupid JN poster and I find myself screaming at the tv “hurry up” and “call a timeout “ our opposing coaches always seem to be one step ahead of us on clock management. Saleh has to take responsibility for that, if he considers himself a professional coach.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BP said:

Saleh has to take responsibility for that, if he considers himself a professional coach.

Yes, this is the basics of the job.  There are a lot of complications that go with being an NFL head coach, but the very basics is clock management.

it's kinda like Zach Wilson having trouble throwing a hitch pass....If you can't do the very basic stuff you're ulatimely going to struggle with everything else.

Saleh today was as bad as I've ever seen it.  We've had some bad clock management but this was absurd.  I mean 1 minute left, 3 TO's - 20 yard gain and we're running to the LOS.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, this is the basics of the job.  There are a lot of complications that go with being an NFL head coach, but the very basics is clock management.

it's kinda like Zach Wilson having trouble throwing a hitch pass....If you can't do the very basic stuff you're ulatimely going to struggle with everything else.

Saleh's today was as bad as I've ever seen it.  We're had some bad clock management but this was absurd.  I mean 1 minute left, 3 TO's - 20 yard gain and we're running to the LOS.  

Yep, he has to answer to this and hold himself accountable as he would one of the players. And most importantly learn from his mistakes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

The clock management is one thing but the selling out on 4th and inches w/ no one paying attention for the big go win the play slide out the back door obviousness is even more egregious for a defensive coach.  And why sell out like that any way?  They need a TD and had yet to score one on offense on the day.  I get trying to win the game there but it's 4th and inches vs. an elite OL.

Reminds me of that time Rex sent the kitchen sink at Tebow that one Thursday night game and he walks into the EZ for the game winning TD

• Upvote 2

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

He didn’t in the post game. It’s like he didn’t even know the score 

That’s embarrassing and a tell tale sign he’s clueless.

I follow the Jets on IG and there seems to have been this great feeling in the building after losing two games in a row. Losing should be unacceptable, and that should come from the head coach. All they seem to be obsessed with is which rookie is getting the belt… who gives a **** about that? Win games

• Upvote 1

Absolutely not. For a 2nd year team and working with an offense that is mostly backup personnel. He’s done an amazing job. Not to mention the culture change and how many. Is he’s have we had that been able to adjust so well in the 2nd half. Todd Bowles? Rex Ryan? ADAM GASE?? This team shows progress and growth and will continue to do so. Very proud to be a jets fan of this particular team.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He didn’t in the post game. It’s like he didn’t even know the score 

Actually I did hear him say he could have done better with clock management, which is a start. But last week against buffalo when they were behind late in the game they were taking their time and huddling up (no sense of urgency)

also the lions were daring the jets to throw the ball in the beginning of the game and it took them forever to make adjustments on offense.

8 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Worst clock management I have ever seen.   Down three with 1:45 left and three timeouts you can lose for sure but you can’t run out of time.  Almost impossible.   Still can’t figure out how they did it. N

They thought it was over. They called a hail mary that Zach changed up into his bush league across the field lucky connect to EM. Bowles was the worst clock manager in Jet history.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TNJet said:

They thought it was over. They called a hail mary that Zach changed up into his bush league across the field lucky connect to EM. Bowles was the worst clock manager in Jet history.

So all the missed passes are proof he sucks and all the completed passes are luck.

Keeping score for all those that think long passes are good plays

Not sure what the deal with this OP is, but the NYJ coach's decision not to call a TO at the 1:10 mark was astoundingly bad.

I watched the highlights (I cannot be bothered any longer to watch a poorly run/managed team any more, life's too short and 50 years of doing so was quite enough) and couldn't believe they were letting the clock run down with so much yardage needed to get to FG range.

From the hilights, it looked like the Jets OL is putrid, not that ZW is the 2nd coming of Steve Young (or Marino, Elway, Warren Moon or even Ken O'Brien, for that matter), but he had no running game or OL to work with.  This team has a lot of flaws and it seems ZW is the latest whipping boy for them, even if he deserves a lot of criticism - he is not the coach or GM.

• WTF? 1

IMHO, the clock management that Saleh showed at the end of the game is "unacceptable".  Does that mean he should be fired immediately?  No.  However, he should take responsibility internally that he f*cked up and should never let it happen again.  If the Jet's don't make it to the playoff this year and next, then this issue is definitely a consideration in deciding if he should be fired in the future.

The sh*tty thing about clock management screwups is that they are self-inflicted wounds that are totally unnecessary.  Fans who haven't played or coached football after they turned 20 years old know what to do and what not to do.  How the hell do coaches that spend their entire life in football not know to call a timeout after a 15-20 yard gain with three timeouts left and the game on the line?

As a coach, there is so much that you can't dictate.  Players make mistakes and are beaten physically by the other team (they get paid too).  Crappy penalties are called / not called at inappropriate moments.  Injuries happen to your star players.  Subordinates might not follow your instructions correctly. You have no control over these issues.

Clock management (especially if you don't call the offensive or defensive plays) is one of the only things during the game that you truly have control over.  When you f*ck that up, then you have to realize that the loss is on you as much as anyone- no matter what happened before in the game.  You didn't put your team into the best position to win.  That is your main job as a coach.  You can talk about culture change all you want, but if you screw up on the most basic principle with the game on the line, then it's on you. 

If the jets had called a timeout or two and were able to run 2-3 more plays and they still don't score - so be it.  At least Saleh would have given the Jets the best chance to win.  This is what is so frustrating and made this the "Same Old Jetsiest" loss of the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

Listen the one yard pass that the Detroit TE took and ran for a 50 yard td was inexcusable. I agree with you on the decision making too. But all season I’ve had issues with no sense of urgency (several games this season late and behind) and horrendous clock management. I’m not saying fire the guy. I’m saying wtf are you thinking? It’s like he puts all his eggs in one basket and if that doesn’t work.. derp oh well. Saleh has to think outside the box. I’m just a stupid JN poster and I find myself screaming at the tv “hurry up” and “call a timeout “ our opposing coaches always seem to be one step ahead of us on clock management. Saleh has to take responsibility for that, if he considers himself a professional coach.

Or at least just admit it and hire someone whose sole job it is to suggest time management options through the ear piece at pivotal moments.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So all the missed passes are proof he sucks and all the completed passes are luck.

Keeping score for all those that think long passes are good plays

The mongos will be out in full force this week. My advice is most of us should just step aside and let them tire themselves out.

• Upvote 3