Jump to content

Robert Saleh, Jets need to 'stick up' for Zach Wilson - Chris Simms


Recommended Posts

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Stick up? The whole organization is looking at an epic collapse if the season because they put Zach’s fragility first.

Giving him the job in the spring, even though he was outplayed: sticking up for him.

Burying the better player on the depth chart: sticking up for him.

Not benching him mid-game and settling for losses: sticking up for him.

Creating a public spectacle that he is having a reset, not benching: sticking up for him.

It is costing the Jets their most competitive season in a decade to stick up for him. Chris Simms can eat a box of chocolate cover dick holes.

Simms loves blaming everyone else for Zach being horrible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

Simms loves blaming everyone else for Zach being horrible 

Yeah, big time. Zach is just not ready yet. Not even close. He shouldn’t start, but that doesn’t mean close the book on him. You see what you can develop in him at the back end of the roster. 

He always should have been a 3rd round selection. The league is just out of whack.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Stick up? The whole organization is looking at an epic collapse of the season because they put Zach’s fragility first.

Giving him the job in the spring, even though he was outplayed: sticking up for him.

Burying the better player on the depth chart: sticking up for him.

Not benching him mid-game and settling for losses: sticking up for him.

Creating a public spectacle that he is having a reset, not benching: sticking up for him.

It is costing the Jets their most competitive season in a decade to stick up for him. Chris Simms can eat a box of chocolate covered dick holes.

Blaming ZW for the OL , special teams or defensive struggle last week is comical. Zach could have played better .... but so could have 75% of the team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, big time. Zach is just not ready yet. Not even close. He shouldn’t start, but that doesn’t mean close the book on him. You see what you can develop in him at the back end of the roster. 

He always should have been a 3rd round selection. The league is just out of whack.

The assessments being made of Zach 2 years ago.  Oh my God.  How off could these people be.  People pretending Zach somehow played well facing coastal Carolina or any other ranked team.  He was lousy in those games but boy did he put up a clinic facing Missoula Technical College

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dunnie said:

Blaming ZW for the OL , special teams or defensive struggle last week is comical. Zach could have played better .... but so could have 75% of the team.

Weird. None of those things are mentioned in my post or this thread.

I agree with you, entirely. That said, a post like this is going to reduce the thread into splitting hairs over percentages of blame. That’s not the discussion point.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Blaming ZW for the OL , special teams or defensive struggle last week is comical. Zach could have played better .... but so could have 75% of the team.

The defense played well last week except for the end of the 4th qtr. they also played lights out facing the patriots.  What else do you want the defense to do in your hero Zach’s last 2 losses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Weird. None of those things are mentioned in my post or this thread.

I agree with you, entirely. That said, a post like this is going to reduce the thread into splitting hairs over percentages of blame. That’s not the discussion point.

At this point in the season, every team is dealing with injuries. The excuse-making for this QB is epic. Figure it out or get lost. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

The defense played well last week except for the end of the 4th qtr. they also played lights out facing the patriots.  What else do you want the defense to do in your hero Zach’s last 2 losses?

All they needed last week was not letup a broken play long TD. Pats game was a QB disaster ...ill never defend that except to say conditions were horrible.

Edited by Dunnie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

All they needed last week was not letup a broken play long TD. Pats game was a QB disaster ...ill never defend that except to say conditions were horrible.

The problem is “they shouldn’t have given up that play,” assigns no value to everything they did do right that game, which was plenty. We do the exact opposite with the QB — ignore 3.5 quarters of trash play and cling to the 1-2 big plays as “proof” that he has “it.”

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Next year the honeymoon is over ... 

That’s always what a terrible QB’s defenders say. Appear objective “I’ll judge him on performance, next year, I swear” and defer the debate you have no current chance of winning until next season when (you hope) he improves.

But we all know next year will come with new excuses.

The honeymoon will end when he’s no longer a Jet and then his old defenders will respond with the South Park beating a dead horse gif whenever anyone brings him up after that. Of course, if he has a decent half as the Raiders backup in 2027, the premature victory laps will be like the chariot race in “Ben Hur.”

For some people it’s just never the right time to criticize a Jets QB bust.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s always what a terrible QB’s defenders say. Appear objective “I’ll judge him on performance, next year, I swear” and defer the debate you have no current chance of winning until next season when (you hope) he improves.
But we all know next year will come with new excuses.
The honeymoon will end when he’s no longer a Jet and then his old defenders will respond with the South Park beating a dead horse gif whenever anyone brings him up after that. Of course, if he has a decent half as the Raiders backup in 2027, the premature victory laps will be like the chariot race in “Ben Hur.”
For some people it’s just never the right time to criticize a Jets QB bust.
... I just think he had far less than 17 games this year .. it's clear he is a WIP .. he gets the off-season to improve and at least a 5 game audition next year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... I just think he had far less than 17 games this year .. it's clear he is a WIP .. he gets the off-season to improve and at least a 5 game audition next year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
 

No.

You cannot hand the worst QB in the NFL two years running a competition free starting job his third year. 

You simply can't.  GM's who do should be fired, no matter how much supposed "potential" that horrible QB has.

At the very least, Wilson must compete against a legitimate QB competitor to earn any playtime next year.  That's at a minimum.

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No.
You cannot hand the worst QB in the NFL two years running a competition free starting job his third year. 
You simply can't.  GM's who do should be fired, no matter how much supposed "potential" that horrible QB has.
At the very least, Wilson must compete against a legitimate QB competitor to earn any playtime next year.  That's at a minimum.
Oh ... I completely agree with the camp competition factor. Don't get me wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...