Zach Wilson will be a star in the NFL - But not for the Jets

JETS SB

Sometimes I close my eyes really hard and tell myself when I open them, that I'm actually 6'6 w/ the skills of Michael Jordan and when it doesnt happen, I tell myself, one day, maybe not today, or tomorrow or the next day but one day, this will work and it will be glorious. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

The Monday Night Football crew tonight, really woke up twitter, to a point where it is clear what Zach Wilson's future is. He has been clearly mismanaged in New York, by an inept Offensive Coordinator who fails to utilize him properly, even after seeing his successes and failures, but refusing to adapt or enhance the immense upside and talent he has.

When the Packers are playing the Rams on MNF, and 75% of the conversation is about the Jets, thats not a good thing. And while not everything they said was 100% accurate, I do agree with them, for the most part. We are ruining Zach Wilson. I am sure many here just think he sucks with no future. For those of you that truly believe that, no one can help you. Sorry, but you are too far gone in your miserable world of Mike F'n White.

Robert Saleh has to take the blame by playing the musical QB1 QB2 Inactive QB game, which is clearly a disaster waiting to happen, once Mike White is healthy. With no one knowing who is going to play on any given week or which QBs are going to be active, benched or backup.

This isnt on Mike White. He is an average QB, with a decent arm and accuracy, but limited upside. We have already seen his best. He is a gutsy guy and he is very likable. But is he a winner? Probably not.

This is partially on Zach Wilson for not taking the accountability after the New England loss. He has not played well. But has shown flashes of what he is capable of, mixed in with terrible decision making. His first 21 games has not been good, though if you look at what we really need as a QB, it isn't someone to throw 50 times per game. It is someone who can manage the game and put us in a position to win, but also, not be predictable, having some kind of mobility, since our offensive line is putrid. Zach Wilson could eventually be that guy. But its New York.

The new breed of good QB's drafted over the past 6 seasons, Mahomes. Allen, Lamar, Dak, Burrow, Herbert. Hurts, Tua, Trevor, Fields and even Daniel Jones - They all have an ability to make a play with their legs. But it wasn't until Josh Allen worked for nearly 2 years on footwork and pocket presence, did he become a great QB. Hurts and Tua, the same. Mahomes didnt even play, after he was drafted. No way New York has that kind of patience. Herbert and Burrow were stars from day 1. But those guys are not the norm. It sometimes takes time. Time that New York has no patience for.

Maybe we think that we can find the next Tom Brady or Matthew Stafford, pocket QB, and even some think that guy is Mike White. Good luck with that.

In the end, Zach Wilson will likely be traded for a draft pick, likely in the off season. He wont make it in New York. Sure, it is partially on him, but he will eventually be a star, on another team, who does have patience and coaching to help him, because we are the New York Jets. We can't ever have anything good. Because we are made up of a bunch of miserable media hacks and a fan base of middle aged Jet Nation type of men, who will never happy, even when we have a young exciting team. Its New York. We want to win now. Zach Wilson is done here. I am sure that will make many in this forum very happy.

lol zach wilson is sh*t. it's nobody's fault. he just isn't good enough to be an nfl qb. lacks the field vision, decision making, and accuracy to do it. it's ok, only a handful of guys can do this job competently. he's not one of them

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Gee, could it be the MNF crew had the back off their colleague Steve Young, who continues to look like a bigger idiot by the day over his insistence of how great Zach is?

10 years from now, the fire side chat Christmas Special of Chris Simms and Steve Young discussing why Zach Wilson was actually a superhero but the Jets were his kryptonite will be a tantalizing discussion and must see TV.

Simms - "You see Steve, look at this play.  Check out the foot work, Zach didnt just do one pirouette, he did two! (before tossing the ball into the legs of an oncoming defender), that's the stuff I've been talking about that's get you excited.  That's what we saw at the combine that had teams drooling.  I mean, look at this, he's one of the few, if only guy that can do that in the NFL" 

Steve - "Oh you're so right Chris, you know, Zach comes from an incredible family, they're so supportive.  When he told them he wanted to take ballet for his footwork, they didnt bat an eye, they went out and found the very best Barre class in Provo, Utah, which is really the perfect place to breed an NFL QB, and man, did it pay off, kid can spin like nobody's' business but it all goes back to those family values and how he was raised.  They truly gave him the confidence that he could do those things on the field and man, when he does, it's really something else"

• Post of the Week 1

I’m on the side that’s wants to see Zach play. But the chances of him becoming even serviceable are slim at this point. 
yes this isn’t the system for him, I agree but being in the wrong system doesn’t make you the worst starting QB in the league. 

I also like, well more than like, Mike White. I am a fan. But I also agree that the chances of winning a Super Bowl with him are very slim  He is by far the better QB at this point and probably over the term of both careers but he has limitations 

This team is good to very good but not a  game manager away from a Super Bowl victory. Let Zach play and bury himself or a lot less likely redeem himself 

• Upvote 2

You might be right, but right now he shouldn't be playing. That's not to say that one day he won't be good, and yes even though some on here think they can see what someone will become, I'll say this. If you had that talent, then you'd probably be coaching an NFL team somewhere. We love to be armchair QB's all of us, me included, but really we have no idea. We don't know if it's Zach, the coaching staff, or the OC just being stubborn. My guess is it's Zach not learning how to read a defense correctly, which then I blame on the OC, and QB coach, because what are they being paid for. The other is not fitting a system to your QB's strengths. The next is playing him when he's clearly not ready.

I'll say this last thing and end it there. You don't make it to the NFL without having some skills, so while he can't hit the board side of a barn right now, the kid needs to sit in film study, learn better footwork, practice the 3-5 step dropbacks and where to deliver the ball, and someone needs to get him in class for how to read a defense. I give him year 3, and then cut bait. But this offseason has to be nothing but devouring defensive reading skills so you know before you snap the ball, where it's going. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JiFields said:

10 years from now, the fire side chat Christmas Special of Chris Simms and Steve Young discussing why Zach Wilson was actually a superhero but the Jets were his kryptonite will be a tantalizing discussion and must see TV.

Simms - "You see Steve, look at this play.  Check out the foot work, Zach didnt just do one pirouette, he did two! (before tossing the ball into the legs of an oncoming defender), that's the stuff I've been talking about that's get you excited.  That's what we saw at the combine that had teams drooling.  I mean, look at this, he's one of the few, if only guy that can do that in the NFL" 

Steve - "Oh you're so right Chris, you know, Zach comes from an incredible family, they're so supportive.  When he told them he wanted to take ballet for his footwork, they didnt bat an eye, they went out and found the very best Barre class in Provo, Utah, which is really the perfect place to breed an NFL QB, and man, did it pay off, kid can spin like nobody's' business but it all goes back to those family values and how he was raised.  They truly gave him the confidence that he could do those things on the field and man, when he does, it's really something else"

Good to see you haven’t lost your fastball.?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

The Monday Night Football crew tonight, really woke up twitter, to a point where it is clear what Zach Wilson's future is. He has been clearly mismanaged in New York, by an inept Offensive Coordinator who fails to utilize him properly, even after seeing his successes and failures, but refusing to adapt or enhance the immense upside and talent he has.

When the Packers are playing the Rams on MNF, and 75% of the conversation is about the Jets, thats not a good thing. And while not everything they said was 100% accurate, I do agree with them, for the most part. We are ruining Zach Wilson. I am sure many here just think he sucks with no future. For those of you that truly believe that, no one can help you. Sorry, but you are too far gone in your miserable world of Mike F'n White.

Robert Saleh has to take the blame by playing the musical QB1 QB2 Inactive QB game, which is clearly a disaster waiting to happen, once Mike White is healthy. With no one knowing who is going to play on any given week or which QBs are going to be active, benched or backup.

This isnt on Mike White. He is an average QB, with a decent arm and accuracy, but limited upside. We have already seen his best. He is a gutsy guy and he is very likable. But is he a winner? Probably not.

This is partially on Zach Wilson for not taking the accountability after the New England loss. He has not played well. But has shown flashes of what he is capable of, mixed in with terrible decision making. His first 21 games has not been good, though if you look at what we really need as a QB, it isn't someone to throw 50 times per game. It is someone who can manage the game and put us in a position to win, but also, not be predictable, having some kind of mobility, since our offensive line is putrid. Zach Wilson could eventually be that guy. But its New York.

The new breed of good QB's drafted over the past 6 seasons, Mahomes. Allen, Lamar, Dak, Burrow, Herbert. Hurts, Tua, Trevor, Fields and even Daniel Jones - They all have an ability to make a play with their legs. But it wasn't until Josh Allen worked for nearly 2 years on footwork and pocket presence, did he become a great QB. Hurts and Tua, the same. Mahomes didnt even play, after he was drafted. No way New York has that kind of patience. Herbert and Burrow were stars from day 1. But those guys are not the norm. It sometimes takes time. Time that New York has no patience for.

Maybe we think that we can find the next Tom Brady or Matthew Stafford, pocket QB, and even some think that guy is Mike White. Good luck with that.

In the end, Zach Wilson will likely be traded for a draft pick, likely in the off season. He wont make it in New York. Sure, it is partially on him, but he will eventually be a star, on another team, who does have patience and coaching to help him, because we are the New York Jets. We can't ever have anything good. Because we are made up of a bunch of miserable media hacks and a fan base of middle aged Jet Nation type of men, who will never happy, even when we have a young exciting team. Its New York. We want to win now. Zach Wilson is done here. I am sure that will make many in this forum very happy.

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Just like Sanchez.

Just like Geno.

Just like Darnold.

Feels like we’ve heard this all before, and it doesn’t seem any more right now that it did for the other three. People thought thought they’d all be stars after leaving too. 

I guess we’ll see if this time, the worst producing of the four, is the star afterwards.

Funny thing about qbs, they usually play well sometime in their first 2 seasons if they’re going to be good.  Pennington was the last jet qb drafted who flashed right away.  Even after his injuries he went to miami and had a good season. Good qb who would be the same guy everywhere.  Just like wilson.  

Another puzzling thing about the ‘jets ruining qbs’ is that nobody ever accuses the jets or ruining a guy at  another position.  When have we ever heard ‘the jets ruined that tackle’ or ‘the jets ruined that wide receiver’?  

• Upvote 1

Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Jameis Winston, Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, Marcus Mariotta, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky, Mark Sanchez. 

All 1st round picks that busted, Zach won’t be the 1st, won’t be the last.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I just bought one, found it on ETSY.  This pic is from a JETS fan page on FB.

Baby yet???

he's 8 days late, typical JiF family male, stubborn momma's boy, but momma wants him out!  lol  We cant go past the 23rd, so if he doesnt come before then...that's the day! 

• Post of the Week 1

Jets rushed him Year 1 thats on the team.

Zack Wilson sucks at layups and free throws after a full off season and training camp Year 2 and upgraded roster thats on him.

Now we’ll see if he can develop and overtake another QB starting in 2023 or 2024.

But if he doesn’t I doubt he’ll be a starter anywhere else.

• Upvote 1

If he can ever figure out how to consistently make the easy throws on time and on target he will be a beast because he can challenge the defense anywhere on the field with his arm and he's dangerous with his legs too. I don't see it happening based on what we've seen so far, but I'm not saying it can't. Not holding my breath, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1