Thursday Night Weather

Smashmouth

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell that thing is awesome. Pity to kill it. I hope that at least harvest them. 

Only experienced, serious hunters hunt the Oryx. They are very dangerous, especially when wounded. They will charge you. Wild game out there is always harvested. At the very least it will be used for dog food. 

Wild Boar is good eating and there is a cottage industry among the ranchers out there for hunting and slaughtering. A butcher will never run out of work in Texas.

https://brokenarrowranch.com/collections/wild-boar

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's animals shipped here from Africa so those Idiots you see in the pictures can shoot them as a trophy and call themselves hunters. I'm no anti hunter but I'm not a fan of people who get marched out on a Texas Ranch to shoot what amounts to tame exotic animals for sport.

Agreed. They must have the smallest johnsons too

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's animals shipped here from Africa so those Idiots you see in the pictures can shoot them as a trophy and call themselves hunters. I'm no anti hunter but I'm not a fan of people who get marched out on a Texas Ranch to shoot what amounts to tame exotic animals for sport.

Kind of weak. That’s why I hunt buffets in the wild with nothing but a fork and the appetite the good lord gave me. I’m an apex  eater. Ain’t no bitch.,

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, batman10023 said:

it's a good thing you all have that great oil and gas to power your homes!

although it seems like your president or whatever you call him likes the clean energy.

Natural gas this part of the country.  It used to be relatively inexpensive but now is pretty high.  The thing is the actual cost of gas is still pretty good it is all the other costs the utility companies heap on you each month. 

It is hilarious reading your bill, it looks like this in the summer:

Environmental fee $25

Infrastructure Fee $27

Rate rider $22

Additional fee on rate rider $10

Tax on fee on rate rider $7

Local improvement fee $ 12

Rate rider on improvement fee $8

Actual cost of gas $5  (Of course in he winter this cost is WAY higher)

Total bill $116

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If I had to guess I think Zach will run for more yards than he passes today.,

Will be curious to see if either QB can throw the ball even functionally in this weather. 

Zach handled the wind SO badly in NE - maybe he learned something from that game? Hard to have any confidence whatsoever. 

If we get QW, I'm hoping our defense makes this a really, really tough game for Sunshine. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Will be curious to see if either QB can throw the ball even functionally in this weather. 

Zach handled the wind SO badly in NE - maybe he learned something from that game? Hard to have any confidence whatsoever. 

If we get QW, I'm hoping our defense makes this a really, really tough game for Sunshine. 

I think the only thing Zach learned in New England is being a pompous prick gets you benched. Not much but it’s something. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The problem with places like Gillette and Heinz Field or whatever it is called now , is that they are open ended stadiums , making wind gusts and directions more tricky. While the winds swirl at Metlife it's not as bad as at those 2 places. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Natural gas this part of the country.  It used to be relatively inexpensive but now is pretty high.  The thing is the actual cost of gas is still pretty good it is all the other costs the utility companies heap on you each month. 

It is hilarious reading your bill, it looks like this in the summer:

Environmental fee $25

Infrastructure Fee $27

Rate rider $22

Additional fee on rate rider $10

Tax on fee on rate rider $7

Local improvement fee $ 12

Rate rider on improvement fee $8

Actual cost of gas $5  (Of course in he winter this cost is WAY higher)

Total bill $116

admin fee for managing fees fee $9

fee fee $7

wtf are you gonna do about it fee $2

you thought we were joking about that? $3

fee fi fo fum $10

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This has the makings of a classic. A crazy weather game we will be talking about a decade from now 

It’s snowing hard by me. I hopefully have the perfect window of it warming up so I can get to my friend’s on time and then we are heading out. The weather didn’t go as planned so far today so hopefully my Jetta can make it to the first destination haha. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

yup its a small town country atmosphere I moved here in 92 lived in Lewisville for 20 years . When I got my job at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing I moved to Rhome because its 20 min from the Bureau easy commute. I'm about 5 minutes from the town which is about 2 blocks long lol so I live in a development of Horse ranches each lot ranges from 3 acres to about 15 very peaceful place :)

can you send me some bills please?

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It was about -40 where I live last night (without windchill)  No fing joke.

Coldest I ever experienced was the all-time record low temp here in Knoxville TN back in January of 1985.  It was -24 one night during my college years.  My roommate and I bundled up and went outside just to experience it.  There was no wind, but within just a couple of minutes we'd had enough and went inside.  Just a harsh, biting cold.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Coldest I ever experienced was the all-time record low temp here in Knoxville TN back in January of 1985.  It was -24 one night during my college years.  My roommate and I bundled up and went outside just to experience it.  There was no wind, but within just a couple of minutes we'd had enough and went inside.  Just a harsh, biting cold.

It really is all about the wind.  I'll take -30 and no wind over -15 or so with a brisk wind.  -32 C here right now.  I am going to go out and shovel some snow and start up the truck again. 

• Upvote 2