Best replacement for LaFLOOR?

ZachStepdad

If it comes to the point where he need to be replaced who would you like to see as OC? A lot to consider with the set of QBs on our team currently and the high chance of a new one this coming this offseason

my picks for replacement : Brian Johnson - qb coach from Philly. Coaching Hurts to an NFL MVP season and helping him turn his career around…. Happens to have a Utah background can connect with Zach in a way

and Matt Nagy off the chiefs

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Frank Reich

Good one. ?
I’m not looking to dump LaFleur, but this is an interesting option. 
I wonder if we could bring him in next year under some BS title like Asst HC? Let LaFleur take a back seat and learn from him until Reich gets another HC offer.

It’s not like anyone will be looking to grab LaFleur anyway, but if they did, who cares?

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Good one. ?
I’m not looking to dump LaFleur, but this is an interesting option. 
I wonder if we could bring him in next year under some BS title like Asst HC? Let LaFleur take a back seat and learn from him until Reich gets another HC offer.

It’s not like anyone will be looking to grab LaFleur anyway, but if they did, who cares?

I can't imagine LaFleur would accept that arrangement. This would be shades of Miami having 2(3) Offensive Coordinators last year. 

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is just the continued metastasis of the fandom’s compulsion to defend revolting QB play.

No MLF sucks …. Gase level mind …. He doesn’t create offense around players just cares about his system and that only…. Zach can be good under the right offense and coaching… MW is good in his system but he’s obviously hurt 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, ZachStepdad said:

If it comes to the point where he need to be replaced who would you like to see as OC? A lot to consider with the set of QBs on our team currently and the high chance of a new one this coming this offseason

0% chance he gets fired this offseason.

Much more likely that he is a hot head coaching candidate after next season. And he gets a job as a head coach the season after that.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

No MLF sucks …. Gase level mind …. He doesn’t create offense around players just cares about his system and that only…. Zach can be good under the right offense and coaching… MW is good in his system but he’s obviously hurt 

BYU just sucks is the far more likely situation. Josh Johnson, Flacco and MW have all looked mostly serviceable.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, jgb said:

BYU just sucks is the far more likely situation. Josh Johnson, Flacco and MW have all looked mostly serviceable.

Merry Christmas, Turd!

note to self: never start texting your dad about the Jets. He’s like the energizer bunny

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BP said:

Merry Christmas, Turd!

note to self: never start texting your dad about the Jets. He’s like the energizer bunny

Thanks for taking the night shift when I’m asleep in europe :) 

Seriously though my dad is a super passionate Jets fan that saw Namath win it all and doesn’t feel like being called a troll on here by 20 year old fans and getting his wrist slapped because he called Zachophiles “ostriches with their heads in the sand.” All the while others are dropping C bombs and worse. He’s basically done except for a couple pop ins. Which is sad. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks for taking the night shift when I’m asleep in europe :) 

Seriously though my dad is a super passionate Jets fan that saw Namath win it all and doesn’t feel like being called a troll on here by 20 year old fans and getting his wrist slapped because he called Zachophiles “ostriches with their heads in the sand.” All the while others are dropping C bombs and worse. He’s basically done except for a couple pop ins. Which is sad. 

It’s all good!

I do miss the old days fighting with your arch nemesis dinobot lol and the turd of the week nominations and countless other thugturd threads. Oh also the movies thread!

10 years since I saw you guys at a game too! We’re getting old!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BP said:

It’s all good!

I do miss the old days fighting with your arch nemesis dinobot lol and the turd of the week nominations and countless other thugturd threads. Oh also the movies thread!

10 years since I saw you guys at a game too! We’re getting old!

Old but still beautiful, hot stuff.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Zero chance Saleh fires Lafleur, but if he does we should interview people hiking the 3,000-mile Continental Divide Trail where we found Jeremy Bates. 

I really liked Bates as QB coach think they messed that up big time.  He is not the greatest public speaker though and seemed like he would shy away from that should have just left him QB coach and pass game coordinator at the time and got a stronger OC to manage offense.  They ****ed that all up as usual.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

my picks for replacement : Brian Johnson - qb coach from Philly. Coaching Hurts to an NFL MVP season and helping him turn his career around…. Happens to have a Utah background can connect with Zach in a way

image.jpeg.16a3653a5896f4cd1240102bd32de721.jpegLast OC to take us to the playoffs. I remember EVERY fan screaming for his head.  Well, 10 years later, we still can't score.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

None, there is no issue with the offensive system, LaFleur comes from the Kyle Shanahan tree and it is an excellent system.

There may be some play calling issues and some growing pains that LaFleur has had to overcome, he's a young coach. 

Just let the guy gain experience and mature as a coach.

Saleh nailed it, nobody has patience for anything, fans always need a scapegoat.

The "instant coffee" reference was a perfect one.

Calm the hell down and let this regime grow, let our young players grow, let this team develop, this year's team is way ahead of schedule.

Let the QB situation play itself out, Zach showed a lot this past Sunday and he still has room to grow and mature. White also has showed a LOT and it's a great problem to have!

Sit back and enjoy the next couple of years, and there is no reason to give up on this year yet!

• Haha 1

I really liked Bates as QB coach think they messed that up big time.  He is not the greatest public speaker though and seemed like he would shy away from that should have just left him QB coach and pass game coordinator at the time and got a stronger OC to manage offense.  They ****ed that all up as usual.

problem is the biggest media market in the world. They keep prying and acting like bi*ch’* until the team caves and makes wrong decisions. Woodman gets spooked and makes questionable decisions based on popular opinion. Wish we still had a coach like BP to protect the players and his coaches. Has BP ever won with a bunch of superstars. Every qb that comes thru will be judged by the media, and the mesmerized sheep. he will always be compared to #12.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Paper thin resume to be elevated to OC.  He was thrown into the deep end of the pool.   He's barely treding water.  Hard to seen him swimming in the Olympics next year but you gotta believe because he's going nowhere.   If he doesn't show it by year 3 I wouldn't give him a 5th year option.  I see him and Zach on the same timeline.  They make it together next year or go together.  

On 12/20/2022 at 1:08 AM, ZachStepdad said:

No he can’t He can’t play in the pocket. He can’t throw to a spot and let the recievers go get it. He has no touch, all his throws are 100 mph. 

If Zach was in a Sunday Morning Central Park Flag Football league he would be good. NFL…not so much

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What rookie QBs instantly looked like they belonged? Burrow and Herbert. Both throw down field. Hire one of their O coaches.

There is one big problem with this offensive system to date and that's Zach Wilson . He is the worst Jets QB in a long history of sh*t .

In 6 games Mike White has moved this offense and the only Issue we seem to have at this stage is shooting ourselves in the foot with crippling mistakes, drops, fumbles at critical times in games . That's not on LaFleur that's on execution . Time will heal this and this offense will be fine.

Right now the Running game does not work because teams stack the box on us because they know Zach is no threat at all. If he sniffs a little pressure his progressions come to a screeching halt. When White plays teams are forced to play us more straight up.

This offense has its coordinator and it has its QB in the offseason JD needs to repair a damaged and injured OL. That and a Big Possession WR should be the priority considering we have 4 good Lineman coming back next year from injury this revamp should not be that difficult. 

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Paper thin resume to be elevated to OC.  He was thrown into the deep end of the pool.   He's barely treding water.  Hard to seen him swimming in the Olympics next year but you gotta believe because he's going nowhere.   If he doesn't show it by year 3 I wouldn't give him a 5th year option.  I see him and Zach on the same timeline.  They make it together next year or go together.  

This is the problem. How can Lafluer learn "on the job" and be expected to develop a rookie QB? Tragically, I believe this was Gregg Knapp's role and they were never really able to replace him.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, slats said:

I’m not in the camp that thinks LaFluer needs to go, but I do think a senior, veteran coach coming in to help revamp the passing attack is probably in order. He was originally going to be the CEO of the offense with Benton coordinating the running game and Knapp the passing game - a much better situation for the rookie OC. Instead, he’s primarily handled the passing side of things. I’d be looking to go back to the original plan. I like a lot of what LaFluer does, he comes up with some very creative plays, but they need some new (old) blood in there. 

Passing game looks fine when it's run correctly.