In other news

jetstream23

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the big question is what is the medical issue that made SF pause on the signing of Correa letting the Mets scoop him up.

Personally I think he got cold feet and didn't want to play for the Giants and the medical issue was concocted as means to allow the Giants to save face because Scott Boras does not exist in a vacuum and has to make deals with the Giants in the future. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

He’s a lowlife scumbag. Made his fortune through inside trading while leaving investors in the poor house. Karma’s a bitch and the Mets will pay for it.

Karma doesn’t exist. Exhibit A:

DB1B27A5-B494-4CFC-BD20-F5517E2FAB19.thumb.webp.1a9c1e113fe3caf81cace302a01cc513.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Personally I think he got cold feet and didn't want to play for the Giants and the medical issue was concocted as means to allow the Giants to save face because Scott Boras does not exist in a vacuum and has to make deals with the Giants in the future. 

That or the Giants, who never hand out these deals got cold feet and backed out citing an injury from before his MLB playing days

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

He’s a lowlife scumbag. Made his fortune through inside trading while leaving investors in the poor house. Karma’s a bitch and the Mets will pay for it.

How did he buy the team from prison?  Or did he get acquitted?  I'm not familiar with the charges you're talking about.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How did he buy the team from prison?  Or did he get acquitted?  I'm not familiar with the charges you're talking about.

Back in 2013 he pleaded guilty in a hedge fund scheme . Cohen had to pay 1.8 billion in  damages. Just google Steve Cohen insider trading and you can read it yourself. This is one of the reasons why the other MLB owners were at first hesitant to vote him in. Someone else posted earlier how long I’ve been a Yankees fan. I started following the Bronx Bombers in 1976. The Jets soon followed in ‘78.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Back in 2013 he pleaded guilty in a hedge fund scheme . Cohen had to pay 1.8 billion in  damages. Just google Steve Cohen insider trading and you can read it yourself. This is one of the reasons why the other MLB owners were at first hesitant to vote him in. Someone else posted earlier how long I’ve been a Yankees fan. I started following the Bronx Bombers in 1976. The Jets soon followed in ‘78.

Howard Spira.

18 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My Uncle was the biggest Met fan. He once wrote a song for Tom Seaver, got to play it for him. Meeting Seaver was one of his best memories, the autographed baseball he got, one of his prize possessions. 

He passed away last week just as things were getting good. The Wilpons wasted all those years. 

I’m certain your uncle got to see the 69 team. Maybe it’s because they truly were the “Miracle Mets”, but to this day that season, and that team is my fondest sports memory.

I’m sure he never forgot it either. That was the only memory he needed. 

• Upvote 1