Fire Robert Saleh

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

So. You want to fire Saleh now also? 

is that what i said? people are pointing their fingers at the qb, the defense, the specials. at the end of the day, with all the mistakes and errant throws, the jets were in a good position to at least tie the game with the simplest of all coaching duties. time management

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The mongos will be out in full force this week. My advice is most of us should just step aside and let them tire themselves out.

He had 315 yards, 2TDs and was sacked 3 times. 
People are crying for Fields. 150 yards, 2 TDS and 6 sacks.

Isnt this what they were complaining about from Zach?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

An NFL head coach cannot botch clock management to the extent we just witnessed. That is completely unacceptable. 

This season Saleh hired a game management coach.  It didn't help.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/dan-shamash

DAN SHAMASH returns to the New York Jets after joining Robert Saleh's staff as the situational football/game management coordinator on February 1, 2022.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, usapaw said:

Yeah, he is going to be here next year and he has earned that, to date.  This is/was a god awful football team and he has us at .500. We are all not happy but they are hitting the wall. A very young team. patience is hard. 

It is very funny when people preach patience to Jets fans of all people.

My favorite Jets memory is listening to my dad talk about Joe Namath.

Jets fans are the most patient fans in sport.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ylekram said:

is that what i said? people are pointing their fingers at the qb, the defense, the specials. at the end of the day, with all the mistakes and errant throws, the jets were in a good position to at least tie the game with the simplest of all coaching duties. time management

I have no idea what you said, or why, to be honest.

You’ve quoted me twice in this thread, and I still don’t have a clue why you did the first time.
It’s like you’re having an argument with yourself but feel a need to do it in front of me.

I’m not even involved in it… nor do I want to be.

• Haha 2

Honestly I was just astonished they got the play to Moore and then got the TO with 1 sec left.  It was very frustrating but if Zach could have thrown the ball to any of the myriad open receivers he chucked it past on various routes only to get wildly lucky on crazy misdirection schoolyard tosses, a crazy underthrow that GW saved and that dying duck that MC1 pulled out of the air.  The D letting the TE make them look like morons and the ST's doing their bipolar punt coverage act made the entire team pretty well all a part of the loss.  Oline couldn't block anything and without QW the Dline is meh except for Bryce and he couldn't do anything.  All in all this reads more and more like the J-E-T-S just got out-everythinged, except penalties.  for once, few penalties on us.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Origen said:

Honestly I was just astonished they got the play to Moore and then got the TO with 1 sec left.  It was very frustrating but if Zach could have thrown the ball to any of the myriad open receivers he chucked it past on various routes only to get wildly lucky on crazy misdirection schoolyard tosses, a crazy underthrow that GW saved and that dying duck that MC1 pulled out of the air.  The D letting the TE make them look like morons and the ST's doing their bipolar punt coverage act made the entire team pretty well all a part of the loss.  Oline couldn't block anything and without QW the Dline is meh except for Bryce and he couldn't do anything.  All in all this reads more and more like the J-E-T-S just got out-everythinged, except penalties.  for once, few penalties on us.

But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He had 315 yards, 2TDs and was sacked 3 times. 
People are crying for Fields. 150 yards, 2 TDS and 6 sacks.

Isnt this what they were complaining about from Zach?

It doesn't matter.  At this point it's clear no matter what Zach does it will be viewed as a disaster and what just about any other QB in the NFL will be viewed as good.  

Like no other QB's miss throws, or throw INT's or get sacked.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:
38 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So. You want to fire Saleh now also? 

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I have no idea what you said, or why, to be honest.

You’ve quoted me twice in this thread, and I still don’t have a clue why you did the first time.
It’s like you’re having an argument with yourself but feel a need to do it in front of me.

I’m not even involved in it… nor do I want to be.

Might be the dumbest thread all year, and you got it in just under the wire. Congrats.

@Maxman is there an award for this?

you know why i quoted you.dont play stupid. dont worry. wont happen again

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t worry, you still have a seat at the cool kids table

Generally the most intelligent posters here (if being correct is indeed linked to intelligence) have been the most vilified and derided.

Therefore, I choose the table for “trolls,” “haters,” and “pretend Jets fans.”

39 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

This season Saleh hired a game management coach.  It didn't help.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/dan-shamash

DAN SHAMASH returns to the New York Jets after joining Robert Saleh's staff as the situational football/game management coordinator on February 1, 2022.

i told him not to eat that beefy bean burrito before the game....did he listen

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

That is what so frustrating about this game - and every other game I watch where coaches screw up time management at the end.  Having never coached at anything higher than youth sports, I'd imagine that managing personalities, installing gameplans, pushing the right buttons to get all the players on the same page and to play to the best of their abilities, gametime adjustments, and other coaching duties are extremely difficult to do well. 

Game management is the easiest job they have.  When they fail at end-of-game situations it's mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Generally the most intelligent posters here (if being correct is indeed linked to intelligence) have been the most vilified and derided.

Therefore, I choose the table for “trolls,” “haters,” and “pretend Jets fans.”

f*ck yeah! - trolls master race unite 

image.thumb.png.ec421c724d838ca14196a96eb20c60c0.png