Why does this fanbase think Mike White is good?

FactsOnly

2-4 8 TDs 10 picks career

57 complete % outside of the fluke Bears game the worst D in the NFL

68 rating his last 2 games with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks, 1 of those games a bottom 3 defense in the Vikings 

Immobile he cant move, sub par arm, 0 elite, 0 elite potential 

THIS DUDE IS A BUM

• Upvote 11
  • Thumb Down 16
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Ugh 4
  • More Ugh 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

68 rating his last 2 games with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks, 1 of those games a bottom 3 defense in the Vikings 

THIS DUDE IS A BUM

Because some Jets "fans" like to lose?

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 3

The bottom line is that Mike White is a better fit. After watching that Lions game I’m not sure he’s better than Zach in general but in the Jets offense he is much better. Fix the redzone issue and he can win with this team.

He’s probably not the future for the Jets but he’s as likely if not more thanZach to be. His teammates love him and he can be fun to watch, as opposed to Zach who would be fun to watch if you didn’t dread what would happen every play.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah He might be a bum but he's also the best qb on the roster. Although the case could be made for Streveler. 

He's not Zach that's why we love Mike white 

That’s all fine and good over the next 3 weeks.

But for next season and beyond?

Why anyone would want either behind center is baffling.

As much as it would make many Jets fans sick to their stomachs, luring Brady here to finish out his career is by far this teams best shot at not only playoff contention, but a potential Super Bowl run over the next few years.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

i'll post it, since you wont.  mike white has a 62% completion while zach is 54%

white YPA is 7.4 - zach 7.1

white 3 TD/2 INT - zach 6/6

lions pass D is actually worse than the bears - zach went  2/1 at 51%.

And the Vikings pass D is worse than the Lions. Mike White had 54% in that game with 0 TDs 2 picks. 
QBs will have their good and bad games, and the reality is the most important thing is who puts their team in the best position to win. Right now it’s probably Mike White but who knows

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

and mike white looked better than zach vs the lions.  if berrios didn't drop the last pass, we're talking a different tune.

I wouldn’t say Mike White looked better. Zach had a good game outside of 2 drives where he looked lost.

I also don’t expect Zach to have another game like thay this year, while I may expect it from Mike White. Overall Mike gives the team probably the best chance but Zach didn’t have as bad of a game as some of you make it out to be.

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

just stop looking at stats and watch the tape.  the offense looks 1000x better with white than wilson.  it's that simple.

I agree, but it’s funny that it’s changed to ‘stop looking at the stats’ after zach had a statistically good game.

12 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'll post it, since you wont.  mike white has a 62% completion while zach is 54%

white YPA is 7.4 - zach 7.1

white 3 TD/2 INT - zach 6/6

lions pass D is actually worse than the bears - zach went  2/1 at 51%.

Now compare Zach’s good games versus White’s bad games?

If you do that, Zach  >  White. 

• Haha 1

Guys, at the end of the day, can MW stay healthy?  He keeps getting knocked out of games. He's yet to be able to start more than 3 games at a time.  Two seasons in a row he's had a brilliant first game, then faded and was quickly knocked out of games.  He's got more broken ribs this year than wins (if reports of 3 broken ribs are accurate).

Yes, he's better than ZW for the Jets at this time, but he can't go right now and will be a free agent after the season. If he can go after this week, and the Jets are still in contention for the playoffs, sure, they should put him back out there.

However, I'm coming to the conclusion that others have already come to that the Jets starting QB next season is not on the roster right now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

THIS DUDE IS A BUM

I don't think he is a bum but he is a jag, who is massively overrated because everyone hates the current starter.

Easily replaced by any one of a ton of other medium QBs in this league and hopefully the Jets are smart enough to realize they need to bring in someone legit to challenge both white and wilson next year whether they keep one or two or both.

Half the games he has started he has thrown 2 ints or more.

A whopping total of 34 points scored and 0 td passes in the last two starts both must wins.

Wilson is bad, White whom everyone loves for some reason is not much better, his game is prettier that is for sure, his end results are not.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Fits in the offense. Underdog. Selfless. Good teammate. Willing to put his body on the line. Looks like he lives in West Islip and attends SUNY Cortland. I miss anything? 

Because he is too immobile to get out of the way. That's why he gets injured every third game...