The Jets have a 98% Chance Of Making The Playoffs ...

BroadwayRay

Winning the remaining games is way easier said than done.

Jaguars are coming off a win against the Cowboys, Seattle is tough to play on the road and while not great they aren’t terrible either and then we would have to beat Miami in a possible win and you’re in on the road. The odds of winning all three of those are probably not in our favor. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Thursday is effectively a playoff game. Need the defense to not come out flat again. Perhaps force a turnover for once. 

God forbid they give up more than a singular touchdown again. 

Kidding aside, agreed on the turnovers. Thought they crossed that decade-long hurdle the first half of this year. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

God forbid they give up more than a singular touchdown again. 

Kidding aside, agreed on the turnovers. Thought they crossed that decade-long hurdle the first half of this year. 

Detroit had a few 8 minute drives yesterday it seemed. Sucks but with Zach under center and his propensity for lousy picks and 3 and outs the defense needs to get more creative. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Detroit had a few 8 minute drives yesterday it seemed. Sucks but with Zach under center and his propensity for lousy picks and 3 and outs the defense needs to get more creative. 

You’re not wrong, which is unfortunate, because they play good enough football for us to be in the playoffs. We just have not had median-level QB play since, what, Favre’s first 12 games before injury? 

They just need to be better because we have a historically bad QB and a solid QB who can’t stay on the field. I don’t know the numbers, so I could be wrong, but they seem to have a big problem on 3rd and longs and lately of game-changing plays. Losing Q hurt, but that TD on 4th down is inexcusable no matter who’s on the field. 

The most surprising thing to me is the 2-1 w/loss @SEA still gives us > 50% chance. 
The game vs. Miami is the big one in most scenarios. Win that and we own the head to head, so Miami have to finish ahead of us. They have two games that are tougher than our two (on paper ) so chances are decent that we go into the Miami game with a win-and-in scenario. If we win at least one of our next two.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jetswin said:

My predicition...Zach had a 98% chance of getting destroyed here in multiple threads no matter what the result of Thursday night's game.

poor zach boo hoo 

all this guy has to do is play decent ball. Not even good just decent and he can't do it 

that Int in the 3rd quarter was atrocious and the duck that michael carter bailed him out on was even worse

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

poor zach boo hoo 

all this guy has to do is play decent ball. Not even good just decent and he can't do it 

that Int in the 3rd quarter was atrocious and the duck that michael carter bailed him out on was even worse

those two throws were awful as is the fact he rarely hits wrs in stride, the TD pass and the last throw however were throws only a handful of QB's and no one on the Jets roster could make. Add to that Mike White probably would have been hospitalized after that game the way the line played.

Young players have very little chance in this town unless they splash like superstars between fan sites, social media and talking heads in media, everyone follows the marching orders of this guy sucks and will always suck.  The problem with Zach is he obviously needs more time and the Jets set up the QB room poorly for two seasons. They lucked into Mike White playing well however not winning much.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetswin said:

those two throws were awful as is the fact he rarely hits wrs in stride, the TD pass and the last throw however were throws only a handful of QB's and no one on the Jets roster could make. Add to that Mike White probably would have been hospitalized after that game the way the line played.

Young players have very little chance in this town unless they splash like superstars between fan sites, social media and talking heads in media, everyone follows the marching orders of this guy sucks and will always suck.  The problem with Zach is he obviously needs more time and the Jets set up the QB room poorly for two seasons. They lucked into Mike White playing well however not winning much.

look the kid has insane arm talent but the fact that his best throws come when he's off schedule, 7 seconds after the snap, is not a sustainable way to play QB in the NFL. It almost reminds me of Vinny Testaverde playing schoolyard ball with Wayne Chrebet. Fun to watch and some wow moments but that wasn't sustainable either.  He needs to step up in the pocket and get it out of there

oh and I forgot to mention his intentional grounding. Jeez. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

look the kid has insane arm talent but the fact that his best throws come when he's off schedule, 7 seconds after the snap, is not a sustainable way to play QB in the NFL. It almost reminds me of Vinny Testaverde playing schoolyard ball with Wayne Chrebet. Fun to watch and some wow moments but that wasn't sustainable either.  He needs to step up in the pocket and get it out of there

oh and I forgot to mention his intentional grounding. Jeez. 

personally I thought the grounding call was awful, as was the lack of interfence calls for GWilson, game changers from officials imho

Thought this was interesting enough to warrant it's own thread. I'll update the graphic with the Dolphins, Pats, & Chargers schedules when I get home. Big takeaway is even with this terrible skid the Jets can still take care of their own business and give themselves a chance.

Getting through Thursday and having 10 days off will be huge for us. Gotta get that W though.

playoff %.png

Games Left 3.png

• Upvote 3