MetLife today — aka Woodys dump

johnnyjet

2 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

When a stadium is actually loud, there isn’t a debate going on amongst the fans the next day on whether it was loud or not. 

Lol oh ok.  Were you there?

The noise in a stadium reflects the quality and atmosphere of the game on the field.  The stadium was truly "loud" yesterday at about 2 moments - when the Jets scored in the 4th quarter, and right before Detroit ripped our hearts out on 4th and 1.  The rest of the game the crowd reflected the bland quality on the field.

• Upvote 1

The game was basically sold out like every other game.  Detroit at Christmas time or whatever reason some fans may have stayed away isn’t on Woody or the stadium, that’s ridiculous.  They would have shown up with a different owner or at SoFi, lol

14 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I've been to several games this year. Here's a hot take: the stadium experience is way overbearing. You can't talk to each other. You can't come up with a chant organically. It's a wall of noise pumping from the speakers  from whistle to snap,  a roaring dance Electronica club music fiasco in the vein of 1993 Limelight MDMA raves, interspersed with guttural screams of "MAKE SOME NOIIIISE!  It's not a football game, it's an auditory assault that wears on the mind and saps your energy. By the second half, you just hope for a play to start so you can maybe talk a few seconds of football before the disembodied voice of randy macho man savage demands that you MAKE MORE NOISE!!!  Jesus It's unbearable. 

boy do i not miss that place...dont forget Joe Nolan..."iittttsssss ttttthhhhhiiiiirrrrrddddd ddddooowwwnnn"

that stadium turned nearly 40 years of season ticket ownership into a nightmare, walked awaY years ago and have not looked back.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The NYJ have had a problem packing up the upper deck for the last 10 years.  The team has been trash, the stadium's capacity is huge, and those seats at MetLife are up in heaven.  

The reason there is no psl for uppers . The Giants are able to fill the upper and charge a psl

3 hours ago, jetswin said:

boy do i not miss that place...dont forget Joe Nolan..."iittttsssss ttttthhhhhiiiiirrrrrddddd ddddooowwwnnn"

that stadium turned nearly 40 years of season ticket ownership into a nightmare, walked awaY years ago and have not looked back.

Yeah a lot of folks have given up their tickets, moved etc. Add on the team has stunk for 12 years now. White getting hurt didn’t help and neither did the Lions coming to town. Just a boring matchup overall (Jets have little national cache).Thursday night in prime time you’d expect a decent crowd to show up especially since it’s practically an elimination game.

23 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

We are in the playoff hunt.  For the 1st time in years.  Playing a team that had almost no fans in the stadium. None. And we can’t sell the place out.  It wasn’t even close to being packed. I understand it’s the 1st night of Hanukkah and a week before Christmas. But this place has no home field feel to it. It’s was pretty dead for the entire game today. we really don’t have a home field advantage.   Ever. That’s a huge problem 

Thursday night will be the same 

That's what you get for sharing a stadium .

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Another issue is this team has been so bad they’ve lost a generation of fans.  A kid ready to graduate high school hasn’t seen a playoff appearance since kindergarten.  

I personally believe there are more Jets fans out there, than ever. Just look at the Pro Bowl Voting. When is the last time we had 4 leading vote getters? Has it happened ever?

Our fans are loyal and numerous, throughout the country. That is not the problem. The stadium is the problem. The fact its the Sunday before Christmas and its the Lions, didn't help.

To me, the stadium was as loud as it has been, during the good moments. Unfortunately there weren't enough of those moments to make a difference. Plus the sound system is ridiculously annoying. There is so little time for the stadium to create genuine noise.

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I personally believe there are more Jets fans out there, than ever. Just look at the Pro Bowl Voting. When is the last time we had 4 leading vote getters? Has it happened ever?

Our fans are loyal and numerous, throughout the country. That is not the problem. The stadium is the problem. The fact its the Sunday before Christmas and its the Lions, didn't help.

To me, the stadium was as loud as it has been, during the good moments. Unfortunately there weren't enough of those moments to make a difference. Plus the sound system is ridiculously annoying. There is so little time for the stadium to create genuine noise.

The stadium isn't the problem.  It's the product on the field that matters.  They're 7-7 and it's one of the best seasons in a decade.  Like Lot K said, they lost a generation of fans.  My daughter is 16, when she was around 7 or 8 she picked going to Jets game over a birthday party.  She expects them to lose.

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2022 at 7:35 PM, johnnyjet said:

We are in the playoff hunt.  For the 1st time in years.  Playing a team that had almost no fans in the stadium. None. And we can’t sell the place out.  It wasn’t even close to being packed. I understand it’s the 1st night of Hanukkah and a week before Christmas. But this place has no home field feel to it. It’s was pretty dead for the entire game today. we really don’t have a home field advantage.   Ever. That’s a huge problem 

Thursday night will be the same 

They shouldn't have raised ticket prices next year. Upper deck seats should be like $40 they are so damn far away.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They shouldn't have raised ticket prices next year. Upper deck seats should be like $40 they are so damn far away.

They shouldn’t make parking such a huge issue w/the separate pass and whatnot. That’s a huge turnoff for non-ST folks. Let folks pay at the gate or whatever. It’s annoying as hell to buy tix and then need to also search for a dumb parking pass. Greedy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

2 hours ago, DireJet said:

They shouldn’t make parking such a huge issue w/the separate pass and whatnot. That’s a huge turnoff for non-ST folks. Let folks pay at the gate or whatever. It’s annoying as hell to buy tix and then need to also search for a dumb parking pass. Greedy. 

Parking passes have become more expensive than tickets if you’re not a prestigious STH. And on top of that it’s not easy getting one.

They should have cash lots like every other stadium in the country has. The Jets make things very difficult to go there on a game to game basis.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, BP said:

Parking passes have become more expensive than tickets if you’re not a prestigious STH. And on top of that it’s not easy getting one.

They should have cash lots like every other stadium in the country has. The Jets make things very difficult to go there on a game to game basis.

Yeah it is all about being in bed with ticketmaster. Cash lots make so much sense but ticketmaster can't take their % on that stuff. It is a shame.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DireJet said:

Yes. I talk to a lot of out of town fans each week and I tell you the shock when they hear how the parking thing works here is amazing. In NJ you must follow the rules and the rules are never simple lol.

I swear they would put us in assigned spaces if they could.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Back in the day the pro bowlers were voted upon by their peers, not the fans. It had much more merit back then. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BP said:

Back in the day the pro bowlers were voted upon by their peers, not the fans. It had much more merit back then. 

Just like back in the day when you loved this dump that was never empty or didn’t have a sell out crowd right? It’s always easy to make the “good ole days” sound good… except they are never as good as they seem in your own head…

1308C8F7-F81B-4677-A28E-CBB5C5A5C31B.jpeg

8 hours ago, JETS SB said:

The last sentence is so true and I can tell you personally i have communicated this to the jets with about 10 others or so.

they think the fans want this. They are simply deaf to hear what the experience needs to be.

personally it is actually mentally exhausting having that crap pounded at you after every f’n play.

let the game breathe. Let the fans generate the excitement.

but no, some social media expert and I’m sure a million dollars in consulting fees know better than their customer.

can’t fix stupid

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Just like back in the day when you loved this dump that was never empty or didn’t have a sell out crowd right? It’s always easy to make the “good ole days” sound good… except they are never as good as they seem in your own head…

1308C8F7-F81B-4677-A28E-CBB5C5A5C31B.jpeg

Tsk tsk ecurb, you get very sensitive when the truth gets brought up about your beloved MetLife.

I’ll ask you again.. how many home playoff games have you been to since your prestigious acquisition of season tickets 12 years ago?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BP said:

Tsk tsk ecurb, you get very sensitive when the truth gets brought up about your beloved MetLife.

I’ll ask you again.. how many home playoff games have you been to since your prestigious acquisition of season tickets 12 years ago?

It will be 100 times better than Giants stadium when they finally do ?

On 12/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, Matt39 said:

Yeah a lot of folks have given up their tickets, moved etc. Add on the team has stunk for 12 years now. White getting hurt didn’t help and neither did the Lions coming to town. Just a boring matchup overall (Jets have little national cache).Thursday night in prime time you’d expect a decent crowd to show up especially since it’s practically an elimination game.

The QB situation and the opponent (who is pretty solid btw) shouldn’t matter. I don’t want to hear that it’s a boring matchup. Bottom line is the Jets are fighting for a playoff spot as is Detroit late in the season. That should be more than enough to sell out the stadium in the NY market. 

It’s the same thing when people complain about too many fans of the other teams being in the stands. I hate to be the one to tell them, but that’s only going to get worse, even if the Jets get really good.

If you’re a fan of the visiting team and live in the metro area, you don’t mind spending a fortune that one time they play the Jets. Conversely if you’re a Jets STH, you’re happy to dump a few gams to offset the fortune you’re spending for those season tickets and parking.

Hell, I did the same thing for years, and I got rid of my 4 seats the year before the PSL’s. My game day expenses were not even half of what people pay now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Another issue is this team has been so bad they’ve lost a generation of fans.  A kid ready to graduate high school hasn’t seen a playoff appearance since kindergarten.  

^Don't underestimate this folks.  The Jets have indeed lost an entire generation of potential fans.

It's not the stadium that made this happen, it's the team.  The Stadium is waaaaay too large anyway. The Uppers have never been filled since day 1 and of course the ridiculous club sections have NEVER been filled and never will.  A colossal planning error by both teams.

• Upvote 3

On 12/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

What? Oh stop.

Little Johnny is the new generation of fan.

Sure, he will have diabetes by the time he graduates high school from all that ice cream but he is fine. He will buy season tickets for all his friends.

Nothing to see here.  :)

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

^Don't underestimate this folks.  The Jets have indeed lost an entire generation of potential fans.

It's not the stadium that made this happen, it's the team.  The Stadium is waaaaay too large anyway. The Uppers have never been filled since day 1 and of course the ridiculous club sections have NEVER been filled and never will.  A colossal planning error by both teams.

I have to disagree when you say a colossal planning error by BOTH teams 

Giants are collecting PSLs from the upper deck and all of the Mezzanine.  whenever I go to a game with friends the stadium is packed. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s pretty sad when you can’t sell out 8 or 9 NFL home games, but it’s there own fault.

They lost the people who would sit in the upper bowl out, between tix, parking and concessions (forget $20 beers). How many people want to pay a fortune to sit up there for 4 hours in December?

The degradation of this is amazing. In 15 years they went from a full house with 10’s of thousands of people on the ST waiting list to a half empty docile stadium where they’ve been begging people to buy season tickets and are bragging about a sellout to Bills fans. The problem is that I don’t think it really affects the Jets financially. They probably just don’t care.

My first year as a season ticket holder (1978) the Jets were actively marketing selling season tickets that summer on radio and home games were blacked out because they couldn’t sell out. $8.00 a ticket x 8 x2  $128.00 for 2 season tickets and Leon gave you the pre season tix for free. By 1981 they went up to a whopping $11.00 a ticket! Almost a 50% increase! Lol and by then there was a waiting list.

I think the majority of STH that love MetLife were probably stuck on the waiting list for years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1