Robert Saleh On The Hot Seat

DKBxJets

11 hours ago, Hex said:

Robert Saleh is definitely not on the hot seat. Mike LaFleur is definitely on the hot seat. He has the most predictable play calls, he doesn't use what is successful and instead sticks to a system that doesn't work very well. He has failed to get the offense to score enough with either QB in the last 6 games.

If we want to put Mike LaFleur's offense in context, under Joe Flacc early in the season it was okay but undermined by Flacco not being able to move whatsoever. With Zach Wilson it was good enough to secure 5 wins with subpar performances nearly every game. With Mike White if we extrapolate it over the whole season his offense would be historic in New York. I think he's definitely got some key areas to improve on but he's far from being the biggest problem.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:36 AM, Jet hustle said:

This 3 game losing streak is on him as much as anyone else. The team just hasn't been good enough across the board.  His clock management today was aggregious.

Lets see what happens next 3 weeks.

I thought he was out coached as well by Campbell.  That 1st drive especially even though they didn't score directly he had his team ready from start and they punched the jets in the nose in their own home.  Campbell had that team hungry and coached aggressively.  

• Upvote 1

if saleh and douglas are to be believed their goal was to play meaningful games in december.  they achieved that goal.  it was upgraded a coupe of weeks ago when they stood at 7-4.  unfortunately a couple of bad plays have stalled them at 7 wins with a slim chance of making the playoffs.

even if they lose the next three the team has got to be feeling good about itself and its direction.  the young players like wilson and sauce are making their presence felt.  breece hall will be coming back as will becton and avt.  it's too bad they'll still have to fiddle with the oline for next season but that doesn't do much good right now.

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:47 AM, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I think MLF stinks as an OC. If Saleh wants to succeed here is going to have to find a better OC. His clock management was atrocious, but his defense has been very good this year.

I'd be very surprised if Saleh is gone, but I don't think he can succeed here with MLF

Right now, I agree with you.  But I felt the same about Ulbrich last year and look at how things have changed since then.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As for the OP's question, I don't think Robert Saleh is in any danger whatsoever of being fired.

If we dont make the playoffs after a 7-4 start, at minimum, his seat should be seriously warming up. 

May be time to... toss the Saleh...

Ayeeee

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Right now, I agree with you.  But I felt the same about Ulbrich last year and look at how things have changed since then.  

I think that is a very fair point, and hopefully that does change. IMO, there are 2 big differences. 1) Saleh is a defensive guy, and he can work with Ulbrich and identify issues and chip in where needed, and we don't have that on the offensive side of the ball where neccesary. 2) I don't think our D is beating people via scheme per se. We are generating tremendous pressure with our front 4 and we are getting really good corner play. It would be the equivelent of having an Oline that can just dominate on every single offensive snap and you don't need to play chess, you just need to physically beat the other team. I don't think most offenses can work like that anymore, and quite frankly, even defenses usually don't work like that anymore. If we were to lose a few of our d line, I am not sure our D would be so great anymore, and would need more shceme. But your point is good and fair

On 12/19/2022 at 2:53 AM, DKBxJets said:

*Personally I think this is nonsense but I was curious about the opinions out there.

Considering that at the beginning of the season a lot of us would have begged for 7 wins but a better start than anticipated start gave way to a playoff opportunity and now that is quickly fading away. Would you consider Robert Saleh to be on the hot seat? An alternative I'm willing to hear out would also be OC Mike LaFleur.

The dumbest thing in the world would be to change HCs. It’s not happening.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:53 AM, DKBxJets said:

*Personally I think this is nonsense but I was curious about the opinions out there.

Considering that at the beginning of the season a lot of us would have begged for 7 wins but a better start than anticipated start gave way to a playoff opportunity and now that is quickly fading away. Would you consider Robert Saleh to be on the hot seat? An alternative I'm willing to hear out would also be OC Mike LaFleur.

Nobody is on the hot seat. 

Not MLF, not Ulbrich, not Saleh, not JD. 

Pop Tv Ronnielee GIF by Schitt's Creek 

Douglas said something earlier in the year about the goal for the year to play meaningful games in December. With the team in the playoff hunt two-thirds of the way through December, kinda hard to grade the year a termination risk for Saleh. 

Saleh probably caught an earful about benching ZW but that's just my conjecture. I suspect if the team misses the playoffs with another string of 2TD or fewer games that he's going to have to put in work to keep LaFleur at OC. I don't think Saleh's seat is warm at all right now.