Jermaine Johnson

BroadwayRay

This guy has kind of faded into the woodwork this year, but I'm posting this to point out he's had a pretty good year considering his snaps have been limited.

Here's the latest from PFF:

26. NEW YORK JETS: EDGE JERMAINE JOHNSON II, FLORIDA STATE

Overall Rookie Grade: 73.9 (Rank: 4/34)
Principal Opponent: T Penei Sewell
Week 15 Snaps: 24

Johnson played 24 snaps this week against the Lions — tying his season high — and had one of his better games of the year. He made one defensive stop, and though he didn’t have any pressures, he recorded four pass-rushing wins that didn’t get a chance to become pressure en route to a 36.4% pass-rush win rate.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This guy has kind of faded into the woodwork this year, but I'm posting this to point out he's had a pretty good year considering his snaps have been limited.

Johnson played 24 snaps this week against the Lions — tying his season high — and had one of his better games of the year. He made one defensive stop, and though he didn’t have any pressures, he recorded four pass-rushing wins that didn’t get a chance to become pressure en route to a 36.4% pass-rush win rate.

hes a good lineb  aker s

i remember when quinen williams was drafted . ed oliver was in the same draft and people liked him too.  it's taken oliver at least 2 full seasons to be a decent starter.  anyone for trading williams for oliver?  didn't think so.  the point is that johnson was drafted much lower in the first round so it can be expected that it's going to take a full season or more before he plays like he's capable of. 

• Upvote 2

Jermaine Johnson is why we can save $15 million on carl lawson and the defense wont miss a beat.  He is able to be brought along pretty slowly due to the talent in front of him which is a good thing for his long term development.  Hopefully he can work on his pass rush and be a true 3 down DE.

• Upvote 3

The guy has 2.5 sacks, a punt block, and has done a nice job setting the edge as a run defender.  His pass rush win rate seems to be going in the right direction while Lawson's is going the wrong direction.  I'm looking forward to these next few games and what he can bring next year when Lawson likely isn't around.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JiFields said:

I dont think I saw him on a single 3rd down pin your ears back scenario, so there is that, but he played well while he was in, one of his best games on year.  

Well tough to not sub in Huff for those situations who lately is literally and yes the real definition of literally being held on every single play. I would like to see more Huff/JJ as Lawson has not been all that really. I suspect he is one of the first to go in the offseason. We are going to have huge turnover again next year in the roster and maybe get even younger.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

LOL while he didn't get any pressures He recorded 4 pass rushing wins and 1 tackle ?? WTF is this sh*t now we're evaluating almost pressures ?? This could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read .

PFF can GTFOH

• Haha 1