hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

wtf are you a Jets fan? you like the color green?...nevermind you hate the uniforms

They only recently even started wearing green in their uni's too.

• Haha 1

in all honesty I was being serious, I know the Jets bring pain however why be a fan if it causes so much misery and you hate everything about the team? I'm all for however you put on the field and will support...especially everyone's favorite target a talented 23yr old QB finding his way around the NFL

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

in all honesty I was being serious, I know the Jets bring pain however why be a fan if it causes so much misery and you hate everything about the team? I'm all for however you put on the field and will support...especially everyone's favorite target a talented 23yr old QB finding his way around the NFL

I think the honest answer is that it's hard to give up fandom.  Plus nobody wants to jump off the train because there's always the chance of a magical season (look at the Bengals last year.  And Detroit might be putting something together this year too).  

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the honest answer is that it's hard to give up fandom.  Plus nobody wants to jump off the train because there's always the chance of a magical season (look at the Bengals last year.  And Detroit might be putting something together this year too).  

better than half this board has given up on the season already, by most guesses the Jets are miles ahead of where they were expected to be.  The average fan has become a snarky copy of a crappy sports show guy or a hack newspaper columnist desperate to sell papers.

It's not clever, it's boring, and aggravating. I guess it's just a microcosm or what this country has become. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just be like that bald Ed guy. Jump off the wagon when the goings bad, and hop back on when its good.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jetswin said:

if you...

hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

wtf are you a Jets fan? you like the color green?...nevermind you hate the uniforms

Out of those I would say the starting QB is in fact hated on here by many.  That is the only one 'hated' by my definition.

All the others have had criticism leveled at them and that is not hate.  But people want to view the world in black and white which it is not.

If you do not support every thing a person does you hate them, if you are not give them credit for everything you hate them.  If you say even one  nice thing about a player or coach you love that guy and ignore all the faults.  This is simply not true.

When looking at football you give credit when due and be critical when due, in the long run you hope the good things out weight the bad.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Out of those I would say the starting QB is in fact hated on here by many.  That is the only one 'hated' by my definition.

All the others have had criticism leveled at them and that is not hate.  But people want to view the world in black and white which it is not.

If you do not support every thing a person does you hate them, if you are not give them credit for everything you hate them.  If you say even one  nice thing about a player or coach you love that guy and ignore all the faults.  This is simply not true.

When looking at football you give credit when due and be critical when due, in the long run you hope the good things out weight the bad.

this is good!

how many fire JD and fire Saleh and fire LF threads can we expect after next loss though...

I think Saleh is a good hire, I also think when he says Mike White makes easy things look easy (somewhat of a shot at Zach obviously) it's funny that he didn't make calling timeouts look easy last Sunday.  Not ready to dismantly him though as Im not ready to dismantly Zach for not adjusting to the NFL game, and in particular an unfamiliar offense yet.

24 minutes ago, jetswin said:

this is good!

how many fire JD and fire Saleh and fire LF threads can we expect after next loss though...

I think Saleh is a good hire, I also think when he says Mike White makes easy things look easy (somewhat of a shot at Zach obviously) it's funny that he didn't make calling timeouts look easy last Sunday.  Not ready to dismantly him though as Im not ready to dismantly Zach for not adjusting to the NFL game, and in particular an unfamiliar offense yet.

How many of those threads already exist?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jetswin said:

if you...

hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

You forgot the stadium

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

if you...

hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

Because I could never make it to the 12th step. 

• Haha 1

if you...

hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

A REAL Jets fan hates on average 3 of those 8. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t currently hate the GM, HC, or QB (M.White), or most of our roster.

There have been plenty of times where I hated all of them though and still rooted for this team. Why?

I grew up a Jets fan. Father has season tix, went to games, father-son bonding, it was our thing. Never a missed a game from 6 years old until adulthood. 

That was my team growing up and I’ll always be a fan unless they move to London, Mexico, or St Louis, etc. Then that would be me sweet release from the eternal torture.

• Upvote 1

if you...

hate the QB 

hate the coach

hate the GM

hate the FA's

hate the draft picks

hate the coordinators

hate the vets

hate the history

Born into both Jets fandom and a healthy "unhealthy" level of self loathing... 

I love how much I hate myslef and love how much I hate the Jets and still I am commited to my well being and the wellbeing of the Jets if that isn't love I dont know what love is.

I married a Pats fan ....

• Haha 1