It feels like the air went out of this season’s balloon today

Green Ghost

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wilson being announced as the starter was already that moment for me. 

I expected a loss.

Yeah, I did also. What’s funny though was he played better than I expected. He’s a frustrating watch though.

Lawrence and Zach were both question marks coming into this year after their rookie seasons, but Jax seems to have hired the right guy in Pederson. It’s amazing what a competent offensive minded HC can do with a talent like TL. He’s been off the charts good the last two months.

Zach? Not so much. *sigh

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wilson being announced as the starter was already that moment for me. 

I expected a loss.

Same here

I was pretty relaxed because I didn’t have any expectations 

I don’t actually “blame” ZW per se.  He’s doing the best he can.  He just doesn’t have the goods.

It’s up to JD and BS to pull the plug.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I know mathematically we’re still alive, but after losing 4 of 5 and with Wilson under center for the rest of the season, I just can’t get excited about our chances.

The board seems eerily quiet tonight so I’m wondering… Any of you guys feel more confident than I do right now?

Nope. Wish Mike white was back

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I know mathematically we’re still alive, but after losing 4 of 5 and with Wilson under center for the rest of the season, I just can’t get excited about our chances.

The board seems eerily quiet tonight so I’m wondering… Any of you guys feel more confident than I do right now?

It's Zach the duck Wilson.  What did you expect?  I feel your pain.  This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule.  Berrios has to be benched.  Bring in the Strev!!

They missed a FG to tie at the end of this game had a close miss on the Mike White game.   Maybe MLF learned what he should build a game plan like as well.

Wait a week and see where it all is after the next game. The. Jets basically control their own fate still.  

—— here is where it stands USA Today article——

5. Baltimore Ravens (9-5), wild card No. 1

Remaining schedule: vs. Falcons, vs. Steelers, at Bengals

6. Chargers (8-6), wild card No. 2:

Remaining schedule: at Colts, vs. Rams, at Broncos

7. Dolphins (8-6), Last wild card

Remaining schedule: vs. Packers, at Patriots, vs. Jets

8. New England Patriots (7-7)

Remaining schedule: vs. Bengals, vs. Dolphins, at Bills

9. New York Jets (7-7),

Remaining schedule: vs. Jaguars, at Seahawks, at Dolphins 

10. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-8),

Remaining schedule: at Jets, at Texans, vs. Titans

11. Las Vegas Raiders (6-8),

Remaining schedule: at Steelers, vs. 49ers, vs Chiefs

My confidence hasn't changed at all. Jets are 7-7 with 3 games left. No one player or unit lost this game today by themselves. Offense, defense, special teams, and coaching all contributed to today's loss. It was a tough loss to swallow after being up 17-13 with 1:49 left to play in the game with the Lions at their own 49-yard line. The Jets clearly have the talent to win these next 3 games. It's just a matter of them putting all three phases together and not beating themselves. Coaching needs to bring their A game these next three games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

My confidence hasn't changed at all. Jets are 7-7 with 3 games left. No one player or unit lost this game today by themselves. Offense, defense, special teams, and coaching all contributed to today's loss. It was a tough loss to swallow after being up 17-13 with 1:49 left to play in the game with the Lions at their own 49-yard line. The Jets clearly have the talent to win these next 3 games. It's just a matter of them putting all three phases together and not beating themselves. Coaching needs to bring their A game these next three games.

At this point, it's too late. They shot themselves in the foot one too many games. They should easily have 10 wins by now minimum, but of course, they don't since it's the Jets. 

We won't get there with Wilson most likely I agree but laying everything on him is giving the rest of the whole organization a free pass they do not deserve.

The defense has faded badly.  Special teams stink, the in game coaching has been dubious.  Mike white today would not have changed this result at all imo.  (Others will disagree I am sure.)