Zach Wilson Stat Vs Lions

From Rich Cimini's "Flight Deck" podcast (starting at 8:20):

Now here's a stat for you.  His off-target rate in this game was 35.3%.  That means 35.3% of his attempts were off-target.  That's actually slightly higher than the infamous New England game in Foxboro (35.0%).  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Now here's a stat for you.  His off-target rate in this game was 35.3%.  That means 35.3% of his attempts were off-target.  That's actually slightly higher than the infamous New England game in Foxboro (35.0%).  

he tweeted this out yesterday and included the fact that it was the 8th worst of all QB's from all games this season.

• More Ugh 1

image.thumb.png.46eda49394836094b9424a9c20d91989.png

Aside from his completion percentage it wasn't a bad stat day entirely as people are acting. Throw in the fact that he got pummeled all game behind a line that got MW injured last week. Hell if Jeff Smith had longer fingers he could have had 3 tds. Yes, he made a couple bad choices/throws too. No doubt, but the hate is so irrational. He isn't a pocket QB, that isn't his fault as the Jets drafted him, and the OC needs to adjust even if for just one game until he gets his dream qb back, maybe. It isn't rocket science, it's chess, you adapt on the fly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

That's the thing. He somehow makes the hard stuff look easy, and the easy stuff look hard. Insane lol

Those were 50/50 prayers. Let’s not be clowns here. If the Lions’ d-backs had an ounce of ball skills, they could’ve had 3-4 picks. 

17 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

image.thumb.png.46eda49394836094b9424a9c20d91989.png

Aside from his completion percentage it wasn't a bad stat day entirely as people are acting. Throw in the fact that he got pummeled all game behind a line that got MW injured last week. Hell if Jeff Smith had longer fingers he could have had 3 tds. Yes, he made a couple bad choices/throws too. No doubt, but the hate is so irrational. He isn't a pocket QB, that isn't his fault as the Jets drafted him, and the OC needs to adjust even if for just one game until he gets his dream qb back, maybe. It isn't rocket science, it's chess, you adapt on the fly.

I encourage you to read this — the whole thing: https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/12/20/ny-jets-zach-wilson-grade-detroit-lions/

Michael does a great job and doesn’t bullsh*t. He’s not here to make you feel good. He’s just keeping it real. He buried Mike white after Buffalo (last year) and he’ll bury ZW till he doesn’t look like a bottom feeding QB. Happy reading! 

7 minutes ago, DireJet said:

I encourage you to read this — the whole thing: https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/12/20/ny-jets-zach-wilson-grade-detroit-lions/

Michael does a great job and doesn’t bullsh*t. He’s not here to make you feel good. He’s just keeping it real. He buried Mike white after Buffalo (last year) and he’ll bury ZW till he doesn’t look like a bottom feeding QB. Happy reading! 

That's all good. I'm not chained to either. I don't expect ZW to thrive in an offense he doesn't fit. I do expect the OC to adapt. I read it. It's on the money. It shows you that ZW is capable when the OC calls plays that ZW can execute, and that ZW should play from the gun.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He would have had 5000 yards and 15 TDs on Sunday if he was accurate.....