I come in peace

I don't think you're stating anything crazy here. Rolling with Mike White while developing Zach is certainly one of the plausible scenarios next year. 

I do think we are over-valuing White a bit as a fanbase because all we have to compare him to is Zach. Can we let White walk, bring in Jimmy G and expect similar if not better results than White? I think so. Is that the best move? Depends on each QB and their contract demands.

I think we can win with White and he'll be a cheaper option so i'm not opposed to that route. With regards to Zach, he'll be given further opportunity to develop and learn next season, well, because of his contract, draft status, and JD clutching onto draft picks for dear life. There is no doubt Zach will be here, I just can't see him being traded so he'll have his shot again.

• Upvote 2

These chat ai bots are getting better every day ?

Seriously though, welcome.

The idea of a Mike white / Zach wilson rep split is hilarious, because Zach would hate sharing. 

The saints have a rotation between Andy Dalton and taysom Hill and it works (kinda) because hill turns them into a wildcat offense of sorts. Direct snaps to Kamara etc. 

The Jets could do it with Streveler and either White or Wilson. Wilson had that 50 yard td run last year (the fake slide) but neither one of those guys can be used like a taysom Hill. Chris Streveler is maybe that type of player, maybe. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Well thought out post and I agree with most of your points, especially in regards to MW’s arm strength. What concerns me with MW is the hits, the Milano hit was sick, and I think an NFL QB needs to know how NOT to take that type of hit in order to operate an NFL offense consistently. A lot of immobile QB have successfully done that.

• Upvote 2

To to see Mike White next year means you’re going to give him a multi year deal. By the time that runs out, Zach’s contract will be over as they wouldn’t pick up his fifth year option at that point. If Mike White is the starting quarterback next year, I guarantee you they try to trade Zach this off-season.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Freeman inParis said:

To say he is brittle is a little bit of a reach if any other qb took that hit from Milano they would be singing Goodnight Irene.

I think we can all agree with your statement.  The problem is that a savvy QB will be athletic enough to move and avoid the big hits, and still get the pass off.  Mike White doesn't seem to have the ability to avoid the sacks, and avoid the hits, so he will continue to get hurt.  

Have you ever heard announcers talk about how some running backs can avoid the "big hits"?  It is in their running style, and their athletic ability to maneuver when they do get hit.  As a QB, Mike White isn't capable of avoiding the "big hits", and thus he will continue to get injured.  It's not that he is brittle, it's that he isn't athletic enough.  On the other hand, Zach can maneuver better than Mike White.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Freeman inParis said:

Almost 20 years I reckon.  I have never posted because I want to avoid the hatred and vitriol that permeates this board.  Don't get me wrong I love the content and love learning stuff here.  Definitely the place to learn Jet news fast.

Good post.

I was like this for awhile.  Not 20 years.  More like 5 or so.

I avoided posting for a long time because I did not see a point to inviting vitriol merely by virtue of posting things (e.g. don't draft Zach Wilson #2.  It's an insane risk based on actual body of evidence.  He's product of the pre-draft hype machine) that run contrary to mainstream opinion / popular narrative.

I would visit mainly because I knew that if any Jet news broke, it was likely to appear here (or Twitter) first.

But once you get into the habit of engaging with the comments, if you're a big fan of the team, it sort of feeds on itself.

Hopefully, you don't get pulled into the vortex (if you don't want to).

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You live in NH.

Do you drive a rented BMW 3 series?

Is your personal seat license ar Met Life a treasured investment because it keeps the riff raff out of the bathrooms in your section?

Do you consider trust fund babies masters of the universe  worthy of owning an NFL franchise?

i thought this exact same thing.  my guess is became a fan at that time as well.

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Freeman inParis said:

Hi everybody, I have been a reader of this board since the other one abruptly ended.  Almost 20 years I reckon.  I have never posted because I want to avoid the hatred and vitriol that permeates this board.  Don't get me wrong I love the content and love learning stuff here.  Definitely the place to learn Jet news fast.  I'm from NH and have been a Jets fan since 81-82.  Fell in love with Freeman McNeil and Joe Klecko my favorite Jets of all time.   Stuck with them all these years as you all did.  There is something about this team.  There are signs here we have a foundation for the future.   I realize I will get demolished for saying these things and this will probably be my only post ever.  I will always be a Jet fan but I don't need the headaches of trying to explain my position to any of you.  I love Mike White!  He is more ready to run the offense as we stand now.  To say he is brittle is a little bit of a reach if any other qb took that hit from Milano they would be singing Goodnight Irene.  Love Mike and what he brings to the offense.  I love Zach Wilson.  Dude is a big play waiting to happen.  Yes I realize 50% of the time that doesn't occur but damn you cant just ignore the arm talent. So why does it have to be all or nothing?  Why not let Mike White run the offense this year and maybe next year and maybe more if he earns it.  He has only started 6 games and will surely grow as a qb too.  To me this is the best case scenario.  Two qbs who's skills oppose each other.  Let them grow and blend their strong points.  This narrative that White doesn't have a strong arm is bananas.  He can rifle it when he needs to.  Lets ride with Mike when healthy and let Zach keep learning.  The positive thing in this is that Zach said he needed to be better and learn.  We can all agree on this.  God bless the Jets faithful!  Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Welcome aboard!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Freeman inParis said:

Hi everybody, I have been a reader of this board since the other one abruptly ended.  Almost 20 years I reckon.  I have never posted because I want to avoid the hatred and vitriol that permeates this board.  Don't get me wrong I love the content and love learning stuff here.  Definitely the place to learn Jet news fast.  I'm from NH and have been a Jets fan since 81-82.  Fell in love with Freeman McNeil and Joe Klecko my favorite Jets of all time.   Stuck with them all these years as you all did.  There is something about this team.  There are signs here we have a foundation for the future.   I realize I will get demolished for saying these things and this will probably be my only post ever.  I will always be a Jet fan but I don't need the headaches of trying to explain my position to any of you.  I love Mike White!  He is more ready to run the offense as we stand now.  To say he is brittle is a little bit of a reach if any other qb took that hit from Milano they would be singing Goodnight Irene.  Love Mike and what he brings to the offense.  I love Zach Wilson.  Dude is a big play waiting to happen.  Yes I realize 50% of the time that doesn't occur but damn you cant just ignore the arm talent. So why does it have to be all or nothing?  Why not let Mike White run the offense this year and maybe next year and maybe more if he earns it.  He has only started 6 games and will surely grow as a qb too.  To me this is the best case scenario.  Two qbs who's skills oppose each other.  Let them grow and blend their strong points.  This narrative that White doesn't have a strong arm is bananas.  He can rifle it when he needs to.  Lets ride with Mike when healthy and let Zach keep learning.  The positive thing in this is that Zach said he needed to be better and learn.  We can all agree on this.  God bless the Jets faithful!  Happy Holidays to you and yours.

i 6think that they should start mike white over zac 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, JetsFanShawn said:

i 6think that they should start mike white over zac 

They would have if White wasn't hurt. Zach Wilson, while he looked better than normal, still needs to wait and earn his job back. He won't be a good NFL QB if he can't recover from mistakes.

4 hours ago, Freeman inParis said:

What part of nh?

I was just in Portsmouth.

beautiful place

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Freeman inParis said:

Welcome and nice post.
Don’t take 20 more years to post again. Most here have barks bigger than their bites. After all, we’re one big miserable family over here! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Freeman inParis said:

Bah Humbug

5CB80BF4-5E3D-4AE2-8173-B24E24475F96.jpeg

9 hours ago, Freeman inParis said:

I like your ideas, but a good asskicking is still needed for a proper NY GangGreen initiation 

ED7901AD-2587-435C-85A4-1E9BFE042E2C.gif

12 hours ago, Freeman inParis said:

Mike white can not only make all the throws but he can actually deliver it on time.throwing them open.

QB is a skill and Mike white is very talented