Thursday Night Weather

Smashmouth

12 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Stadium should have been a dome.  Fan or no fan, sitting in the rain in December for 3 hours blows.  

Mr Chris Farley - aka man living in a van down by the river  - you should have your next motivational speech say if you work hard you can get covered seats in the Club section and not have to sit in the rain.  :-)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The utility bill for next month will be a nightmare.  Only redeeming quaity is that after several days of -30 to  -40 -20 seems balmy.

it's a good thing you all have that great oil and gas to power your homes!

although it seems like your president or whatever you call him likes the clean energy.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah Edmonton, right now it is -31, I feel bad for people that booked ski holdiays in banff or jasper, like -43 there last night.   before windchill. lol

hmm, they get to go back home in a couple of days.

you have to live there every day.

you guys are very strong (but stupid) up there.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The utility bill for next month will be a nightmare.  Only redeeming quaity is that after several days of -30 to  -40 -20 seems balmy.

Serious question: do you acclimate to those kind of temps or do you leave the house only in event of an emergency? Coldest I’ve ever been in was (iirc) -10 in Minnesota and I’m still mentally scarred by the way it felt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question: do you acclimate to those kind of temps or do you leave the house only in event of an emergency? Coldest I’ve ever been in was (iirc) -10 in Minnesota and I’m still mentally scarred by the way it felt. 

When it gets this cold really only go out when necessary.  If you dress proper it is not that bad.  I go out a few times a day to shovel snow or fill the bird feeding stations etc.  The ones you feel bad are the ones that have to be out for extended time, such as firefighters and such.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Same thing, but the opposite here in Arizona.  AC is cranking on full from June until September.  With 115 degree temps electricity bills can dwarf car payments.  When we see 99 it feels like room temperature. lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No domes are for pussies 

what exact advantage has playing outdoors done for this organization?   If there was a benefit, id agree with you.  However our record shows no benefit of us beating teams in cold weather or wet weather. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Umm I like the outdoors?

Then go outside and watch it on your deck. Yuck.

Do you actually work outside? Puss*es my arse. I spent many years outside working in the cold and it sucks.There is nothing macho about it. Sounds like drunken young people talk.  I worked one year, 1988, every single day all winter long outside, except for 4 days. At that time it was supposedly the coldest winter on record. I was up on a pick hanging vinyl siding. It was a great incentive to get a real job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I want see James Robinson run 20 times against his old team.  Zach throw 3 times ala Mac Jones 2021

If MLF is such a sh*t-hot OC then he should be able to design a gameplan where that becomes a reality. 

Will this leopard change his spots?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Mr Chris Farley - aka man living in a van down by the river  - you should have your next motivational speech say if you work hard you can get covered seats in the Club section and not have to sit in the rain.  :-)

Which seats make the players not play in the rain?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Zach doesn’t like wind but cant imagine the Jacksonville boys are going to like it up here.

This bomb cyclone is making the fantasy playoffs tricky.

Zach could throw a rocket so hard he'd part the red sea harder than Moses ever could and all Trevor Horseneck Lawrence could do about it is tweet "Sheesh".

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

yup its a small town country atmosphere I moved here in 92 lived in Lewisville for 20 years . When I got my job at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing I moved to Rhome because its 20 min from the Bureau easy commute. I'm about 5 minutes from the town which is about 2 blocks long lol so I live in a development of Horse ranches each lot ranges from 3 acres to about 15 very peaceful place :)

Can someone help me find the jealousy emoji

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jetpain said:

what exact advantage has playing outdoors done for this organization?   If there was a benefit, id agree with you.  However our record shows no benefit of us beating teams in cold weather or wet weather. 

Also there are gonna be a mess of empty seats tonight. Even if they're paid for, benefits nobody. Lots of things wrong with the design of the stadium, and among them are lack of a retractable roof. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

yup its a small town country atmosphere I moved here in 92 lived in Lewisville for 20 years . When I got my job at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing I moved to Rhome because its 20 min from the Bureau easy commute. I'm about 5 minutes from the town which is about 2 blocks long lol so I live in a development of Horse ranches each lot ranges from 3 acres to about 15 very peaceful place :)

Is it where the deer and the antelope play? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s going to be so bad that I don’t think they’ll even bother with any rain delays etc. since the conditions will be the same for the whole game. Wishful thinking I guess. 

They will delay a game if there's lightning. Nothing so far in the forecast about that. But rain and high wind, they'll play through that. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Keep in mind this type of slippery weather takes the pass rush out of the equation. They can't get traction to rush the passer and any throws made will be quick short throws. Lets see how the coordinators adjust that will be key IMO

They aren't  playing on grass. With the right cleats, they shoukd be ok. It's  a bigger deal for WR' and DB trying to make cuts. We could see RB's falling as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That’s the funny thing it’s supposed to Be like 50 at kickoff just non stop rain and wind tho 

werid weird December night 

I can’t wait. I’ve accepted that it will be a total sh*t show and don’t care. I’m not taking my wife with us since she’d be miserable. Just me and my buddy that’s a Panther’s fan and has gone to many games with me. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t wait. I’ve accepted that it will be a total sh*t show and don’t care. I’m not taking my wife with us since she’d be miserable. Just me and my buddy that’s a Panther’s fan and has gone to many games with me. 
Perfect. Even if the wife manned up ... You would know deep down inside the truth of it all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1