MetLife today — aka Woodys dump

johnnyjet

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

We are in the playoff hunt.  For the 1st time in years.  Playing a team that had almost no fans in the stadium. None. And we can’t sell the place out.  It wasn’t even close to being packed. I understand it’s the 1st night of Hanukkah and a week before Christmas. But this place has no home field feel to it. It’s was pretty dead for the entire game today. we really don’t have a home field advantage.   Ever. That’s a huge problem 

Thursday night will be the same 

Jets games are better on the road. Plus it was the Lions. With so many Jets fans spread out throughout the country now it will be like this moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

We are in the playoff hunt.  For the 1st time in years.  Playing a team that had almost no fans in the stadium. None. And we can’t sell the place out.  It wasn’t even close to being packed. I understand it’s the 1st night of Hanukkah and a week before Christmas. But this place has no home field feel to it. It’s was pretty dead for the entire game today. we really don’t have a home field advantage.   Ever. That’s a huge problem 

This team has shown numerous times this year they are untrustworthy and reliable to succeed. They don't deserve sellouts, they are sellouts. Christ, the best looser's on the planet. 

Should have drafted MAHOMES II

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I clearly heard let’s go lions chants in tv

After the lions first TD (punt return)you could clearly see lots of lions fans going crazy in the end zone lol the lions fans lol

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I was there seemed packed to me 

It was deafening, I could barely hear the announcers and the cameras were shaking. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Went today for the first time since Goff played for the Rams, and Jeff Fsiher was their coach.

As always, had a great time in the lot tailgating with my boys and a friend and his son. 

The parking pass thing; really, the old way, pay $15,,park wherever worked. So of course it was f__ed with. A theme.

Went to go in around 12:15. As it has been since this new sheetbox opened, we were confronted with a huge crowd and few security staff who nonetheless took their kabuki security theatre very seriously. My son, an a electrician, had a battery pack in his pocket. This was grounds for a Warren report-typr investigation. "He might throw it on the field!". right. Eventually a cooler head took custody of it, and gave him a receipt. Samll blessing we saw ArgentinaFrance penalty kicks conclusion on the big screen. We barely made it inside  fror kickoff because....

We had seats in 135. Trying the find 135 is akin to the  9 3/4 thing in "Harry Potter". Convulted stairways, rabbit holes, nonsense, closed off concourse, such fun. 

Great sightlines, and ...that's about it. 

Halftime; get on line for a beer, and it;s shut off in our faces. This appears to have been a big priority. 

There was security personnel everywhere. Treat your customers like convicts, they won't come running back.

They were only slighlty less numerous than Lions fans. 

Takes forever to get out of the stadium, since the concourses are not open. If there was an emergency, people would be trampled. 

And they have made the traffic worse than ever.

Seriously, talk to the people who run MSG, or UBS or the Vegas arena. Bad enough this stadium is an eyesore, it's badly run. Embarrassingly so. 

Lol going back anytime soon? how much did that action packed day of excitement cost you?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade, 6 years longer drought that any other NFL team.

Lost two in a row.

Laid an egg today with the season on the line.

Maybe they'll get a home field advantage when they damn well earn one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade, 6 years longer drought that any other NFL team.

Lost two in a row.

Laid an egg today with the season on the line.

Maybe they'll get a home field advantage when they damn well earn one.

Jets fans are reactive. If the Jets do something they’ll raise hell, but in a stalemate they’ll sit on their hands expecting the worst. It’s part of the Jets fandom culture.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I was there seemed packed to me 

No homefield advantage though in a huge game, was pitiful. NY sports in general have turned into a wine cheese crowd across the board. Outside of islander playoff games at the old coliseum a few years ago  and maybe some Yankee stadium playoff games this area is a shell of its former self. 

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Went today for the first time since Goff played for the Rams, and Jeff Fisher was their coach. Gave up the PSL ghost after 2 seasons. 

As always, had a great time in the lot tailgating with my boys and a friend and his son. 

The parking pass thing; really, the old way, pay $15,park wherever worked. So of course it was f__ed with. A theme.

Went to go in around 12:15. As it has been since this new sheetbox opened, we were confronted with a huge crowd and few security staff who nonetheless took their kabuki security theatre very seriously. My son, an a electrician, had a battery pack in his pocket. This was grounds for a Warren report-typr investigation. "He might throw it on the field!". right. Eventually a cooler head took custody of it, and gave him a receipt. Samll blessing we saw ArgentinaFrance penalty kicks conclusion on the big screen. We barely made it inside  fror kickoff because....

We had seats in 135. Trying the find 135 is akin to the  9 3/4 thing in "Harry Potter". Convulted stairways, rabbit holes, nonsense, closed off concourse, such fun. 

Great sightlines, and ...that's about it. 

Halftime; get on line for a beer, and it;s shut off in our faces. This appears to have been a big priority. 

There was security personnel everywhere. Treat your customers like convicts, they won't come running back.

They were only slighlty less numerous than Lions fans. 

Takes forever to get out of the stadium, since the concourses are not open. If there was an emergency, people would be trampled. 

And they have made the traffic worse than ever.

Seriously, talk to the people who run MSG, or UBS or the Vegas arena. Bad enough this stadium is an eyesore, it's badly run. Embarrassingly so. 

Oh yea, great game day experience too. Forgot that one in my critique.