Zach Wilson’s INT play

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Bad throw. Blabla. Should’ve thrown to Wilson, the primary on this play.

But I’m calling out Moore here. Wtf is he doing? He continues to loaf through his routes when he knows he’s not the target. 

Look at Smith on top compared to Moore. Moore jogs, gets pushed off balance, jogs some more…oh sh*t, the balls coming to me. 
Is it just me? Idk. Whatever. I can’t sleep. 

His feet are almost parallel to the line of scrimmage when he releases that ball.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's looking at the ball. Hard to believe even Zach would throw up such a duck.

Blaming Moore is hilarious. But not surprising. The defender could have called for a fair catch. 

yep.  that ball wasn't thrown far enough.  it's hard to say if the safety would've been able to double moore had the ball been out in front.

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

But I’m calling out Moore here. Wtf is he doing? He continues to loaf through his routes when he knows he’s not the target. 

Look at Smith on top compared to Moore. Moore jogs, gets pushed off balance, jogs some more…oh sh*t, the balls coming to me. 

this is on no one but zach.

Zach sucks. The more you can accept it, the faster it will help you heal or the faster you can accept it, the more you will heal. Either way, he’s just not good. His decision making is awful. 

I watched the game at home and I sensed the lack of energy from the team and stadium. I felt like the fans were barely in it but I feel like we’re rarely in it. I wish there was more of a home field advantage at that stupid stadium. 

• Post of the Week 1

People will take any excuse to slam Zach.

Yes it was a terrible read and throw

... You brainiacs didn't even read the original post... Or bother to comprehend it ... It was about Moore .. who yes ... Could have run a crisper route.

@bronx even posted visual aids of a different position altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I think he just threw short.  If he had thrown a longer ball Moore could have gotten behind the Safety and ran for TD.  Or maybe Moore should have been running faster to begin with to give QB better look by running faster to get behind safety in 1st place.  Hard to tell w/o knowing what he was suppose to do.  No doubt though Zach ****ed up here but not sure about Moore.

Just now, maury77 said:

Stop that play at 7 seconds when Zach is at the top of his drop. If he throws with any anticipation, Garrett is starting to break open. Just a complete lack of understanding how to throw with anticipation. 

Looked to me ILB was in good position to cover the GW route.  He could have made the pass but he would have to throw over ILB I guess.

Wilson's chart of his throws from this game showed a definite tendency to throws outside the hashes. The throws over the middle seem to trouble him. Does he not have enough vision over the OL / DL to make a read so he tends to look outside all the time?

Even then - Moore had two defenders close to him, and a third in the vicinity. If you have to make that throw outside, Jeff Smith looked a better option (1 on 1, man is inside him so has better position). Might have got to his break just to late to be considered.

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Stop that play at 7 seconds when Zach is at the top of his drop. If he throws with any anticipation, Garrett is starting to break open. Just a complete lack of understanding how to throw with anticipation. 

He said Garrett was the first read and he forced it to Moore. I think he saw the deep 3rd safety move towards Garrett and figured the bigger play would be a throw to where the safety was vacating. Not entirely wrong since Moore is open if he throws a ball that’s actually on Moore instead of that weird floater hoping to lead Moore to a TD. 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It wasn't even thrown on target if it was to Moore. It was thrown up for grabs

It was actually a fine throw.  The read/decision was bad.

This is what I'm talking about with you guys.  it's not enough to say wha it was - you have to make sh*t up too.  

The ball was placed exactly where he wanted it to go.  Would have hit Moore, looks like - in stride.  Moore had the corner beat when Zach let it go.

It was a bad read in that he didn't see the safety.  He needs to know better, he need to be better...

We can accept it was a bad play - but we don't have to make sh*t up about too.. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don’t think the OP has anything to do with the QB. It’s limited to Moore. I do believe that when Moore does not feel a play will be coming his way, his focus wanes. 

If you look at the play, after getting bumped, Moore who was running an out didn't  have a lot of room to stay inbounds.  The other thing is Zach threw a balloon ball. This is the same guy that throws the ball 100 mph with a receiver 10 yards away from him. This is the kind of pass that needs that zip and he put a ton of air under that ball. Moore was open so I don't  see the need to throw that kind of pass. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It was actually a fine throw.  The read/decision was bad.

This is what I'm talking about with you guys.  it's not enough to say wha tit was - you have to make sh*t up too.  

The ball was placed exactly where he wanted it to go.  Would have hit Moore, looks like - in stride.  Moore had the corner beat when Zach let it go.

It was a bad read in that he didn't see the safety.  He needs to know better, he need to be better...

We can accept it was a bad play - but we don't have to make sh*t up about too.. 

Ok, we now have the ability  to make a good throw while making a bad read. 

• Haha 2