This is not on Zach.

14 hours ago, doitny said:

thats why some people here make me laugh. they expect the defense to stand on its head every week and one mistake and its there fault. but the offense scores 17 and has a QB who completes half his passes and there not the sole reason we lost. 

the QB is bad for most of the game but one mistake by the defense and its like...hey its there fault too.

Meanwhile the D had a legitimately rough day (at least for their standards) against the Vikings but those same folks don't talk about that because Mike White was under center.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dumb dumb im not apologizing.

Everyone has their limits and mine was reached today with this awful mess called wilson

Yet because our "limits" were reached before yours we were "cowards" and "pu$$ies" with which you'd never want to share a foxhole?

Kindly GFY.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet because our "limits" were reached before yours we were "cowards" and "pu$$ies" with which you'd never want to share a foxhole?

Kindly GFY.  

Oh I remember that one. Kind of. Dont quite remember the context but it had something to do with winning repeatedly and having to listent to hysterical crybabies whine nonstop about it. Not whining about losing, but whining about winning.

In the end youre still wrong. You had zero patience to properly evaluate a qb. You were willing to quit way too early. Some would say I quit on him way to early, and they might be right. But you quit way way way too early. Glad you're not the GM.

Take your loss, your whining and general lack of nuts and go away

Mike Francesa slams Jets, points fingers for ‘terrible’ loss

Terrible loss for the Jets. Lot of blame to go around: Wilson has no pocket awareness, no footwork, no touch and no clue. The head coach has to use his TOs and have better command of his defense. The ‘D’ can’t give up a TD in that spot. It can’t break down. It is better than that

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/12/mike-francesa-slams-jets-points-fingers-for-terrible-loss-photos.html

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Opening drive. Defense SLEEPWALKS through a whole drive and - all is forgiven and forgotten with a goal line stand?

Our compromised offense started the game at its own 2 yard line - can’t run the ball an inch - and ultimately we’re punting from the 1-inch line … and all we can talk about is Zach Wilson (who isn’t even our starting quarterback any more)?

The whole team did not rise to the occasion and - frankly - ZW played well enough to secure a win, or at least that tie. 

did they score? no, then its forgiven. but maybe they should have let them score, they left poor Zach at the 1 yd line. 

Zach Wilson is our starting QB for the rest of this year and maybe next year. that "well enough" game you speak of is the excuse they were looking for to start him the rest of the way even if White gets cleared in a week or 2. and since JAX doent have a good defense i expect the same from Zach. some deep throws and 50% completions and everyone will sing his praises. then there is no way he doesnt finish the season

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

did they score? no, then its forgiven. but maybe they should have let them score, they left poor Zach at the 1 yd line. 

Zach Wilson is our starting QB for the rest of this year and maybe next year. that "well enough" game you speak of is the excuse they were looking for to start him the rest of the way even if White gets cleared in a week or 2. and since JAX doent have a good defense i expect the same from Zach. some deep throws and 50% completions and everyone will sing his praises. then there is no way he doesnt finish the season

If i remember correctly against Buffalo at least twice the compromised offense started at the 2 yard line or so because of Berrios and his not fielding punts and almost getting hit with one that fortunately ended up as a touchback........Guess what both times White lead them out of the hole with first downs so we did not have to punt in the shadow of our goal line something that did not happen yesterday and almost a crippling INT on the slant thrown behind Mims on third down......

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Oh I remember that one. Kind of. Dont quite remember the context but it had something to do with winning repeatedly and having to listent to hysterical crybabies whine nonstop about it. Not whining about losing, but whining about winning.

In the end youre still wrong. You had zero patience to properly evaluate a qb. You were willing to quit way too early. Some would say I quit on him way to early, and they might be right. But you quit way way way too early. Glad you're not the GM.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

lmao.  So I quit too early on a dogsh*t QB and was wrong but you quit right on time and were right.  Nice.  That's a new one!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TBJ said:

Mike Francesa slams Jets, points fingers for ‘terrible’ loss

Terrible loss for the Jets. Lot of blame to go around: Wilson has no pocket awareness, no footwork, no touch and no clue. The head coach has to use his TOs and have better command of his defense. The ‘D’ can’t give up a TD in that spot. It can’t break down. It is better than that

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/12/mike-francesa-slams-jets-points-fingers-for-terrible-loss-photos.html

Didn't know Zach Wilson was a racehorse because that's all MF knows about 

• Thumb Down 1

If you have to create a thread saying “X player isn’t the problem,” that player is most certainly a problem. Akin to asking if something is in appropriate, before you say it, odds are, it’s in appropriate. It’s all sunk-cost fallacy, we’re just too emotionally involved to see the truth. If Zach were in a Pats uniform, we’d be ecstatic at his performances. Vice versa, if Mac were putting up his atrocious performances in a Jets’ uniform, we’d be split just like we are now. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.  So I quit too early on a dogsh*t QB and was wrong but you quit right on time and were right.  Nice.  That's a new one!

I wish it was new. These guys must all attend the same meetings and sit through the same slide decks.

• Haha 1

Via The Athletic:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — C.J. Uzomah looked across the locker room and saw dozens of reporters surrounding Greg Zuerlein, the Jets kicker who had just missed a last-second field goal from 58 yards. Uzomah was not happy.

He stomped his feet, angrily threw his uniform in the laundry bin and shouted for anyone to hear: “That’s bulls—. I think I might say something.”

After he showered and sat down at his locker, he was still fuming.

The Jets just lost another heartbreaker, 20-17, to the Lions in a game that — heard this before? — they probably should have won. This is the same Jets team that started 5-2, back when hope felt everlasting. Now they’re 7-7, optimism fading, even if the standings say they still have a shot. How did they get here? Uzomah wants to make one thing clear: It’s not on one person, or two. Don’t blame Zach Wilson. Don’t blame the kicker.

Their problems are aplenty — and not very complicated.

“I think — I don’t want to say too much,” Uzomah said. “But it’s crazy because everything is going to fall on (Wilson). Everything is going to fall on Greg. … I’m like, why the hell is he up there (talking to media)?

“The quarterback is always going to get the brunt of it, and he knows that, but on the sideline we’re looking at the still frames (on a tablet) and I’m like: ‘Damn, I could’ve done this better.’ And I hear somebody else say: ‘Damn, I could’ve done this.’ All right. Well, an accumulation of those means we didn’t execute.”

The phrase of the day: Missed opportunities.

“We started 5-2 and now we’re 7-7,” wide receiver Garrett Wilson said. “It’s been a lot of missed opportunities throughout this season. Hopefully we can look back on it, be in the playoffs and feel a little better about it but we gotta earn that. Up to this point, we didn’t earn that. We started fast, and none of that matters when you don’t finish the way you’re supposed to.”

The Jets have lost five of seven games. Those five losses were by five, seven, five, eight and three points.….

Ultimately, though, the Jets aren’t 7-7 because of Wilson, even if he’s played a heavy hand in some of their losses.

“We’re not executing. We’re not,” Uzomah said. “We have a 2-yard run and we’re looking at it like: ‘That should’ve been an explosive run, that could’ve been a touchdown.’ When I say we’re not executing, it’s that. It’s just that. We have (opportunities) out there.

“We didn’t play well enough,” he added. “We’re going to watch film and see that we left a lot of plays out there.”

Opportunities, missed.