This is not on Zach.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mike White hangs 30 on the vikings horrible defense if he was as good as some of you have convinced yourself he is. 

There’s a blindness that all of the problems are with the qb.  There’s a lot of issues, starting with an OL that got white broken ribs.  And 2 different qbs with very different styles.  And a d that does not create turnovers.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

You see, we faced a lot of 3rd and longs this game because the run simply wasn't working. It wasn't forgotten, it was shelved because it sucked. 

Is it possible that the run game sucks because the guy who calls the play and oversees the offense sucks? 

It's partly on Zach. He's very inconsistent.

Let's flip the script for a minute. The Jets are at their 35 yard line with 3 TOs with 2 minutes left and down by 4. Great opportunity for your QB to come in and do his thing...

In 9 passing plays, he gets
  • 2 sacks (- 17 yards)
  • 4 incompletions
  • 3 completions (55 yards)
He was able to generate a net of 38 yards, or 4.2 yards per passing play (not an official stat). That's simply not good enough. The Berrios miss was HUGE... He was running BEHIND THE SECONDARY...
The good news is that his playmakers did get a chance to make plays on a series of very meh passes.

He’s very consistent , consistently awful.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

51% again a D that gives up over 68%.... what else do you need?  The misses (5-6) to WR, the WTF INT and other throw that Carter caught or the long balls that were essentailly jump balls that WR caught irrespective of his accuracy.... 

Oh yea, the reset help him continue to throw off his back foot, made bad decisions, etc.  enough said, he is not the answer and probably never was...t

Noe look at TL (who is finally playing well) and jacksonville... they just beat the bozys and we have next week. 

• Upvote 2

This game is not totally on Zach. ST, the D, and clock management  were all parts. There was no reason to have 2 timeouts and have to kick a prayer with 1 second to tie. That said, it's  pretty clear how we will not win a SB with the uneven play you get from ZW so what is the point of even saying the loss is not him. He didn't lose it and he didn't  win it. If he hit Berrios running up the seam on the last drive, he is still running. SB winning QBs make that throw. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, AZSOJ said:

51% again a D that gives up over 68%.... what else do you need?  The misses (5-6) to WR, the WTF INT and other throw that Carter caught or the long balls that were essentailly jump balls that WR caught irrespective of his accuracy.... 

Oh yea, the reset help him continue to throw off his back foot, made bad decisions, etc.  enough said, he is not the answer and probably never was...t

Noe look at TL (who is finally playing well) and jacksonville... they just beat the bozys and we have next week. 

I'll add the scheme is not right for him... nor is the CS. 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, LSJF said:

I assume that you’re talking about somebody else spud… it’s really adult to blame Zach for everything I guess

Only a child's mind would be so limited to believe that because Detroit (who has a fabulous offense) made one GREAT play and call late in the game "when it matters most" (?), it means the game is on the defense, who made plays all day long and gave up 10 legitimate points in 60 minutes. It's all that one play. Because that dismisses the 20 terrible plays Zach made consistently throughout the entire contest, I guess? Just mind boggling mental gymnastics 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It sucks b/c the OL is beat up and they lost their star rb.  It adds up.

Ok I’ll agree there the OL is beat up. So if your Oline is beat up, why are you calling pass plays that keep your QB in the pocket behind the banged up OL? The only big plays came when ZW was out of the pocket. Why not call more plays to get him outside? It’s because MLF is lost man

33 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If they used timeouts they would have got closer.  That drive was not on wilson. 

3 completions in 7 attempts, 2 sacks (at least one cause by running into the defender), and missed a wide open player running behind the secondary, which, at the very worst, would have been a significant chunk of yards.

Zack did not have a good drive.

That being said, he didn't have a great game either.

Yes, using the timeouts would have been better (not sure what they were saving them for?).

Just f**king great and exactly what I predicted:  Zach plays a "meh"-ish game against a trash D in a loss.  The worst-case scenario.

He did just enough to give this stupid franchise enough juice to make him the unquestioned QB1 next year.

Threads like these are f**king infuriating.  When can we have a QB where the best you can say in a given week isn't "he wasn't the problem"?  How about a QB who can be, ya know, a solution?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Lions before today were among bottom of defenses in a mess of categories. They’ve been better during this burner but they pretty much suck. Wilson missed on many throws and floated others. He is not an NFL QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yah he had Berrios (our deep threat guy now? LOL!) for a TD on the final drive. Badly missed. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Just f**king great and exactly what I predicted:  Zach plays a "meh"-ish game in a loss.  The worst-case scenario.

He did just enough to give this stupid franchise enough juice to make him the unquestioned QB1 next year.

No he didn’t. A vet should still be brought in. 

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Zach made enough plays to win the game. What the hell was that time management at the end? After that big play to GW, call a timeout and reset. The OL did no favors today in the running game and when it mattered most the protection was dogsh*t.

So ignore the other 3 quarters when he looked completely inept?

Ok cool 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Zach made enough plays to win the game. What the hell was that time management at the end? After that big play to GW, call a timeout and reset. The OL did no favors today in the running game and when it mattered most the protection was dogsh*t.

The problem is if Zach hit open receivers in earlier drives, we wouldn’t have needed a drive at the end of the game. Zach makes some spectacular plays, then makes plays a Pop Warner QB wouldn’t do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

preposterous touchdown, then he made a wacky play and the kicker missed. Not a stellar gam

He lost. 

You and many others have been trashing Mike White all week for being 1-2.  It's Zach's turn to take some "unfair" blame for an L if folks here are going to just refuse to evaluate the QB's evenly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just f**king great and exactly what I predicted:  Zach plays a "meh"-ish game against a trash D in a loss.  The worst-case scenario.

Threads like these are f**king infuriating.  When can we have a QB where the best you can say in a given week isn't "he wasn't the problem"?  How about a QB who can be, ya know, a solution?

I do not think this happened. Too much slop for this to be the case. If you erase the pick, maybe. However this didn't move the needle at all. 

3 minutes ago, xJayce said:

3 completions in 7 attempts, 2 sacks (at least one cause by running into the defender), and missed a wide open player running behind the secondary, which, at the very worst, would have been a significant chunk of yards.

Zack did not have a good drive.

That being said, he didn't have a great game either.

Yes, using the timeouts would have been better (not sure what they were saving them for?).

End of game drives are difficult, especially when the OL is porous.  Wilson converted a few tough plays to get in fg range.  If the coach had used the time outs properly it’s possible they would have got closer.  That’s the problem with that last drive.  They should have had 3 more plays.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson is who he is.  You’re not going to see anything different on Thursday when they probably lose.  It will be interesting to see what they do with mike white in the offseason, who really can’t stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I do not think this happened. Too much slop for this to be the case. If you erase the pick, maybe. However this didn't move the needle at all. 

It didn't move the needle for a franchise that desperately seems to want to honor a sunken cost.  That's bad news in my book.

We're right back where we started:  Ball out against Jacksonville or fall flat on his face:  Anything in the middle and we're that much closer to being stuck in no-man's land in 2023.

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If it were possible to run a functional offense where every play resembles a scramble drill, ZW would be a good option

But the problem is he can’t execute 80% of the standard playbook with any reliability or consistency 

The offense has no rhythm to it.  It’s a lot of all or nothing downfield shots instead of moving the chains

MW and ZW are polar opposites in terms of how they approach the QB position

The Ravens were smart to sign a backup in a similar mold to their starter so if Lamar gets hurt, they don’t need to change much 

ZW continually misses on basic throws even JAG QBs like Heinicke can make

I've been thinking about this as well... Given how different these two QBs are, I don't think it would make sense to head into next year with MW and ZW as whatever permutation of 1 and 2 that you want. You almost need two completely different game plans at that point.