This is not on Zach.

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Issue is that MW cooks a bad Detroit secondary today with precision. Not a question in my mind. We win by 10+. Defense was letdown by inconsistent offensive play. Defense on the field too much — especially first half. That matters at the end of the game. 

Defense held one of the hottest teams in the league to 14 points including stuffing them for zero when they were gifted field position by a turnover. Yet somehow this loss is their fault… ok…

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Defense held one of the hottest teams in the league to 14 points including stuffing them for zero when they were gifted field position by a turnover. Yet somehow this loss is their fault… ok…

Yeah this was like a re-run of every game under Rex. Same type of game. Same inconsistency on offense. MW changes that equation just by moving the ball, giving defense rest and flipping the field continually. 

There’s a ton of blame to go around, but late in games is when you putt for dough. Mosley can not under any circumstance drag and leave his man that wide open, just can’t, especially at that point in the game. He knew it when he got to the sideline it was on him. Your up by 4 with 4 minutes left, you have to slam the door on the Lions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

There’s a ton of blame to go around, but late in games is when you putt for dough. Mosley can not under any circumstance drag and leave his man that wide open, just can’t, especially at that point in the game. He knew it when he got to the sideline it was on him. Your up by 4 with 4 minutes left, you have to slam the door on the Lions.

Meh when the D holds a good offense to 14, their level of blame isn’t even worthy of a comment IMHO. So they broke down one series, bad timing sure, but the offense broke down on many series over the course of the game just one of which could’ve changed the outcome. I think it’s just recency bias because that was near the end of the game. A natural reaction, but not logical (again IMHO).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Yep. Brightest lights matter the most and 6 at the end is worth more than 6 at the beginning. There's a reason efficiency stats always weight stuff that happens at the end. Nobody thinks Brady is the greatest because of all those first quarter touchdown drives.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yep. Brightest lights matter the most and 6 at the end is worth more than 6 at the beginning. There's a reason efficiency stats always weight stuff that happens at the end. Nobody thinks Brady is the greatest because of all those first quarter touchdown drives.

Spot on, and to be fair, Mosley butchered that last play, not the entire D. It’s hard to blame 1 guy on D as it is with the QB, but he completely dragged the wrong way and his guy scored.

15 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He couldn’t drive the Jets down the field to tie the game, I believe he went 3 and out. Against Minnesota, 1 for 7 in the Red Zone and had the ball I believe around the 25 and couldn’t get in the end zone at the end of the game.

Oh is that how it went down 

Meh when the D holds a good offense to 14, their level of blame isn’t even worthy of a comment IMHO. So they broke down one series, bad timing sure, but the offense broke down on many series over the course of the game just one of which could’ve changed the outcome. I think it’s just recency bias because that was near the end of the game. A natural reaction, but not logical (again IMHO).

To be fair, as I just mentioned, Mosley was the guy to blame there not the entire D. Even so, plays at end of games, always shine brightest, that’s what this game is built on. Different sport, but I always remember Robert Horry clutch at end of games “Big Shot Rob” who knows what he did the first 3 1/2 quarters, but you remember his shots at end of games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

To be fair, as I just mentioned, Mosley was the guy to blame there not the entire D. Even so, plays at end of games, always shine brightest, that’s what this game is built on. Different sport, but I always remember Robert Horry clutch at end of games “Big Shot Rob” who knows what he did the first 3 1/2 quarters, but you remember his shots at end of games.

Yeah let’s just say anecdotal evidence based on what people remember (that’s the definition of recency bias, FYI) doesn’t do it for me and leave it at that. Thank you for responding, though. Have an upvote :)  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Spot on, and to be fair, Mosley butchered that last play, not the entire D. It’s hard to blame 1 guy on D as it is with the QB, but he completely dragged the wrong way and his guy scored.

Tbh I've been torn after seeing the replay. Lions really pulled that play off beautifully. You can see Mosley biting on the play action as a result of Wright selling it well. Carter also gets smoked and not having anyone else to cover the weakside is kind of inexcusable because I think Goff's stats are he's left to middle of the field like almost all of the time. Everyone in bit on the run and everyone back bit on the deep ball. Just a complete breakdown for the whole unit and the fact that it was on 4th and inches just makes it even more Jetsy.

Tbh I've been torn after seeing the replay. Lions really pulled that play off beautifully. You can see Mosley biting on the play action as a result of Wright selling it well. Carter also gets smoked and not having anyone else to cover the weakside is kind of inexcusable because I think Goff's stats are he's left to middle of the field like almost all of the time. Everyone in bit on the run and everyone back bit on the deep ball. Just a complete breakdown for the whole unit and the fact that it was on 4th and inches just makes it even more Jetsy.

They did, Carter stinks as of late, similar to the Jets at the goal line throwing the pass to the TE.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm aware this was about Mosley, but it reminds me of ZW -

I know he made some hero throws at the end, and a few throughout the game, but the offense just looks so much more choppy with him at QB.

He's the Harvey Dent of quarterbacking. 

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah let’s just say anecdotal evidence based on what people remember (that’s the definition of recency bias, FYI) doesn’t do it for me and I disagree entirely and leave it at that. Thank you for responding, though. Have an upvote :)  

It's not anecdotal though. FO factors this into everything they do. Anything multivariate for any sport does. The more proportionate knowledge of the potential outcome gets to the player's actions the more accurately you can judge efficiency since they're playing towards a known outcome. 

Funnily enough the one guy who seemed to remain anomalous for this in all the sports was Kobe. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not anecdotal though. FO factors this into everything they do. Anything multivariate for any sport does. The more proportionate knowledge of the potential outcome gets to the player's actions the more accurately you can judge efficiency since they're playing towards a known outcome. 

Funnily enough the one guy who seemed to remain anomalous for this in any of sports was Kobe. 

I don’t care what FO does. I am impervious to logical fallacies.

(by the way that’s a joke since it contains one)

9 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You may need to revisit kindergarten to learn 5-3 is greater than 1-2!

Mike White is in the pro bowl and the Jets are 9-5 at a MINIMUM if he got the same opportunities as ZW this year. There’s also a chance MW would be on IR — but I digress.

All I know is ZW would’ve melted in the cauldron of Buffalo 2 weeks ago and MW took every shot and never blinked. 

6 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You may need to revisit kindergarten to learn 5-3 is greater than 1-2!

Thinking that Zach Wilson’s W-L record (a team stat) has any meaningful bearing on who the better QB is confirms the level of debate you bring to the table on this.

You've lost already.  

In the sense that he got them to 17-13 with under 2:00 to play, you’re right.   But he also threw a bad INT that produced the ultimate 3 point margin.  He had an horrendous 3rd Q where better play would have given the Jets more room for error.  However, it’s a team game and special teams gave up 7 points and the D uncharacteristically and inexplicably had a defensive set that allowed a 5 yard pass to turn into a 50 yard TD late.  The coaching staff misused the 3 TOs at the end forcing a low percentage 57 yard FG attempt for a tie and OT.  The Jets play fiercely and well but make unfortunate mistakes at key times.  That’s what teams and players not quite ready for prime time do.  The Jets are closer than they have been for a long time, but may not be there just yet.  The next 3 games will be telling.

• Upvote 1

Thinking that Zach Wilson’s W-L record (a team stat) has any meaningful bearing on who the better QB is confirms the level of debate you bring to the table on this.
You've lost already.  

Team stat? Wins and losses are assigned to QB’s. Brady has 35 career playoff wins and multiple super bowl wins, does he credit for this wins plus his regular season wins?

Yeah the Zach v. Mike arguments are getting pretty stale.  Zach is skittish, terribly inaccurate, inconsistent.  Mike looks good for one game and then breaks and never gets seen again.  We need to just bring in a legit FA QB to win the job or make someone win it for real for once.  Either way, it's annoying to read so many times.