MetLife today — aka Woodys dump

johnnyjet

Just now, T0mShane said:

My boss was trying to give away three tickets on Friday and nobody wanted them because 1. Cold and 2. Zach Wilson 

Wife and daughter in law bought tix as a present. When we found out was gonna be Wilson and not White, was really dissappointing.

Can't imagine how or why the Jets didn't consider Streveler. They'r forcing a guy who will never be an NFL QB onto this roster. If we see it, imagine waht the players think. Got a glimpse of GW getting pissed today. it will get worse if Wilson keeps playing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Is this a compliment? Either way, Merry Christmas, and may Mike White's ribs heal by Thursday,  and I'm good. 

Oh it’s a compliment at least intended as such!

If MW isn’t ready to go just consider another start by BYU as an investment into our future — 99% he face plants and the team has the cover to move on/drop coin to bring in a vet and 1% he magically learns how to be a QB.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Is this a compliment? Either way, Merry Christmas, and may Mike White's ribs heal by Thursday,  and I'm good. 

?All I want for Christmas is a Mike White start, a Mike White start, a Mike White start?

?Gee if only I could have a Mike White start, then I could wish ya Merry Christmas?

?oh for goodness’ sake. Eff Zach Wilsonnnnnnn?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Jets games are better on the road. Plus it was the Lions. With so many Jets fans spread out throughout the country now it will be like this moving forward. 

Homefield advantage is soooo 2002.

The Jets need to give up on the brick & mortar stadiums and just start working from home/remotely like many of us.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

We are in the playoff hunt.  For the 1st time in years.  Playing a team that had almost no fans in the stadium. None. And we can’t sell the place out.  It wasn’t even close to being packed. I understand it’s the 1st night of Hanukkah and a week before Christmas. But this place has no home field feel to it. It’s was pretty dead for the entire game today. we really don’t have a home field advantage.   Ever. That’s a huge problem 

Thursday night will be the same 

Woody’s dump? He tried moving the team to Manhattan only to be stopped by James Dolan and the corrupt politics of NY at the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Woody’s dump? He tried moving the team to Manhattan only to be stopped by James Dolan and the corrupt politics of NY at the time. 
I know most posters don’t let the facts get in the way.

True, but how does that lead to the horrible design of MetLife?  The West Side Stadium would have been great, but the way it was stopped does not excuse what they built instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

True, but how does that lead to the horrible design of MetLife?  The West Side Stadium would have been great, but the way it was stopped does not excuse what they built instead.

I’m not defending MetLife, just pointing out he tried a different option first. MetLife is somewhat a complicated situation because two teams paid for it. SoFi in Los Angeles is owned by the Rams.  The Chargers just rent as a tenant.

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This place is just a ******* disaster of a stadium. look at SO-FI, Jerry’s world, The titans dome in planning. Two teams paid to have this sh*thole in a swamp with zero infrastructure and no roof. $14 dollar beers, $50 parking, PSLs, sh*t security and a history of losing. That’s all on Woodrow. Now we are on the rise and no one wants to go. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’m not defending MetLife, just pointing out he tried a different option first. MetLife is somewhat a complicated situation because two teams paid for it. SoFi in Los Angeles is owned by the Rams.  The Chargers just rent as a tenant.

SoFi is gorgeous 

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I've been to several games this year. Here's a hot take: the stadium experience is way overbearing. You can't talk to each other. You can't come up with a chant organically. It's a wall of noise pumping from the speakers  from whistle to snap,  a roaring dance Electronica club music fiasco in the vein of 1993 Limelight MDMA raves, interspersed with guttural screams of "MAKE SOME NOIIIISE!  It's not a football game, it's an auditory assault that wears on the mind and saps your energy. By the second half, you just hope for a play to start so you can maybe talk a few seconds of football before the disembodied voice of randy macho man savage demands that you MAKE MORE NOISE!!!  Jesus It's unbearable. 

This. Every play has LOUD NOISE, every break is some silly contest or t-shirt cannon. Unless you're very drunk or high, has no appeal. Who do they think that appeals to? 

Give them credit for having the Wolrd Cup on the big screen at the gate, but that's about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, PS17 said:

?All I want for Christmas is a Mike White start, a Mike White start, a Mike White start?

?Gee if only I could have a Mike White start, then I could wish ya Merry Christmas?

?It's been so long since I could say?

?New York Jets are going to the playoffs ?

? But I keep coming every day ?

? To read comments from you ****-offs ?

Just kidding guys !!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all of you !!!!!!

9 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I've been to several games this year. Here's a hot take: the stadium experience is way overbearing. You can't talk to each other. You can't come up with a chant organically. It's a wall of noise pumping from the speakers  from whistle to snap,  a roaring dance Electronica club music fiasco in the vein of 1993 Limelight MDMA raves, interspersed with guttural screams of "MAKE SOME NOIIIISE!  It's not a football game, it's an auditory assault that wears on the mind and saps your energy. By the second half, you just hope for a play to start so you can maybe talk a few seconds of football before the disembodied voice of randy macho man savage demands that you MAKE MORE NOISE!!!  Jesus It's unbearable. 

Post of the century!

at least they didn’t play who let the dogs out yesterday.

12 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol wasn’t empty at all, and it was electric before the defense spit the bit.  Willing to bet OP wasn’t there. 

“Electric”

:rl:

11 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I sat in section 336 row 12 seat 1. 

You poor soul. God bless you

10 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

This is right on the money and SAR (pour one out) and I have posted about it ad nauseum

edit:  Trotter has as well 

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Ok guy who has admittedly been to 1 game in like 20 years :rl:

That’s not true. I said I went to one game last year. And obviously I’m not missing much. I was tempted to buy a parking pass and tailgate just to hang out with friends and then immediately leave at 12:15 to get home for kickoff. I know a lot of people that did it this year.

you’re in the minority. Hence all the empty seats and lions fans

Just now, BP said:

That’s not true. I said I went to one game last year. And obviously I’m not missing much. I was tempted to buy a parking pass and tailgate just to hang out with friends and then immediately leave at 12:15 to get home for kickoff. I know a lot of people that did it this year.

you’re in the minority. Hence all the empty seats and lions fans

What an odd worldview

• Haha 1

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

During the half time recap when they go back to the announcers you saw the upper bowl in the back ground, I said to myself dam the bathroom lines must be crazy. There’s not a sole in their seat. Guess I was just being optimistic 

The crowd was late arriving (a lot of it because security to get in is utterly abysmal, and tons of people were congregated to watch the end of the World Cup which went until like 12:55).  I don't think the place was packed to the gills, but it definitely looked pretty full, so I'm not sure where these takes are coming from.

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The crowd was late arriving (a lot of it because security to get in is utterly abysmal, and tons of people were congregated to watch the end of the World Cup which went until like 12:55).  I don't think the place was packed to the gills, but it definitely looked pretty full, so I'm not sure where these takes are coming from.

If I was more computer savvy I’d find the picture of what I’m talking about. 
back drop to 2 announcers talking about first half after the broadcast gets thrown back to them from the cbs halftime show. 

The upper deck is basically empty 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

If I was more computer savvy I’d find the picture of what I’m talking about. 
back drop to 2 announcers talking about first half after the broadcast gets thrown back to them from the cbs halftime show. 

The upper deck is basically empty 

The NYJ have had a problem packing up the upper deck for the last 10 years.  The team has been trash, the stadium's capacity is huge, and those seats at MetLife are up in heaven.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The broadcasters hate the jets. Whenever they show the fans at opposing stadiums, they put crazed fans standing cheering and having fun. When they show fans at metlife they show people sitting in their seats looking like they are contemplating leaving early. Having been to jet games at metlife i know this is a false impression.