Matt Ryan Benched - Foles to Start

The rumor was that Irsay benched Ryan back when Reich was the HC because if Ryan can’t pass a physical sometime over the offseason his $17M salary is guaranteed for next year. Irsay then fired Reich for not winning with their young QB and hired Saturday, who immediately put Ryan back in the starting lineup. With no playoffs on the horizon, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was Irsay’s financial call once again. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

The rumor was that Irsay benched Ryan back when Reich was the HC because if Ryan can’t pass a physical sometime over the offseason his $17M salary is guaranteed for next year. Irsay then fired Reich for not winning with their young QB and hired Saturday, who immediately put Ryan back in the starting lineup. With no playoffs on the horizon, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was Irsay’s financial call once again. 

Wait. If they don’t want him to be able to pass the physical, shouldn’t they bench the LT ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Wait. If they don’t want him to be able to pass the physical, shouldn’t they bench the LT ? 

"if Ryan can’t pass a physical sometime over the offseason his $17M salary is guaranteed for next year"

If this is worded correctly then they don't want him to get hurt or next years' salary is guaranteed. If he doesn't get hurt they can cut him in the offseason and save the $17mil.

1 hour ago, viffer said:

"if Ryan can’t pass a physical sometime over the offseason his $17M salary is guaranteed for next year"

If this is worded correctly then they don't want him to get hurt or next years' salary is guaranteed. If he doesn't get hurt they can cut him in the offseason and save the $17mil.

Ooooooooh.  Yeah it still seems odd  but high 5 to his agent lol 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Ehh... could be but Saturday wants the job long term and wants to win games. Ryan leads the NFL in fumbles and INTs. Noodle arm is shot and was shot back in Atlanta. 

Foles probably is a better option to win games for them right now.

32 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Colts probably thought they were getting a deal for a FQB at $17mm.  

Hopefully JD avoids that option, except for maybe a 1 year deal for Brady.  

I am liking more and more the prospect of drafting another QB, and keep doing it until we find one.  

Yeah resign White to a reasonable 1-2 year deal and draft a qb in the first 2 rounds

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Colts probably thought they were getting a deal for a FQB at $17mm.  

Hopefully JD avoids that option, except for maybe a 1 year deal for Brady.  

I am liking more and more the prospect of drafting another QB, and keep doing it until we find one.  

I don’t think this fanbase/team can handle any more rookie qbs. If they don’t jump out the gate playing well then we’ll be in the same situation as now but at a faster rate. I’d give it a year or less of a rookie playing poorly before the fans go crazy on him 

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

But I thought the veteran retread was the solution to QB problems.....Indy has proven that unless your name is Peyton or Tommy that strategy sucks balls.

Drafting also sucks balls. Pretty much any strategy when you don't have one sucks balls and has a low success rate. 

Personally, I'd layer strategies on top of each other with a solid veteran and drafting. If you have too many 'good' QBs.. you can trade one away. 

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Drafting also sucks balls. Pretty much any strategy when you don't have one sucks balls and has a low success rate. 

Personally, I'd layer strategies on top of each other with a solid veteran and drafting. If you have too many 'good' QBs.. you can trade one away. 

Yeah agree

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again, JD dropped the ball when it came to drafting a QB.  We all wanted Justin Fields after Lawrence was gone.  However, Fatboy decided to wing it. 

Need a draft coordinator from the stands immediately to help with selecting a QB.  The combine and prodays are for amateurs.  Watching CFB is how you select winners.

Hooker from UT in the 2nd round.  OT in the 1st.

• Upvote 1