****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Do or die time for Zach. 

I have feeling Engram and Etienne will go off. Our pass defence has been great at shutting down the best WR’s but it suits the Jags to make our LB’s work in coverage.

This. The difference-maker between game 1 vs Buffalo and game 2, is that they got Knox out in space versus our LB and S.

• Upvote 1

The scripted plays opening the game hasn’t worked for Zach all season. It’s time for our 11 year old OC to think outside the box. It’s up to lafleur to put him in a position to succeed. Not 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 14. If they try forcing the run against a stacked line it’s gonna be a long night. 

I expect the Jags to stack the line like the lions did and dare the jets to throw the ball. Short 3 step drops and slants (over center, not shotgun) and designed roll outs. The center of the field was wide open against the lions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ah yes, I remember the calls for leniency when Mike White was getting pummeled against the Bills despite getting the ball off in 2.57 seconds but, sure, let’s pre-apologize to Zach Wilson and his 3.09 time to throw if he faces pressure tonight against the mighty Jaguars defense. 

If his first receiver isn’t there he steps into the pass rush lol he did that several times last Sunday .

• Upvote 3

The scripted plays opening the game hasn’t worked for Zach all season. It’s time for our 11 year old OC to think outside the box. It’s up to lafleur to put him in a position to succeed. Not 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 14. If they try forcing the run against a stacked line it’s gonna be a long night. 
I expect the Jags to stack the line like the lions did and dare the jets to throw the ball. Short 3 step drops and slants (over center, not shotgun) and designed roll outs. The center of the field was wide open against the lions. 
2 minute drill all game... Extreme tempo.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

Every week, I beg the team to open the game on offense with a play action pass, and then make the same request throughout the game on first down, “everyone’s expecting a run up the gut here, fake it and throw the ****ing ball for once!” 

I don’t feel like I ever get my way. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I think whomever wins the turnover game gets the W tonight. Not sure what the final decision on Quinnen is even though our D played well without him he's huge, mostly double teamed and key to sacking the Qb. Zack played OK for 3 quarters last week for one quarter basically zilch. There were a lot of what ifs last game, if Zach doesn't throw that pick would we have won. It was a really bad throw. Look the Jags and Lawrence playing much better lately but we're due for a W and they've won 3 out of their last 4 when they were crushed by Detroit. We're better than them: Jets 24 Jags 17.

Everybody on here saying we have to run the ball. I get it. But I think the Jets biggest advantage is through the air with Wilson, Davis, Moore and Conklin. Its raining and its Zach but this is football, its an all weather game, you can still throw the ball. 

The Jags have talented players on defense and they will stack the box on every single play. If they Jets are okay with running the ball on first and second, then passing on third and long, they will lose this game. They will not win this game if they are constantly running the ball to no effect and punting, hoping for the defense to score or give the offense another crack at it without the opponent putting points on the board. 

MLF needs to be creative and attack the Jags defense with Corey Davis, G.Wilson and E.Moore. I'm not saying don't run the ball at all or put Zach in a position where he will fail due to the rain. I'm just saying I highly doubt the run game will be effective, while the pass game will be there if the Jets choose to pursue it. 

• Sympathy 1

Having Corey Davis in the lineup should help Zach, he seems to look for him a lot when he's in the game.

And please - throw it to Uzomah more than twice a game, guy seems to make plays when he's targeted.

• Sympathy 1

Everybody on here saying we have to run the ball. I get it. But I think the Jets biggest advantage is through the air with Wilson, Davis, Moore and Conklin. Its raining and its Zach but this is football, its an all weather game, you can still throw the ball. 
The Jags have talented players on defense and they will stack the box on every single play. If they Jets are okay with running the ball on first and second, then passing on third and long, they will lose this game. They will not win this game if they are constantly running the ball to no effect and punting, hoping for the defense to score or give the offense another crack at it without the opponent putting points on the board. 
MLF needs to be creative and attack the Jags defense with Corey Davis, G.Wilson and E.Moore. I'm not saying don't run the ball at all or put Zach in a position where he will fail due to the rain. I'm just saying I highly doubt the run game will be effective, while the pass game will be there if the Jets choose to pursue it. 
Probably need the pass to set up the run in this one, rather than the other way around.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Probably need the pass to set up the run in this one, rather than the other way around.

Issue might be the wind. They are saying very gusty at times.

ironic thing is Zach has the arm strength to cut threw it.

where he ends up throwing it is a whole other story though

• Upvote 1

What time do they announce the inactive list? I'm wondering if Mike White will have gotten the go-ahead to play and be the back-up to Zach...is that possible, anyone know?

Yes I saw the thread and Mike is out so it's all on Zach to pull this one out for us, we need this win if we want any chance at a playoff game.

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

Excited about the game, when was the last time the Jets were in this big of a game late in the season?  I know the vibes are trending down but I got a feeling these boys go and get the W tonight...but I also got a weird feeling this baby boy who's now 9 days late and just chillin in momma's belly is coming right smack in the middle of this game.  It makes sense, die hard Jets fan, living in Jax, both teams are in the playoff hunt, prime time game, must win situation.  Its like lil man has been waiting for kick off! 

damn, I know the wife has to be ready for lil jif to get the show on the road. 

good luck

1 minute ago, Stark said:

damn, I know the wife has to be ready for lil jif to get the show on the road. 

good luck

yeah, more than ready, she's bad ass though,...she wants to have this all natural so she's just been waiting but they wont let her go past tomorrow, so it wont be long before we meet him either way but she really wanted to go natural, so for her sake, I'm really hoping my prediction is right and comes tonight...I think I can handle missing the game for that.  lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

yeah, more than ready, she's bad ass though,...she wants to have this all natural so she's just been waiting but they wont let her go past tomorrow, so it wont be long before we meet him either way but she really wanted to go natural, so for her sake, I'm really hoping my prediction is right and comes tonight...I think I can handle missing the game for that.  lol 

All the best to you and your family

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What’s the good word on QW? Game time decision?

Nice to see Corey Davis back - he has his issues but the production level is night and day when he’s on the field

Corey. Garrett. Tyler. Braxton. Elijah. Hit up the jug machine. NO DROPS PLEASE.

Passes will be wild and every completion will be critical in this game. 3rd down conversions will be huge. Tipped balls will definitely turn into turnovers. NO DROPS PLEASE.