Defense gives up total of 16 points in two games and loses both

AFJF

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The D is fraudulent.  They dont create turnovers and everytime we come back in a game or take a lead, they give up a td immediately on the next drive.

Same story since Herm’s been here. Every time the defense needs to make a big stop, the opposition goes directly down the field and scores. 20+ years of this BS.

It was time for Mann to go LONG ago but the blind spot for this guy is so large it could block out the sun.  He has NEVER actually been a good punter, usually in the 20's in net.  Boyer can f'ck off as well.  Tons of praise heaped on the guy.

When injury replacement punters are much better than your starter you need to do something about it but the coaching staff and gm don't think we have a problem

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

******* fire Boyer along with this sh*tty ass coaching staff. He has somehow survived like 3 coaching changes I think. 

Maybe he's sucking off Woody. 

Boyer is one of the best in the business.  He's got a trash punter.  Mann has to be replaced.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You need to stop the lions with the game on the line at home to be considered a great defense 

clearly a good unit and the strength of the team, but not quite good enough to take a bad/mediocre QB to the playoffs

Quinnen's absence makes this defense go from elite to very good.  Have to be elite to overcome a player like Wilson at QB.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Quinnen's absence makes this defense go from elite to very good.  Have to be elite to overcome a player like Wilson at QB.

Eh, I don’t think Wilson’s good or the answer here, but he gave the ball back to the defense with a lead late in the 4th.

Then he got them a 58 yard FG attempt despite some of the worst clock management I have ever seen 

not really the game to make it all about the QB, IMO

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The D is fraudulent.  They dont create turnovers and everytime we come back in a game or take a lead, they give up a td immediately on the next drive.

The d is definitely not fraudulent.   The d has basically carried the team the entire season and was without one of the best DL in the league today 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I don’t think Wilson’s good or the answer here, but he gave the ball back to the defense with a lead late in the 4th.

Then he got them a 58 yard FG attempt despite some of the worst clock management I have ever seen 

Wilson also handed the Lions a FG in a 3 point game and missed on half his throws.  Even the deep ball to Smith looks pretty in the box score, but it was a horribly underthrown ball that goes for 6 with a decent throw.

The defense surrendered 13 points to one of the best offenses in the NFL and 3 of them because of a Zach INT.  Not gonna' kill them for that.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Wilson was far from perfect but did enough to win a game.  In a game where you give up a punt return td, your d gives up a brutal td with 2 minutes left and your hc botches time management such that there should have been 3 more plays run to get the kicker closer at the end, there was definitely enough blame to go around.  But the underlying problem with this team is an OL that can’t run block and 2 different qbs trying to run the same system.  The coaches need to make up their minds.

Just now, AFJF said:

Wilson also handed the Lions a FG in a 3 point game and missed on half his throws.  Even the deep ball to Smith looks pretty in the box score, but it was a horribly underthrown ball that goes for 6 with a decent throw.

The defense surrendered 13 points to one of the best offenses in the NFL and 3 of them because of a Zach INT.  Not gonna' kill them for that.

I’m not killing them, just pointing out they aren’t quite an elite “championship level” (Saleh’s words) unit yet. 

they are a really good defense and the clear strength of the team. 

and obviously QW is a game changer 

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not killing them, just pointing out they aren’t quite an elite “championship level” (Saleh’s words) unit yet. 

they are a really good defense and the clear strength of the team. 

and obviously QW is a game changer 

With Quinnen Williams they are elite.  Without him, the pass rush suffers tremendously because there's nobody forcing double and triple teams.  That knocks them down a peg from elite to very good.  That's what we saw today.  They faced a team that's averaging 28 points per game and the defense allowed 10 points.  Another 7 on ST's and another 3 off a big return on a Zach pick.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

With Quinnen Williams they are elite.  Without him, the pass rush suffers tremendously because there's nobody forcing double and triple teams.  That knocks them down a peg from elite to very good.  That's what we saw today.  They faced a team that's averaging 28 points per game and the defense allowed 10 points.  Another 7 on ST's and another 3 off a big return on a Zach pick.

Everyone has injuries 

they are really good - not great yet 

not enough turnovers and too many critical drives given up over the last three games 

they are young and Should only get better